America has a Moscow Mitch problem

Hugo Stiglitz

Still, McConnell added Thursday that "as to whether or not the plan was followed and who's the critic and all the rest, I don't have any observation about that because I don't know enough about the details of that to comment on it in any detail."

So the lack of knowledge regarding details didn't stop him from criticizing Obama, but will stop him from criticizing Trump. Its almost as if he's a disingenuous piece of shit. I'll have to give that idea more consideration. 

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, Jive Turkey said:

What is going on here?

ten years ago, if you'd told me that out of the tea party movement it would be ann coulter who actually was the conservative voice who stuck by her principles, i would have looked at you as though you had two heads.

up is down. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 7/21/2020 at 4:49 PM, Biff Tannen said:

I'm going to laugh when he fucking dies.

I hope I don’t make a habit of celebrating anyone’s death....

But I’m opening a fucking bottle of champagne and drinking every last ounce the day Mitch kicks the bucket.

IT’s an unhealthy level of hate for a grown man.

• Hook 'Em 1

31 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

The thing about Mitch is he constantly reminds you how much contempt he has for democracy.  

Mitch be like, “They’re going to fix all the undemocratic things I’ve been abusing my entire career and everyone should be outraged about this!”

God forbid republicans try to, you know, go into places like DC and Puerto Rico with platforms that win them support of people. You know, earn fucking votes?

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

The thing about Mitch is he constantly reminds you how much contempt he has for democracy.  

Mitch be like, “They’re going to fix all the undemocratic things I’ve been abusing my entire career and everyone should be outraged about this!”

Says the asshole who did nothing but pack the federal courts with mostly unqualified ideologues.  How are we gonna unfuck that without a constant impeachment parade of these losers? He can eat shit and die.

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, burntorangebongos said:

Says the asshole who did nothing but pack the federal courts with mostly unqualified ideologues.  How are we gonna unfuck that without a constant impeachment parade of these losers? He can eat shit and die.

The good news there is that the vast, vast majority of the appointments (nearly 3/4) are to the district courts, where political influence is really minimal.  

Even of those appointed to the Courts of Appeal, they aren't constituting a majority of unqualified Trumpers.  Even the conservatives on those courts already are not necessarily likely to go with any of Trump's fringier appointments.  That said, his appointments to the highly political DC Court of Appeals have already kind of fucked things up.

Exactly. And when they need new judges to fill those roles, the district judges are likely going to be promoted into them. This was a long game by McConnell and they are going to need to oversee these judges and get them out if they abuse their judgeship or fuck up their being promoted when Republicans take back control. He left ticking time bombs,imo.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

The good news there is that the vast, vast majority of the appointments (nearly 3/4) are to the district courts, where political influence is really minimal.  

Even of those appointed to the Courts of Appeal, they aren't constituting a majority of unqualified Trumpers.  Even the conservatives on those courts already are not necessarily likely to go with any of Trump's fringier appointments.  That said, his appointments to the highly political DC Court of Appeals have already kind of fucked things up.

But how many of those non-Trumpy judges think, for example, the entire modern administrative state is unconstitutional, or that Lochner is good law?

They may not all be Neomie Rao, but they're all federalist society types with some real strong and fucking crazy beliefs about what the Constitution commands, that if actually given legal effect would have enormously harmful repercussions for most Americans. Maybe more of them than we think turn out to not care much about certain hot-button liberal issues (like gay marriage), but the entire point of the Federalist Society is to return us to an era when regular people had no practical rights or protections under the law and no level of government had any power to enact any policy intended to help regular people that might tax the rich or limit what they could do in any way. Hell, a federal judge just this week struck down statewide shutdown policies in Pennsylvania by citing Lochner. How much longer before judges are deciding that businesses actually have a constitutional right to dump offal in people's drinking water?

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

2016 Republican Platform supported statehood for Puerto Rico.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, wildcat09 said:

But how many of those non-Trumpy judges think, for example, the entire modern administrative state is unconstitutional, or that Lochner is good law?

They may not all be Neomie Rao, but they're all federalist society types with some real strong and fucking crazy beliefs about what the Constitution commands, that if actually given legal effect would have enormously harmful repercussions for most Americans. Maybe more of them than we think turn out to not care much about certain hot-button liberal issues (like gay marriage), but the entire point of the Federalist Society is to return us to an era when regular people had no practical rights or protections under the law and no level of government had any power to enact any policy intended to help regular people that might tax the rich or limit what they could do in any way. Hell, a federal judge just this week struck down statewide shutdown policies in Pennsylvania by citing Lochner. How much longer before judges are deciding that businesses actually have a constitutional right to dump offal in people's drinking water?

That reminds me: GET RID OF CITIZENS UNITED

• Like 1

2 hours ago, wildcat09 said:

Fair point, as is ms. bongos.

But if Trumpy district judges are making looney decisions, like based on Lochner, odds are pretty good that the appellate decisions will wind up reversing rather than advancing any trend to make new, wingnut law.

3 hours ago, burntorangebongos said:

Exactly. And when they need new judges to fill those roles, the district judges are likely going to be promoted into them. This was a long game by McConnell and they are going to need to oversee these judges and get them out if they abuse their judgeship or fuck up their being promoted when Republicans take back control. He left ticking time bombs,imo.

As a recovering Republican, I may be naively optimistic that we won't see anything like Trump/McConnell again for a while.

And, while they may be "breeding" or incubating the unqualified into the qualified with district judge tenures, if the appointees go nuts with it, like Rao and this Stickman character, they may actually be doing their future judicial careers more harm than good.

1 hour ago, TwiceHorn said:

As a recovering Republican, I may be naively optimistic that we won't see anything like Trump/McConnell again for a while.

And, while they may be "breeding" or incubating the unqualified into the qualified with district judge tenures, if the appointees go nuts with it, like Rao and this Stickman character, they may actually be doing their future judicial careers more harm than good.

You'll go broke betting this way long before you will betting the opposite. Come join us on the ledge, the scotch is fantastic.