America has a Moscow Mitch problem

Hugo Stiglitz

12 hours ago, Johnny Sack said:

Explain what government policies transfer wealth from the bottom to the top.  The bottom consumes more government services and takes in more transfer payments. While paying much less in taxes.  

You guys are confusing a lesser disagree of confiscatory tax policy with wealth transfers.  

Says the guy who was born on third base who thinks he hit a triple.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, JimmyJames said:

Mitch will go down in American history on the level of Benedict Arnold.

i knew benedict arnold, and mitch mitchell is no benedict arnold.

err . . . well . . . actually i didn't know him, but i've known of him, and mitch mitchell is no benedict arnold.  arnold got taken in by the brits and made the kind of mistake that defines a life, but prior to that he was a stand-up guy.  mitch mitchell has been a waste of breath his whole life.  to conflate those two men to the same basic historical image is a crime against history.

40 minutes ago, yaqdum said:

err . . . well . . . actually i didn't know him, but i've known of him, and mitch mitchell is no benedict arnold.  arnold got taken in by the brits and made the kind of mistake that defines a life, but prior to that he was a stand-up guy.  mitch mitchell has been a waste of breath his whole life.  to conflate those two men to the same basic historical image is a crime against history.

Hey man, Mitch Mitchell is a helluva drummer.

Image result for mitch mitchell

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Hey man, Mitch Mitchell is a helluva drummer.

Image result for mitch mitchell

yes, he is, and i keep making that mistake.  i can't seem to get it in my head that mcconnell's name is mcconnell.  maybe my respect for mitchell keeps intruding.

in atonement, will you accept this amusing reminiscence of chris squire meeting jimi wherein mitch gets mentioned?

1 hour ago, yaqdum said:

I just read the Arnold Wiki article a few days ago.  He seems like he was a fuckhead prior to the treason.  He would frequently bicker with fellow officers and had corruption charges brought against him.  Seems like a smart guy who thought he wasn't getting his due and was lousy with money.  After his first wife died, he married some 18 year old hottie, who had Tory connections, and she flipped him. 

1 hour ago, yaqdum said:

yes, he is, and i keep making that mistake.  i can't seem to get it in my head that mcconnell's name is mcconnell.  maybe my respect for mitchell keeps intruding.

in atonement, will you accept this amusing reminiscence of chris squire meeting jimi wherein mitch gets mentioned?

Holy crap, that was a great interview!  Now I want to see the rest .. . .

4 hours ago, Tuco said:

I just read the Arnold Wiki article a few days ago.  He seems like he was a fuckhead prior to the treason.  He would frequently bicker with fellow officers and had corruption charges brought against him.  Seems like a smart guy who thought he wasn't getting his due and was lousy with money.  After his first wife died, he married some 18 year old hottie, who had Tory connections, and she flipped him. 

my impression is he was a pain, but he was a general in the continental army and had command of an important fort.  i don't see anything like that on mitch what's-his-name's scorecard.  mitch has mostly been window-dressing before he made his name as a traitor.

21 hours ago, retread said:

Besides taking a victory lap, you have to wonder what Turtle was trying to say with that Gorsuch tweet. Maybe I don't follow his social media enough, but that doesn't seem like something he would have done 2-3 years ago? He's definitely trying to kiss up to Cheeto, but you have to wonder if this is what R leadership will look like in the future, with or without Trump.

The Rs love power and as much as they can get. If acting tyrannical fires up their base, then they will have no problem obliging.

Now you know...the rest of the story. 

Edited by Anastasis
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Tuco said:

I would suggest Turn.   Pretty decent telling of Arnold in there. 

16 hours ago, GopherRock said:

When this is over, McConnell and Ryan are going to make Neville Chamberlain look like a hero of international diplomacy.

I assume Putin is the Hitler in your analagy or whom if not Poottie Poot?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
45 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Good.  Fuck him. 

I have no problem with any pol being shouted down.  Terrible, heartless decisions affect people every day.  They need to know and face the consequences. 

Plus he's terrible.   

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Post Oak said:

Good.  Fuck him. 

I have no problem with any pol being shouted down.  Terrible, heartless decisions affect people every day.  They need to know and face the consequences. 

Plus he's terrible.   

Did you miss the part where the whole place turned on the protester in, seemingly, Mitch’s defense?

The equivalent of “Shuuuuuutup you mustard pants wearing mustacheod sign stealer!”

51 minutes ago, OatmealRaisinCookie said:

Did you miss the part where the whole place turned on the protester in, seemingly, Mitch’s defense?

The equivalent of “Shuuuuuutup you mustard pants wearing mustacheod sign stealer!”

McConnell more than Trump is one of the most evil pieces of shit in this country that has had an enormous impact on hurting the most vulnerable lives. He never deserves a peacful moment in public again.

• Like 7

They are not celebrities. They are shitheads who have acted poorly and abused their positions. They need to know that oath breaking has consequences too.

Yeah. I gotta be honest, I have no problem with this. Sorry, if I see evil psychopaths out and about, call them out. I’d call out Harvey Weinstein for being a sick fuck, I’ll do the same for those who employ the machinery of govt to inflict pain.

Shit, I remember 25 years ago, being invited to a private event where I cornered Kirk Watson and subjected him to some pretty uncomfortable cross examination on some recent positions that he’d taken. Sorry, you’re a public servant. I’m a member of the public. You’re MY bitch - that’s how this hierarchy works. If you don’t like it, quit.

• Like 4

Didn y’all actually watch the video? The protestor/harrassor actually had to turn his attention to his fellow man (read: equal citizens not public servants) and appeal to why he should be allowed to harass this guy in public with a voice that got smaller and smaller as it was drowned out with “leave him alone” and “get out of here”. It’s still your right to do this in public and maybe it’s even more brave to be the political/vocal minority of an area, but I guess in the same way it’s the right of your peers to call you a creep and ask you to stop as well.

Edited by Guest

1 hour ago, OatmealRaisinCookie said:

Didn y’all actually watch the video? The protestor/harrassor actually had to turn his attention to his fellow man (read: equal citizens not public servants) and appeal to why he should be allowed to harass this guy in public with a voice that got smaller and smaller as it was drowned out with “leave him alone” and “get out of here”. It’s still your right to do this in public and maybe it’s even more brave to be the political/vocal minority of an area, but I guess in the same way it’s the right of your peers to call you a creep and ask you to stop as well.

No is saying the protestor is immune to his own protesting. Say what you want, but there are consequences. Just like for McConnell, he can fuck over Americans in favor of the rich, but there are consequences. 

• 3 months later...