America has a Moscow Mitch problem

Hugo Stiglitz

Let me see if I have this straight.  A Kentucky Senator was having a fundraiser in La Jolla?  Who are your REAL constituents Mitch?

Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell raised a healthy $3 million for his 2020 re-election campaign from April through June and has a whopping $7.9 million in the bank. But just 9 percent of his campaign cash from large individual donors came from his home state of Kentucky.

I think we know who they are

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, DixonHur said:

Let me see if I have this straight.  A Kentucky Senator was having a fundraiser in La Jolla?  Who are your REAL constituents Mitch?

I think we know who they are

Same here in CO.  I was amazed at how much Gardner has raised.  When I looked at fec.gov almost all of his large donations were coming from out-of-state.

Edited by CO Horn

36 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

While I appreciate people hounding Mitch in public, overall it’s a bad idea. If both sides, including the extremes start to find ways to harass political figures, they will eventually just stop interacting with the public.  

Mitch only interacts with you if you have a check with a lot of zeroes waiting for him.

14 minutes ago, CO Horn said:

Same here in CO.  I was amazed at how much Gardner has raised.  When I looked at fec.gov almost all of his large donations were coming from out-of-state.

10 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Mitch only interacts with you if you have a check with a lot of zeroes waiting for him.

Yep, and Mitch only gets about 8% of his contributions from small donors.  For comparison, AOC gets over 90% from small donors.

55 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

While I appreciate people hounding Mitch in public, overall it’s a bad idea. If both sides, including the extremes start to find ways to harass political figures, they will eventually just stop interacting with the public.  

Rare exceptions should be made for the most bitter and nastiest politicians known to man.

mcconnell has 30+ years experience at being a complete asshole. He doesn’t care about the American people, he just wants to stick it to democrats. This bitter bitch deserves what he gets because he dishes it out with shit like stonewalling the merrick garland nomination. 

Edited by Voldemort86
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Yeah, can you imagine if the President simply stopped giving media briefings and only addressed the public via Twitter and softball interviews on his propaganda channel? 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Voldemort86 said:

Rare exceptions should be made for the most bitter and nastiest politicians known to man.

mcconnell has 30+ years experience at being a complete asshole. He doesn’t care about the American people, he just wants to stick it to democrats. This bitter bitch deserves what he gets because he dishes it out with shit like stonewalling the merrick garland nomination. 

Except for a very brief stint as a lawyer, he is a career politician and has no interest in serving for the public good whatsoever.

One of my favorites from the wayback machine:

https://politics.theonion.com/sources-harry-reid-sleeping-with-mitch-mcconnells-wife-1819572018

Even if it is satire, they nailed it and him.

• Like 1

Blavatnik donated $7.25 million to the GOP for the 2016 election. $2.5 million to McConnell, $1.5 million to Rubio, $800K to Lindsey Graham, $1 million to Trump, $250K to Kasich and $200K to McCain. Blavatnik and Deripaska are business partners. Blavatnik co-owns a stake in Rusal with Viktor Vekelsberg, who gave illegal contributions to Trump's inauguration that were siphoned off. Rusal is the company opening the new aluminum plant in Kentucky after McConnell got sanctions dropped on Deripaska.

They are all a bunch of crooked fucks. 

https://www.dallasnews.com/opinion/commentary/2017/08/03/tangled-web-connects-russian-oligarch-money-gop-campaigns

Oleg Deripaska is the founder and majority owner of RUSAL, the world's second largest aluminum company, based in Russia. Len Blavatnik owns a significant stake in RUSAL and served on its Board until November 10, 2016, two days after Donald Trump was elected. 

Deripaska controls RUSAL with a 48 percent majority stake through his holding company, EN+ Group, and the Russian government owns 4.35 percent stake of EN+ Group through its second-largest state owned bank, VTB. VTB was exposed in the Panama papers in 2016for facilitating the flow of billions of dollars to offshore companies linked to Vladimir Putin and is under sanctions by the U.S. government...

Len Blavatnik's co-owner in RUSAL is his long-time business partner, Viktor Vekselberg, another Russian oligarch with close ties to  Putin. Blavatnik and Vekselberg hold their 15.8 percent joint stake in RUSAL in the name of Sual Partners, their offshore company in the Bahamas. Vekselberg also happens to be the largest shareholder in the Bank of Cyprus.

2 hours ago, suddenly shaggy said:

That's a start. How about her calling Trump Traitor Trump, or at least saying we have opened an impeachment inquiry? Nadler saying it is nice, but we need to see it from Nancy. 

Someone on dailykos suggested Red Don.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

I still like "Il Douche" and "Cheeto Benito" for Trump.  But "Red Don" is tight -- that's a good one.

More people will understand "Red Don". A reference to a WWII Italian dictator is too esoteric for the average American mouth breather. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Pescado_Rojo said:

More people will understand "Red Don". A reference to a WWII Italian dictator is too esoteric for the average American mouth breather. 

I think they both would go over a lot of people's heads.  Especially Millennials and Gen Z with Red Don.  They didn't grow up in the Cold War.

16 hours ago, Anastasis said:

It is interesting. The large donations to the Dem Party raise an eyebrow. Is it known (yet) what the Russians may have got in return for their donation?

This corrupt contribution system must be reformed. I've written more than once that some Dems will go down with the GOP party if this festering bag of worms is ever completely opened. Some relatively clean GOPs will be sucked under by the vortex as well.

The donations to individual candidates seem rather small along the lines of hoping for a little good will or maybe a meeting. The business deals seem like the line to follow.

Thanks for posting this.

3 hours ago, Biff Tannen said:

I think they both would go over a lot of people's heads.  Especially Millennials and Gen Z with Red Don.  They didn't grow up in the Cold War.

Nope but they seem to like the 80s.

Journey’s “don’t stop believing” and Bon Jovi “living on a prayer?” 

They’ll figure it out. 

#MillionaireDonald should be a thing. Nothing gets under Trump’s skin more than questions and doubts about his wealth. He’s built his entire reputation around this lie. Brought a defamation suit against a writer who called him a millionaire. Trump lost. 

I like it, but I’m still in love with #Brokeahontas
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, RomaVicta said:

It is interesting. The large donations to the Dem Party raise an eyebrow. Is it known (yet) what the Russians may have got in return for their donation?

This corrupt contribution system must be reformed. I've written more than once that some Dems will go down with the GOP party if this festering bag of worms is ever completely opened. Some relatively clean GOPs will be sucked under by the vortex as well.

The donations to individual candidates seem rather small along the lines of hoping for a little good will or maybe a meeting. The business deals seem like the line to follow.

Thanks for posting this.

TL/DR Blavatnik donated $6,390,683.36 more to Republicans for the 2016 election, $2.5 million to Moscow Mitch and $840K to Leningrad Lindsey.  

Unfortunately, election donations are very opaque, so I decided to download the FEC data file, google the PAC names, then catalogue D/R to see who he was giving too. Blavatnik changed his donation pattern after the Dallas Morning News exposed him. Prior to the DMN article, his smaller personal donations went to both parties. The huge donations he was making exclusively to GOP super pacs were from his companies. 

Looking at the 2016 election, his personal donations to both parties are intentionally obscuring the staggering imbalance in his overall donations when considering his companies. He personally donated a slightly larger amount to Democrats, but those donations are absolutely dwarfed by the money he donated to the GOP from his two companies.

In the 2015-2016 election cycle, Blavatnik personally donated $536,216.64 to Democrats (notably $40K to Michael Bennet, $20K to Kamala Harris) and $426,900.00 to Republicans ($40K to Leningrad Lindsey). That's +$109,316.64 to Democrats.

Now let's take a look at the companies Blavatnik owns that were mentioned in the Dallas Morning News article, Access Industries and AI Altep Holdings.

https://www.opensecrets.org/donor-lookup/results?name=Access+Industries&cycle=&state=&zip=&employ=&cand=

Total Access Industries 2015-2016 donations $5,500,000 (All to GOP with $1,500,000 to Moscow Mitch and $800,000 to Leningrad Lindsey)

https://www.opensecrets.org/donor-lookup/results?name=AI+Altep+Holdings&cycle=&state=&zip=&employ=&cand=

Total Al Altep Holdings 2015-2016 donations $1,000,000 (All to Moscow Mitch)

Total 2015-2016 donations from Blavatnik through his companies $6,500,000 (All to GOP). His biggest corporate donations were to Moscow Mitch, Marco Rubio, Scott Walker and Leningrad Lindsey. 

Subtract $109,316.64 from $6,500,000 and it leaves a net balance of $6,390,683.36 more donated to the GOP than Democrats for the 2016 election cycle. That's not counting the additional $1,000,000 he donated to Trump's inauguration. Blavatnik used Al Altep Holdings to donate a further $1,000,000 to McConnell in 2017 before the DMN article was published. 

His donation pattern changed after the Dallas Morning News exposed him using his companies to donate huge sums to the GOP. Since the article came out, he only has a single company donation, $100,000 to the Democratic Senate Majority Pac, the only donation he has ever used his companies to make to a Democratic candidate or PAC. The large donations to the DNC on his personal donations list are from 2019, well after he was exposed and is now trying to change the narrative. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

It doesn't matter -- his KY constituents are the only people who vote in his race.  His platform could be "I'll sell the USA except Kentucky to Russia, and hand the money out to everyone in KY," and he'd win.  Every time.

Is there a mechanism for kicking Kentucky out of the country? Besides bourbon, horse racing, and ultra shitty ass politician what do they actually do for us?  We can get bourbon elsewhere and horse racing can take place fucking anywhere. 

17 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

It doesn't matter -- his KY constituents are the only people who vote in his race.  His platform could be "I'll sell the USA except Kentucky to Russia, and hand the money out to everyone in KY," and he'd win.  Every time.

You're giving them too much credit.  If I may...

His platform could be "I'll sell Kentucky to Russia, and hand the money out to every rich person in the US," and he'd win.  Every time.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

that's gonna leave a mark:

That woman and her team come up with the best political ads I’ve ever seen. She’s pretty terrible when being interviewed tho, very gaffe prone. 

I cant imagine the sleepy turtle mcconnell being a good debater, but all McGrath has is good ads and fund raising. Hopefully she forces Moscow Mitch to focus on his race at home as much as humanly possible.

Edited by Voldemort86

That woman and her team come up with the best political ads I’ve ever seen. She’s pretty terrible when being interviewed tho, very gaffe prone. 

I cant imagine the sleepy turtle mcconnell being a good debater, but all McGrath has is good ads and fund raising. Hopefully she forces Moscow Mitch to focus on his race at home as much as humanly possible.

At the debate, she should carefully leave a walker by the stage stairs before jogging up to the podium.

Hopefully the DNC will loan out some good debate prep folks and image consultants to put her through boot camp to polish her up and help her get more comfortable with interviews and to avoid putting her foot in her mouth.

Her military background is so huge for her in a place like Kentucky.

It’s cynical but every sentence out of her mouth should have some variation of “When I was in the United States Marines”.

McConnell needs a be obliterated. McGrath should use every tool available. I don’t care if it’s pandering or virtue signaling - use every weapon, Amy.

Make turtle soup out of that chinless cockknocker.

• Like 3

On 8/23/2019 at 6:18 PM, Voldemort86 said:

Pffft...He will refuse to debate her unless that race is within the margin of error and even then he might still refuse. 

8 minutes ago, Pescado_Rojo said:

Pffft...He will refuse to debate her unless that race is within the margin of error and even then he might still refuse. 

She needs to challenge him to a debate near Fort Campbell.  Granted, many may not be eligible to vote in Kentucky, but she needs to play up that aspect.

The Republican Hate Machine and Troll Farm will dig up some relatively insignificant spot on McGrath's military, personal, financial, whatverthefuck record, and drum that into a "Benghazi!"-like frenzy. This will give all the rednecks, racists, misogynists, and other deplorables cover to say "I just don't like her" and vote for Turtle Fuckface.

Edit: and if they can't find something, they will just make some shit up.

Edited by High Plains Drifter
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 8/27/2019 at 8:33 AM, Mrs Whiggins said:

Here is one regarding gun control. I will say, no matter if one is for or agin' it, he is the 'face' of it. He can try and spin away from one group or the other, but his action/inaction as Leader have made him the one people will blame regardless.

Is it just me, or does the voice-over guy on that ad remind anyone else of the guy on the Wu Tang Financial skit?

3 hours ago, High Plains Drifter said:

The Republican Hate Machine and Troll Farm will dig up some relatively insignificant spot on McGrath's military, personal, financial, whatverthefuck record, and drum that into a "Benghazi!"-like frenzy. This will give all the rednecks, racists, misogynists, and other deplorables cover to say "I just don't like her" and vote for Turtle Fuckface.

Edit: and if they can't find something, they will just make some shit up.

Of course.

this is the same state that has voted for turtle dipshit 5 or 6 times in a row.