America has a Moscow Mitch problem

Hugo Stiglitz

1 hour ago, WhatTheBuck said:

I think you're right but I don't think you're supposed to tempt him with scotch. 

Haha.  I can't really be tempted.  But yeah if I come on the ledge and start drinking, it is gonna be a shit show for sure.  Would be an utterly nihilistic move by me.

Edited by TwiceHorn

The trump administration has changed me.  I used to feel bad for republicans when awful things happened to them, but after they gave us Trump, I’m almost satisfied when karma shows up.

i hope McConnell gets sick and has to resign due to health. We need him out of the senate so bad. The man is toxic. He does nothing good for America.

On 9/18/2020 at 1:52 PM, TwiceHorn said:

As a recovering Republican, I may be naively optimistic that we won't see anything like Trump/McConnell again for a while.

And, while they may be "breeding" or incubating the unqualified into the qualified with district judge tenures, if the appointees go nuts with it, like Rao and this Stickman character, they may actually be doing their future judicial careers more harm than good.

Josh Hawley says hi. He is one of several of the next evils waiting in the wings.

• 1 month later...

"It’s been said that McConnell is afraid of passing a 2.2 trillion stimulus before an election that may result in a Democratic majority in the Senate.

He wants the blame on Democrats for that deficit for future Republican candidates to use in campaign ads. He’s a career politician who looks at his big picture. He’s already thinking of 2024 and wants no part of a stimulus that will cause that deficit."

It's time to start learning how to give Republican toddlers the medicine they keep resisting by hiding it in their food. If the Democrats gain the trifecta, they should sign two pieces of legislation together. First, a stimulus bill that doesn't grant money to Americans directly, but instead matches whatever package each state agrees to offer their public. Second, disrupt the flow of money from wealthy states to poorer states.

• Hook 'Em 2

On 9/18/2020 at 9:08 AM, Post Oak said:

Can i get a Surly consensus of pissing on graves?

I'm pretty sure one could make a pretty good living setting up grave pissing tours and selling them to Surly posters.  Actually, forget I said anything, I just remembered this interesting business idea I had and I need to go set up an LLC.

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, Loch Ness Monster said:

"It’s been said that McConnell is afraid of passing a 2.2 trillion stimulus before an election that may result in a Democratic majority in the Senate.

He wants the blame on Democrats for that deficit for future Republican candidates to use in campaign ads. He’s a career politician who looks at his big picture. He’s already thinking of 2024 and wants no part of a stimulus that will cause that deficit."

Problem for him is it's too fucking late.  Tax cuts and already passed stimulus out front should've told you.

34 minutes ago, ndawg said:

It's time to start learning how to give Republican toddlers the medicine they keep resisting by hiding it in their food. If the Democrats gain the trifecta, they should sign two pieces of legislation together. First, a stimulus bill that doesn't grant money to Americans directly, but instead matches whatever package each state agrees to offer their public. Second, disrupt the flow of money from wealthy states to poorer states.

Haha...that is fucking awesome. But will not ever happy. But man I'd love it. 

1 hour ago, Loch Ness Monster said:

So his plan is to hold America hostage through the end of Jan?   If so the Dem House needs to pass a stimulus bill EVERY DAY until then and then heavily advertise how many bills were sent to Moscow Mitch to die.  Tighten the scews as the pain increase and set up for another Rep slaughter in 2022.   

43 minutes ago, NameAlreadyInUse said:

I'm pretty sure one could make a pretty good living setting up grave pissing tours and selling them to Surly posters.  Actually, forget I said anything, I just remembered this interesting business idea I had and I need to go set up an LLC.

Dude, I'm gonna be like an arms dealer -- make a fortune selling to both sides.

MS-13 and Antifa insurance to the MAGA rubes.

Grave pissing tours for everyone else.

And that's when the BIG bucks start rolling in....

f0b.jpg

1 minute ago, Horn Dog said:

So his plan is to hold America hostage through the end of Jan?   If so the Dem House needs to pass a stimulus bill EVERY DAY until then and then heavily advertise how many bills were sent to Moscow Mitch to die.  Tighten the scews as the pain increase and set up for another Rep slaughter in 2022.   

Fuck yes.  Feed Mitch as many poison pills as possible.  Make him fuck over the American people.  Set the stage for 22 and 24.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Horn Dog said:

All he has to do is get through the election.  If Trump loses, Trump will immediately pull any deal back off the table and give the U.S. people the double bird, because fuck everyone if he isn't loved enough to win the election.  I'd brace for no additional stimulus until late January / early February.

2 hours ago, Loch Ness Monster said:

This.  Totally this.  Republicans are going to message as they have in the past.  The smart bet would be on a good portion of the electorate thinking that the GOP sounds reasonable post Trump (whenever we achieve post Trump status).

3 hours ago, Loch Ness Monster said:

It's worse than that:  He knows the GOP is about to lose the presidency and wants to ensure Biden's first year is as economically bad as Obama's.  He doesn't want the economy turning around anytime soon.  He's already campaigning for 2022 and 2024.  And if you think Jerome Powell is going to just keep buying every bond he can if Biden wins, I've got some sweet ocean front in West Texas for sale.

End the filibuster and turn on the money printer.

• Hook 'Em 1

42 minutes ago, Paul Wesley said:

By itself, diabetes wouldn't do that.

Maybe he fell and broke his right wrist a week or two ago, and the hematoma is just tracking down into his hand(?)

That wouldn't explain the (less pronounced) discoloration on the other side.  

It's none of that.  My father has this. He's 84 years old and because he's on blood thinner medicine he bruises very easily.   His hands always look like this.  Of course my dad's always out working in his shop/garden/yard/forest. 

Edited by Hornius Emeritus

2 hours ago, dingleberryswitzer said:

He looks and talks like the old guy from the Hannibal movie that had his face eaten off but lived and spends his days in a wheelchair trying capture Lector aand eventually gets eaten by his own pshyco hogs.  

Minor correction. Mason Verger cut his own face off and then lived.

Also that character raped his sister, tortured animals, pretended to be a Christian, and then used his Christian camp for kids who he then molests..... 

So I guess Mitch talks the talk and might also walk the walk?

7 hours ago, Horn Dog said:

I think Nancy will be doing that, and if the Rs somehow hold the Senate, and I think she and Biden will be reminding America every day of what the Rs are doing.  2022 will definitely be a Republican bloodbath at the polls.

1 hour ago, HornOnTheBayou said:

Not for too much longer by the looks of it.

As much of a traitorous piece of shit as he is, I don't wish death on the guy. Well, at least not until after the election results come rolling in. After that, fuck him.

• Hook 'Em 2