America has a Moscow Mitch problem

Hugo Stiglitz

Hypothetical question for you guys - if RBG passes away next year before the election does Mitch call for a vote?

lol

Of course he will.

Because he’s a craven, hypocritical, cynical, two faced, lying, cheating, no good son of a whore hunk of shit.

In layman’s terms, the Republican leader of the Senate and a fucking Kentuckian to boot.

4 hours ago, Bama Chick said:

lol

Of course he will.

Because he’s a craven, hypocritical, cynical, two faced, lying, cheating, no good son of a whore hunk of shit.

In layman’s terms, the Republican leader of the Senate and a fucking Kentuckian to boot.

But wouldn't that just give the green light for all Dems to support court packing.

If Mitch pulls something diabolical like that then you have all the ammo you need to sale to the American people why the process needs to be depoliticized.

After turtle and dotard kick it in, I’m going to run for the Democrat nomination on the pledge of digging up their rotting corpses and taking them on a road show so everyone can piss on them without having to put in much effort.  I should win in a landslide.

I need to start lining up my cabinet selections, so PM if interested.

• Like 4

After turtle and dotard kick it in, I’m going to run for the Democrat nomination on the pledge of digging up their rotting corpses and taking them on a road show so everyone can piss on them without having to put in much effort.  I should win in a landslide.

I need to start lining up my cabinet selections, so PM if interested.

Can you get McCain and Bush Sr too

We are going to be watching live video of minorities being marched into camps by right-wing death squads and millions of liberals will be saying, "They're screwed now, they said they wouldn't do this and the voters are going to punish them for lies and hypocrisy next cycle!"

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Bruh Man said:

But wouldn't that just give the green light for all Dems to support court packing.

If Mitch pulls something diabolical like that then you have all the ammo you need to sale to the American people why the process needs to be depoliticized.

If it worked like that, McConnell wouldn’t be where he is in the first place.

when the founders put together the constitution, and set up a government run by contention and compromise, i doubt they imagined a scenario where one man could run the senate like a dictator. 

but here we are. this is real life, and the corruption is in plain sight, because they do not care about looking evil any longer.

mitch would make a perfect comic book villain, as over the top evil he is. problem is, if he was a written villain, i'm not sure it would resonate, because of how unrealistically reptilian the man is. 

but here we are. this is real life. 

shit.

• Like 8

4 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

when the founders put together the constitution, and set up a government run by contention and compromise, i doubt they imagined a scenario where one man could run the senate like a dictator. 

but here we are. this is real life, and the corruption is in plain sight, because they do not care about looking evil any longer.

mitch would make a perfect comic book villain, as over the top evil he is. problem is, if he was a written villain, i'm not sure it would resonate, because of how unrealistically reptilian the man is. 

shit.

They did not fully comprehend the evil that possesses some turtles, this much is true. 

Benedict Mitch will go down in history as the worst politician ever. It will be duly noted that nobody ever attempted to destroy the country with greed and avarice more than he did. And it will be so noted because he is going to fail. 

1 hour ago, hayden_horn said:

shit.

Remember though, it's the Ds who are obstructing.

1 hour ago, JimmyJames said:

Benedict Mitch will go down in history as the worst politician ever. It will be duly noted that nobody ever attempted to destroy the country with greed and avarice more than he did. And it will be so noted because he is going to fail. 

Nope, best politician ever, sadly.   One of the worst human beings though... 

Edited by ChiTownDoc
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

He knows it won't get 60 votes. He's not going to make his members vote if he knows a vote will fail. That's his job as majority leader.

Didn't the Senate actually used to debate and try to convince the other side of the aisle to see the merits of a bill?  What's the word?  Compromise?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

Didn't the Senate actually used to debate and try to convince the other side of the aisle to see the merits of a bill?  What's the word?  Compromise?

Not if the Senate leader doesn't feel like hit. That's his prerogative. Nancy Pelosi would do the same thing. She's not going to force her members to take unnecessary votes.

It sucks, but that's the way it is.

38 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Nope, best politician ever, sadly.   One of the worst human beings though... 

Have to agree with this sadly.  The only reason Mitch gets away with his shit is because no one stops him.  He’s a brilliant politician.  However, it’s unfortunate he’s evil AF and likes doing evil.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/10/2019 at 4:30 PM, David Dennison said:

How would you stop him?

We have to take the Senate. Senate Republicans follow him because he is good at maintaining power; take that away from him and he is of no use to them.

The billionaire Dem donor class really needs to throw its weight around in Senate campaigns right now. Some hedge fund monster should be in Joaquin Castro's ear right now promising $200M to defeat Cornyn. There should be shadow PACs attacking Collins right now. A full-on assault on every single available seat. Make them sweat their positions and Mitch falls.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

Because it is the pronoun referring to myself in league with others for the same cause.

"We", in this case, means "Democrats".

But don’t you understand that the Democratic Party doesn’t care about you at all? You’re just a pawn to them.

3 hours ago, Chad Fuck said:

This sounds like something a GOP pawn would say.

No, DNC and GOP, they are the same. They both don’t give a fuck about you. How can y’all be so blind to that?

Edited by XYZ

15 minutes ago, XYZ said:

No, DNC and GOP, they are the same. They both don’t give a fuck about you. How can y’all be so blind to that?

Yes the DNC and the GOP don’t give a fuck about me and you and I don’t give a fuck about them.

The difference is the GOP, like the asshole this thread is based on, has gone full narcicistic traitor mode and is actively seeking to undermine the country due to its own greed and overall shitiness. Or do you still believe that “party of fiscal discipline” horseshit? The DNC isn’t doing that.  

So fuck the GOP and yay team dem. 

• Like 4

8 hours ago, bad_teammate said:

We have to take the Senate. Senate Republicans follow him because he is good at maintaining power; take that away from him and he is of no use to them.

The billionaire Dem donor class really needs to throw its weight around in Senate campaigns right now. Some hedge fund monster should be in Joaquin Castro's ear right now promising $200M to defeat Cornyn. There should be shadow PACs attacking Collins right now. A full-on assault on every single available seat. Make them sweat their positions and Mitch falls.

just like it's next to impossible for the dems to win more states (actual states, not electoral votes) in the election, it will always be more difficult to control the senate.  there's no reason to lose control of the house anytime soon.  ridiculous.

13 hours ago, XYZ said:

I was able to obtain real health insurance because of the Democratic Party over the objections of the GOP. I know others who were able to do the same and I'll never forget it. 

• Like 2

Easy. One is a group of unexciting adults. The other are fun crazed traitors and criminals that cover for their own at all costs including its citizens. The laughable character of President Camacho is calm and tempered vs our current idiot. Oh and the GOP has also brought us 2 presidents worthy of impeachment and they have a history of administrative corruption.

So both sides.
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, XYZ said:

The DNC is the only party that gives a shit about things like the environment, health care,and education.  They are the only party not working to sabatoge the government from functioning from the inside.  I don't really care if they personally don't care about little old unimportant me.  The DNC sucks and gets a lot of things wrong, but their policies tend to show they care more than anyone else.

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

17 minutes ago, Nivek said:

Easy. One is a group of unexciting adults. The other are fun crazed traitors and criminals that cover for their own at all costs including its citizens. The laughable character of President Camacho is calm and tempered vs our current idiot. Oh and the GOP has also brought us 2 presidents worthy of impeachment and they have a history of administrative corruption.

So both sides.

Before Trump, I was a huge believer in "both sides suck".  I still believe that but Reps have moved into new realms of sucktitude and evil.  I still think the Democratic party is a fucking mess  and that the identity politics that consume it are counterproductive but it's not evil.  BananaRepublicans are just fucking evil.  

19 minutes ago, Tom said:

The DNC is the only party that gives a shit about things like the environment, health care,and education.

The DNC and the GOP don’t give a shit about the environment, health care, and education. McConnell, Warren, all these high profile politicians from both sides, they attend the same parties, and they are beholden to the same masters. No matter who gets elected, the few powerful win and you lose.