America has a Moscow Mitch problem

Hugo Stiglitz

Democrats should start openly soliciting dark money from Mexican cartels. Both sides can just start taking cash from murderers. If this whole thing is gonna spiral into moral decay, might as well get a laugh out of it. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Chooky said:

Democrats should start openly soliciting dark money from Mexican cartels. Both sides can just start taking cash from murderers. If this whole thing is gonna spiral into moral decay, might as well get a laugh out of it. 

Seriously I'm almost here.  If the game is rigged and you can't beat it, you have to join it right?

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, triplehorn said:

Moscow Mitch can go fuck himself right up the ass. What a crock of shit. Bring a bill to the senate floor to protect our elections you gutless quivering traitor. Spare us your outrage. You deserve the nickname history books will saddle you with. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

Seriously I'm almost here.  If the game is rigged and you can't beat it, you have to join it right?

Yep. Spray the whole thing down with equivalent filth -- even dabble in racism. Let some independent PAC's target and bombard Kentucky bumpkins with bigotry. "Why would we let Mitch's pan-faced, almond-eyed, Spock haircut, zipper head wife get her slanty Chi-Comm family rich on our watch? Let's buy that red gook a plane ticket back to her own country."

When the DNC gets chided for cheap prejudice they can just shrug and say "I know, it's repulsive behavior. We're very concerned. We should go scorched earth on whatever asshole won't allow a vote on this disgusting dark money into the Senate. Thoughts and prayers. We agree. Calling Mitch's wife a dirty, greedy nip who can't drive has no place in our national dialogue. This is beneath us all lol."

• Like 7

3 hours ago, triplehorn said:

This Moscow Mitch thing has gotten to him, just as I said it would.

All his opponent has to do is harp over and over on this one subject and make him defend it over and over again.

He's 77. He'll be nearly 79 on election day 2020.  He'd probably like to give it up and ride off into the sunset at this point but the problem is that he can't protect himself from his nefarious/illegal past as easily if he's a private citizen. 

3 hours ago, Chooky said:

"Why would we let Mitch's pan-faced, almond-eyed, Spock haircut, zipper head wife get her slanty Chi-Comm family rich on our watch? Let's buy that red gook a plane ticket back to her own country."

Dad?

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

This Moscow Mitch thing has gotten to him, just as I said it would.

All his opponent has to do is harp over and over on this one subject and make him defend it over and over again.

He's 77. He'll be nearly 79 on election day 2020.  He'd probably like to give it up and ride off into the sunset at this point but the problem is that he can't protect himself from his nefarious/illegal past as easily if he's a private citizen. 

No way.  That guy will die in office unless he loses.  He wants to go out on the Lincoln catafalaque

Bates, any insight as to why Mitch's feathers actually seem to be ruffled by this particular instance of people saying mean things about him?  I don't get it.  Not giving a shit what anybody said about him has always been his superpower.

1 minute ago, wildcat09 said:

Bates, any insight as to why Mitch's feathers actually seem to be ruffled by this particular instance of people saying mean things about him?  I don't get it.  Not giving a shit what anybody said about him has always been his superpower.

Not Bates but 1) it's easily understood by even lay bumpkins 2) it has a scintilla of truth if not a whole armada of truth backing it up 3) it has meme power.  Moscow Mitch, Putin's Mitch etc...  4) even the most bumpkinesque voter can understand that Mitch and his wife have grown rich while feeding at the public trough  5) he has become spectacularly unattractive in old age 

6 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

Moscow Mitch is pretty fucking catchy.

He's been an opponent of federal roles in state elections forever.  It's something that dates back to his campaign finance reform opposition days.

Edited by Bateshorn

23 minutes ago, babysdaddy said:

that's a pretty good Pac name.  What what his reason for opposing the election security bills?  seems like a pretty easy bipartisan deal

I love that he’s having to defend it in the Senate.  That means the nickname is doing some damage.  

1 minute ago, Hornius Emeritus said:

Wow ... this was a spectacular political miscalculation by Mitch McConnell.

It is in one sense, but can he really lose his seat in Kentucky?  I'm not so sure.  And if his seat is secure, why not take the heat for a policy that will help the GOP win through cheating?  He's been doing it for years, like with Garland, and it's resulted in the most recent GOP takeover of government.   His calculation on this is, are Republicans more likely to lose the Senate if I'm an asshole but help foreign enemies swing elections to Republicans, or if I do the right thing and we have to win fairly?   He's decided the former, and I'm not sure that he's wrong (other than morally). 

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Jive Turkey said:

See Bateshorn's post above.  Mitch doesn't want the feds telling states how to run their elections.

Is there a legal distinction between feds telling states how to run their state and local elections versus feds telling states how to run their elections for federal positions, i.e. POTUS, US House and Senate?

If a state's electoral apparatus is corrupt to the core, it affects the balance of elected power on a national scale.  It deprives voters of due process outside of that corrupt state, so it seems that the feds would have a strong interest in how a state manages elections for federal office.

It would be a big step forward to mandate all states have a paper ballot backup for federal positions alone.  It seems it that it would follow that states would tend to fall in line with the federal mandate at the state level for basic efficiency.  And if not fall in line, it would provide a contrast between systems within a state to offer some clarity as to what is or isn't working.

At last, somebody is pulling a loose thread sticking out of the GOP.  Keep pulling and you'll find a criminally infested organization awash in all kinds of dirty money- rubles, riyals, you name it.

Let's kick this rotten pumpkin open. Now.

• Like 2

Just now, RomaVicta said:

At last, somebody is pulling a loose thread sticking out of the GOP.  Keep pulling and you'll find a criminally infested organization awash in all kinds of dirty money- rubles, riyals, you name it.

The entire party is rotten to the core. 

2 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

Look, he needs to die pretty soon, because I've been working up a righteous dump, fueled by tamales, cheap beer, and coffee, and his grave is JUST the place I need to spray it.

With El Patio gone, I'll have to fly directly to his grave from Dart Bowl.

2 hours ago, RomaVicta said:

The NRA is still alive.  I'm not sure how.

3 hours ago, David Dennison said:

Moscow Mitch talk not going away.

If it wasn’t, he wouldn’t have been trying to get ahead of it on the Senate floor this week.  

I still think he’s pretty safe, but I’m guessing his internal polling doesn’t have him where he feels comfortable enough to ignore this.