America has a Moscow Mitch problem

Hugo Stiglitz

Serious question- wouldn’t the doors be able to be opened once the water pressure equalized?  With an 8 minute lead time, couldn’t she have come up with this or been relayed it and been ready to attempt to open the door as the cabin filled up, as a last chance effort?

does the vehicle have something that would prevent doors from opening under the condition that one was in?

14 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Serious question- wouldn’t the doors be able to be opened once the water pressure equalized?  With an 8 minute lead time, couldn’t she have come up with this or been relayed it and been ready to attempt to open the door as the cabin filled up, as a last chance effort?

does the vehicle have something that would prevent doors from opening under the condition that one was in?

elon-musk-shrug.gif

39 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

6 hours ago, Hornius Emeritus said:

Angela Chao's blood alcohol level was .233, three times the legal limit.

And everyone knows how well Asians can handle their liquor.

Edited by Fudge Nuggets

37 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

The problem with this, as I understand it, is that you have to wait for the passenger compartment to fill with water before this will be possible.  That of course is possible, but I wouldn't want to try it sober, let alone that drunk.  Most people will panic under that scenario stone cold sober.  

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, BamaATL said:

The problem with this, as I understand it, is that you have to wait for the passenger compartment to fill with water before this will be possible.  That of course is possible, but I wouldn't want to try it sober, let alone that drunk.  Most people will panic under that scenario stone cold sober.  

Agreed. But if she had an 8 minute convo on the phone, she had time to kind of get her wits about her as much as possible. So my question, distilled, is if she were able to make this attempt after her last breath, would the vehicle allow for it or are there electrical issues that would have prevented the door from being opened, that somehow met ntsb safety requirements?  

I’ve been in Teslas once in my life so I don’t know, but they seem to want to do things differently for she sake of being different. 

in an X, I’d imagine the back lift gate and rear doors would be a no go because of the downward water pressure that remains. 

2 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

in an X, I’d imagine the back lift gate and rear doors would be a no go because of the downward water pressure that remains. 

Hydrostatic pressure is a function of depth, so pressure on the rear doors = pressure on the side doors.

3 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Agreed. But if she had an 8 minute convo on the phone, she had time to kind of get her wits about her as much as possible. So my question, distilled, is if she were able to make this attempt after her last breath, would the vehicle allow for it or are there electrical issues that would have prevented the door from being opened, that somehow met ntsb safety requirements?  

I’ve been in Teslas once in my life so I don’t know, but they seem to want to do things differently for she sake of being different. 

I've never been in a Tesla, so I don't know about the locking mechanisms on them.  If what I remember from a Mythbusters episode years ago was that as a car submerges, they tend to flip upside down, so to add to the chaos and panic in this sort of situation, now add to the level of difficultly of being upside down (at least potentially, hell, Elon's cars probably don't float right).  Once the car is submerged to a certain degree, I don't think it matters which door or trunk you are trying to use, the pressure is more or less the same all over.  If you think about it, and this is speculation on my part, water per gallon weighs a bit over 8 pounds, imagine that over the surface area of the vehicle and it's easy to understand why you would have to wait until it equalizes.  Unless you could bench press several hundred pounds, perhaps more (or leg press that) you aren't getting out.  Even if you are that strong, you'd better pick the door or truck with the smallest surface area to even try.  I don't think there are many 50ish plus women on the planet that are going to have much success in that situation, hell Apollo son of Zeus might not.  

They withheld breaking the windows?   Like Mitch withheld holding a vote on Obama’s SCT nominee.  Learn not to drink and drive into a lake.  

Mitch normalized the hatred of the half of Americans who just happened to see things marginally differently than him.  On the list of things that broke us, Mitch was the asshole charging in with the battering ram.