Led Zeppelin

Deej

• 4 weeks later...

This is in my top 5 Zeppelin songs and I always thought Great White did a shockingly good job with it.

Watching that video is how I learned to play that song on guitar. Great cover.

Sitting by the pool now listening to Zep. Damn if Whole Lotta Love isn’t one of the great all time jams. The breakdowns are epic. Bonham was such a beast.

On 5/1/2020 at 9:21 PM, Gooby said:

THIS IS NOT A DRILL!  REPEATING, THIS IS NOT A DRILL!  LED ZEPPELIN RADIO IS NOW PLAYING ALL THROUGHOUT THE MONTH OF MAY ON SIRIUS XM CHANNEL 27. 

THAT IS ALL

not even the whole month of May, it was back to Deep Tracks today, which I am sure is a fine channel under most circumstances but was a big fuckin' disappointment after getting accustomed to Zeppelin on Ch 27 the past few weeks

On 5/31/2020 at 1:39 PM, SwanderedTalent said:

not even the whole month of May, it was back to Deep Tracks today, which I am sure is a fine channel under most circumstances but was a big fuckin' disappointment after getting accustomed to Zeppelin on Ch 27 the past few weeks

Yeah I got in the car yesterday about 11:15 and Deep Tracks was back.  More dismayed, I could not have been.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 8/7/2020 at 4:53 PM, Deej said:

Put the remastered vinyl of Physical Graffiti today and listened from start to finish with a good set of closed back headphones. 

There has been no better band. 

Like em, got all their shit. But, to me there has always been a dark undertone to their arrangements.

Maybe it is because I remember Jimmy’s love for the occult, and the subsequent bad luck that seemed to follow the band. Whatever it is, I pick it up even in their softer songs like over the hills or tangerine. There was always something brewing just below the surface.

And honestly, who do you really think ended up with the MSG cash?

• 4 weeks later...

"With the third pick in the draft, Deej takes Prince, guitar."

"Just a great pick, Mel. The guy can play any style, plays a Tele, and just has a presence you can't learn. Plus can really hoop and makes some mean pancakes."

Edited by Deej
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

"With the third pick in the draft, Deej takes Prince, guitar."
"Just a great pick, Mel. The guy can play any style, plays a Tele, and just has a presence you can't learn. Plus can really hoop and makes some mean pancakes."

That’s the 4th pick.

Ok, I’ve got bonham and srv. 3 to go.
You have jpj and prince. 3 to go.

Best lineup as voted by shaggy wins $20 from the other. Deal? If so, with pick 5 I select:

James Jamerson.

You’re up.

My turn for two in a row, then?

OK. Jimmy Page and Robert Plant. 

Man, I am 3/4 of the way to a great band. Prince can help with Jimmy's attire and fill in when he needs a heroin break, since he won't have Bonzo's 45 minute Moby Dick solo. 😜

I just grab Jason next round. 

My turn for two in a row, then?
OK. Jimmy Page and Robert Plant. 
Man, I am 3/4 of the way to a great band. Prince can help with Jimmy's attire and fill in when he needs a heroin break, since he won't have Bonzo's 45 minute Moby Dick solo. 
I just grab Jason next round. 

Dude.
I picked bonham
You picked jpj
I picked srv
You picked prince
I picked jamerson
Choose plant or page

Then it’s my pick (#4)
Then you (#4)
Then me (#5)
Then you (#5)