wc day 14 :: will the boys from brazil survive a russian assault

Hagbard Celine

2 hours ago, SpiralOut said:

Low is the Jon Gruden of international soccer.  He can win with another coach's All-World players, but when it's on him to put together a roster that has some weaknesses and work it to his squad's advantage he trips over his own dick.  Germany wasn't going to repeat as champs, but there's no reason they shoudn't have made it out of the group. 

This is a retarded analogy.

Question #1) How many of Klinsmann's players from 2006 were still around on the team in 2014?

Question #2) And how many of Klinsmann's players from 2006 were on the Confederations Cup winning squad in 2017?

ANSWER to Question #1:  5 (Five) 4 (Four)* out of 23

-Bastian Schweinsteiger
-Miroslav Klose*
-Lukas Podolski
-Philipp Lahm
-Per Mertesacker

Given 8 years, you don't think that Löw could have found 3* starters from Bayern Munich and another German who went on to play Champions League matches for Arsenal? (I can't tell if you're joking or not.)

*Correction: Miroslav Klose predates Jurgen Klinsmann's era.

ANSWER to Question #2:  0 (ZERO) out of 23

Edited by Napoleon
  • Like 1

The entire world doesn’t abide by our/USA  version of ... racial identity? Bit arrogant to assume we know how all cultures should interact.

edit: that being said not sure they’re being rude intentionally. Could be, sure; but after all the spontaneous celebrations with Koreans today, I’m not making that my go to assumption. Could the Koreans be offended? Maybe, dunno, any reports or insta reaction photos from Korea?  Not USA Koreans so much tho

Edited by achooloco
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

12 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

Question #1) How many of Klinsmann's players from 2006 were still around on the team in 2014?

Question #2) And how many of Klinsmann's players from 2006 were on the Confederations Cup winning squad in 2017?

ANSWER to Question #1:  5 (Five) out of 23

-Bastian Schweinsteiger
-Miroslav Klose
-Lukas Podolski
-Philipp Lahm
-Per Mertesacker

Given 8 years, you don't think that Löw could have found 4 starters from Bayern Munich and another German who went on to play Champions League matches for Arsenal? (I can't tell if you're joking or not.)

not that it matters, because he is part of the problem.... Ozul emerged "out of nowhere" in the spring of '06

11 minutes ago, Hagbard Celine said:

not that it matters, because he is part of the problem.... Ozul emerged "out of nowhere" in the spring of '06

...and yet wasn't deemed good enough at 17 years-old by Klinsmann to make the 2006 roster? Nor to be looked at by Löw for 3 more years...

Mesut_Ozil_wiki.png

Go on, I'm waiting to learn why that matters. 🤹‍♂️

Edited by Napoleon

4 minutes ago, Hagbard Celine said:

i was wrong, i thought ozul played in 06

I didn't know, so I used the internet.

I believe that you were thinking that he and Khedira just burst on the scene for 2010. They, along with Boateng, were part of this new "multi-cultural Germany" that didn't all look like Schweinsteiger.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Napoleon said:

ANSWER to Question #1:  5 (Five) 4 (Four)* out of 23

-Bastian Schweinsteiger
-Miroslav Klose*
-Lukas Podolski
-Philipp Lahm
-Per Mertesacker

Given 8 years, you don't think that Löw could have found 3* starters from Bayern Munich and another German who went on to play Champions League matches for Arsenal? (I can't tell if you're joking or not.)

*Correction: Miroslav Klose predates Jurgen Klinsmann's era.

Can't you just shut the fuck up with this logical, well researched horseshit and let me fucking hate this man? 

They ended up dead fucking last in the group for fucks sake.  For my money, Low was there directing the planes when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor!  /bluto

Fuck him.  In my book he's a fucking fraud!  A fraud!  A phoney!  A sheep humping Aggy lover!  I hope someone breaks both his hands so he can't pick his own boogers and thus ends up drowning in them! 

Edited by SpiralOut
  • Like 1

I always get surprised in the US with the amount of support Germany gets here.  I don't know if people are just pulling for a front runner or due to German immigrants in central Texas.

Everywhere else I have been (besides Germany) - Nobody likes/roots for Germany unless it is for some sort of group stage result they want for their team or they are playing an eternal rival (i.e. Argentina rooting for Germany over Brazil)

Just like in American movies, they are always the bad guys in the story.

3 hours ago, Kringelbert Fishtybuns said:

I always get surprised in the US with the amount of support Germany gets here.  I don't know if people are just pulling for a front runner or due to German immigrants in central Texas.

Everywhere else I have been (besides Germany) - Nobody likes/roots for Germany unless it is for some sort of group stage result they want for their team or they are playing an eternal rival (i.e. Argentina rooting for Germany over Brazil)

Just like in American movies, they are always the bad guys in the story.

It’s because there’s a lot of people of German heritage. Same reason there’s a large amount of people in Texas that root for Mexico.

On 6/27/2018 at 1:03 PM, Napoleon said:

But... but... I watch a lot of EPL matches and... and... I always pull for the first place team. I mean, I watch all of their games.

And with Sergio Agüero, Gabriel Jesus, Kevin de Bruyne, David Silva, Raheem Sterling, Yaya Toure, Ilkay Gündogan, Fernandinho, Danilo, and Benjamin Mendy... Sané has shown flashes of excellence!

That's all I know, so it must be true that he should have been included!

Sane clearly no Muller, I guess.   and doesn't Germany have top end talent around, too?  

and listing Yaya Toure.  at least we know you don't watch City