wc day 15 :: waterloo

Hagbard Celine

6 minutes ago, gaspar said:

Hope the English lose to Colombia...the soccer gods were watching that half-assed effort.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Let's not act like Belgium was putting much effort out there either. That was one of the worst games to watch since Denmark-France.

England have the easier path, but this is England we are talking about. One only has to go back to Euro 2016 to see how that worked out for them. Columbia's strength may be dependent on James Rodriguez's health, but it would be very England-like for them to lose in the easier side of the bracket. 

Belgium should be OK....they get a definite tune up game against Japan and I think have an excellent shot to beat Brazil. Brazil would have much preferred to see England come through on that side. The other side of that bracket is pretty brutal....no one has an easy Round of 16 game unlike Brazil and Belgium and could be beat up by the time the semifinal comes round. My guess is the winner of Brazil-Belgium is your finalist. Not feeling France as their form has been subpar so far and in World cups, subpar play in group play usually doesn't translate to success in the knockout stage. 

Other side of the bracket is easier, but I think winner of Spain-Croatia is your other finalist. Sorry England.......

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, MoJames said:

Uru - Fra > Fra

Braz - Bel > Bel >> Bel

Spn - Den > Spn

Swe - Eng > Eng >> Eng >>> Bel

Won't happen but I wouldn't mind seeing this.

Por - Fra > Por

Braz - Bel > Braz >> Braz

Spn - Cro > Cro

Swe - Eng > Eng >> Cro >>> Braz

lulzy final four of Brazil, Portugal, Croatia, and England.  

1 hour ago, IPoopOnWhoop said:

Love the Germans carrying the champagne back to Germany 

And Son carrying the Mexican flag someone probably gave him.

Nice touches in that drawing, though I don't understand the significance of two Nigerian #6 jerseys draped over Moses' suitcase. ANYONE?

This last page is why I love you surly asstwats. You have me laughing and clients wonder why. 

Damn glad to be spending this cup talking shit with all of you. I was there on the site to be never mentioned 4 years ago (Thanks Ron for the neg rep) and happy to be here today. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cameltoe said:

Travel day. Get to the city you need to be at for the next game.

I just went past an empanada place tonight and I thought: "I wonder if they'll be showing the Argentina match Saturday morning."

Then I noticed the big screen TV inside. Then I noticed the long sky blue ribbon along their patio fence on the sidewalk that had a white stripe along the middle. Then I notice "Official 2018 FIFA World Cup Viewing Location" and I felt like "Fuck yeah! I've got a place to watch mí albiceleste querido go down in flames with other people screaming Hijo de Puto, La Puta que Me Parió, and Concha de tu Madre/Hermana/de la Lora!! as France picks the 30+ year-old starting lineup of Argentina to death with Youth, Pace, and Precision.

Needed a little break to find my (final) watching place.