wc day 15 :: waterloo

Hagbard Celine

Oh well.  Senegal wasn't exactly in a hurry to score before Japan scored either.  I hate the stalling tactics as well, but I'm not sure what Japan is supposed to do about it.  If their coach urged them to press and they gave up a goal, he'd be hung in the middle of Tokyo.

1 hour ago, Cameltoe said:

Senegal couldn't catch a break from the referees today, and the crowd in the stadium seemed about 80% Colombian yellow. Looked like freakin Bogota out there.

So CONMEBOL has established that they travel well, especially against African countries.

Argentina, Brazil, and Columbia all filled their stadiums for game 3.

Uruguay doesn't have enough people to travel well and I don't think you have the numbers with $$$$ for Peru to emulate ABC.

Everyone who is carrying a nick or on a yellow should sit. 

Otherwise, you play to win the game.  You don't play just to play it.  Turning off in the middle of a short tournament right before the knockout rounds seems like a dangerous thing - especially a team as mentally fragile as England.

That being said all defenders will have it beaten into their heads to avoid professional fouls.

I’m watching this at an all inclusive in Mexico.  It is full of English fans who want them to win.  They don’t seem to care about the future, although both teams seems to be only concerned with it.  I’m going back to the pool bar at halftime.

Edited by IPoopOnWhoop

2 hours ago, Cheeseweasel said:

"Those things are hard to manipulate."

-FIFA

Would never happen but I think fewest number of times your goalkeeper touched the ball (other than goal kicks) would be a great tiebreaker. It would also cut down on the number of times teams play the ball all the way backward to the keeper.

Although now that I think about it, that would just create a comical battle of long balls into the box at the end of matches.

Edited by Huckleberry
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, IPoopOnWhoop said:

I’m watching this at an all inclusive in Mexico.  It is full of English fans who want them to win.  They don’t seem to care about the future, although both teams seems to be only concerned with it.  I’m going back to the pool bar at halftime.

Look forward to your contributions to the "hot or not" thread