“Tell Me about” Threads

Capn81

They don’t bother me.

It gets the discussion going.

What fucking difference does it make, as long as the thread title is relevant?

Why does this bother so many people? It's a good theme. I have learned a lot from these threads about these schools. Especially from people on here who have attended and are alumni. 

Now if you were going to bitch about lame game day titles where you can't even tell who is playing, then I am fully on board.

• Like 1

Why does this bother so many people? It's a good theme. I have learned a lot from these threads about these schools. Especially from people on here who have attended and are alumni. 
Now if you were going to bitch about lame game day titles where you can't even tell who is playing, then I am fully on board.

For me, they are rarely about football. They may start off that way, but veer all over the place. I understand that there is no better place for them. Just use some Fucking creativity.

The threads and their titles are an idiosyncrasy of Surly (and the old site) that I find oddly enjoyable. I joked earlier this offseason that there will be a time when the football board has 50 threads on Page 1 and none of them will be about the University of Texas at Austin. It's getting much closer to reality than I ever thought.

• Like 1

On 6/28/2018 at 11:53 AM, slorch said:

They don’t bother me.

It gets the discussion going.

What fucking difference does it make, as long as the thread title is relevant?

Slorch is absolutely right. What’s wrong with them? I enjoy them because of all the knowledge that our fellow surly posters have about certain schools. Plus,  it’s a great way to get ready for football season .

On 6/28/2018 at 3:38 PM, Machinator said:

The threads and their titles are an idiosyncrasy of Surly (and the old site) that I find oddly enjoyable. I joked earlier this offseason that there will be a time when the football board has 50 threads on Page 1 and none of them will be about the University of Texas at Austin. It's getting much closer to reality than I ever thought.

@Machinator you were right! 

On 6/28/2018 at 3:38 PM, Machinator said:

Soon, we'll see tell me threads for not only D1 and Texas schools, but also D2 and D3 schools.

• 1 month later...