The Kerwin Roach thread

Goo Punch

2 minutes ago, jeevsie said:

Good luck to him.

Why did I always think a vertical meant standing vertical?  I've never seen that test.

Good luck?  Seriously?

I don’t absolve Shaka of the shit show .. far from it.  But, Roach had the talent (when his head was screwed on tight) to overcome some of the TEAM issues and still decided to be selfish and put his own stupid agenda ahead of all else. 

I couldn't care less if I ever see his name again .. unless it’s in the fine print on the sports page of the Vladivostok Times. 

• Fuck You 1

43 minutes ago, VirginiaLonghorn said:

Good luck?  Seriously?

I don’t absolve Shaka of the shit show .. far from it.  But, Roach had the talent (when his head was screwed on tight) to overcome some of the TEAM issues and still decided to be selfish and put his own stupid agenda ahead of all else. 

I couldn't care less if I ever see his name again .. unless it’s in the fine print on the sports page of the Vladivostok Times. 

A Longhorn doing well in the NBA is a good thing for Texas. I'm not emotionally invested in him like I would be for a PJ Tucker or an Isaiah Taylor, but I hope he does well. If he doesn't, shrug. God knows we have a knack for putting players in the league whether we win 10 games or 25.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, jeevsie said:

I know.  How weird that I would wish someone well in their life.  To overcome any obstacles that have so far prevented him from reaching his full potential.

I shoulda shit on him.  My bad.

No .. apparently, my bad for caring less about his professional opportunities than the way he screwed over his TEXAS coaches and teammates by being a selfish and immature twit. 

are we talking about J'Covan Brown? Or maybe Myck Kabongo? Sheldon McClellan, Jaylen Bond, Julien Lewis, et al? because last time i checked on Kerwin Roach he was leading his team to the NIT title, not selfishly boning his own teammates and coaches. 

Edited by Goo Punch

No, we are talking about Roach, whose love of smoking roaches (or whatever he was susoended for) probably cost us a NCAA bid. A single extra win would have gotten us there and his suspension killed us.

Best of luck to him, but good riddance knucklehead.

38 minutes ago, Catdaddyhorn said:

Who else qualifies as knucklehead? Tevin Mack? 

just referring to our overall play over the years under Shaka. the poor shot selection, stupid turnovers, the patented late game fade-away 30-footer when the game is on the line, etc.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 6/26/2019 at 11:54 PM, Catdaddyhorn said:

Who else qualifies as knucklehead? Tevin Mack? 

That dude that shit the bed here, with FG%, 3PFG%, TO's, started sitting because of said shitting of bed, and then went to Miami and didn't shit the bed so he got to play.  That guy to me was the essence of either shaving points or just not giving a shit about his play here.(at Texas)

Watching the team play vs Radford, till the last minute when the turned it up a notch only to still lose, also clearly epitomizes that not caring about shitting the bed with poor effort, essence of shaving points look, that seems to happen during Texas Basketball seasons lately.

Contrast that with their mostly effort filled play during the NIT when it looked like a completely different team than the Radford type efforts that were put forth with too much regularity in the regular season.(interspersed with decent efforts)

I have no basis for these observations except for just watching and observing over the past few decades and noticing when that essence seems to be appearing inexplicably.  Maybe the NIT play will signal a new effort filled team play?

1 hour ago, zork said:

That dude that shit the bed here, with FG%, 3PFG%, TO's, started sitting because of said shitting of bed, and then went to Miami and didn't shit the bed so he got to play.  That guy to me was the essence of either shaving points or just not giving a shit about his play here.(at Texas)

Watching the team play vs Radford, till the last minute when the turned it up a notch only to still lose, also clearly epitomizes that not caring about shitting the bed with poor effort, essence of shaving points look, that seems to happen during Texas Basketball seasons lately.

Contrast that with their mostly effort filled play during the NIT when it looked like a completely different team than the Radford type efforts that were put forth with too much regularity in the regular season.(interspersed with decent efforts)

I have no basis for these observations except for just watching and observing over the past few decades and noticing when that essence seems to be appearing inexplicably.  Maybe the NIT play will signal a new effort filled team play?

Sheldon Mcclellan 

• 2 weeks later...
58 minutes ago, Braff Zacklin said:

Don't think it's inconceivable that Snoop finds his way back Stateside and to the NBA. Improbable, perhaps, but not inconceivable. The potential has always been there.

Good luck in Hungary. Looking forward to some posterizing highlights from the Twitterverse.

agreed. Good luck Snoop.

2 hours ago, Braff Zacklin said:

Don't think it's inconceivable that Snoop finds his way back Stateside and to the NBA. Improbable, perhaps, but not inconceivable. The potential has always been there.

Good luck in Hungary. Looking forward to some posterizing highlights from the Twitterverse.

i'd be pretty damn surprised if he ever signed a contract longer than 10 days, but the athleticism and potential to be a 3 and D player in today's league certainly gives him a shot, however long it may be. 

• 2 years later...