New Red Dead Placeholder thread

Baboontyme

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/23/2019 at 8:51 PM, RexWilson said:

How long does it take to do the epilogue missions (or how many missions compared to main story: 1 chapter, 2)? I don't want to burn through them. I want to explore the new parts of the map?

Epilogue part 1 - 10 missions

Epilogue part 2 - 11 missions

https://socialclub.rockstargames.com/games/rdr2/story

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I just finished this game yesterday and holy shit...I definitely think it's in my top five. I couldn't help getting spoiled beforehand so I already knew Arthur's fate, who died, who the rat was, etc but wow it was amazing anyway. The last mission of Epilogue 2 was just epic. I don't think I have the heart to play it again anytime soon just because of what eventually happens to the gang.

I'm jealous that my wife is only in Chapter 2 and has no idea what's coming, also she's never played RDR1 so she'll have a totally different experience than me.

Also, the music was fantastic, especially the songs by D'Angelo and Willie Nelson and how they were used. This game is going to stay with me for a long time.

Enviado desde mi SM-G950U mediante Tapatalk

I’ve taken an extended break from it, but I’ve spent hours just hunting shit for different outfits and what not. There’s just so much to do. And the dialogue. I didn’t pay as much attention when I played the first RDR when I was younger, but the dialogue in this game is so well done. Especially around camp.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Yesterday I just sat there on my horse on top off that narrow passage west of Valentine and picked off a camp of odriscols with my Springfield.

Then i stacked up their bodies in a pile as a warning not to enter my passage of death.

People did anyway, got killt, and added to the pile.

That helped me pass a few hours...

• Like 2

Tried playing Assassins creed odyssey after this and it just doesnt hold my interest.
What i can kill a big game elk from 1000 yards with one shit fuck arrow made of balsa wood?  Even then all i get is a pelt. No heart, horns, or anything else to craft a sweet head dress out of.
I picked up AC Odyssey right after finishing RDR2 and it's way too grindy for me. I'm only level 20 and have put a ton of hours into it and have barely touched the story, not to mention the DLC. It's basically neverending so I don't know how much I want to actually finish it.

18 hours ago, Jersey Man10 said:

I tried reading your comment for the past 3 minutes and I'm still not sure what you are trying to say.

I Was 3 beers and 3 shots in when I typed that bit of poetry. 

That being said, I agree with phil. Probably just throw RDR2 back in until the next big thing comes along. 

On 5/22/2019 at 10:10 PM, youdunnf'dup said:

I’ve taken an extended break from it, but I’ve spent hours just hunting shit for different outfits and what not. There’s just so much to do. And the dialogue. I didn’t pay as much attention when I played the first RDR when I was younger, but the dialogue in this game is so well done. Especially around camp.

this is the type of shit I’m talking about when I say random dialogue throughout camp. But this isn’t even their camp. This type of detailed dialogue in a random Lemoyne raiders camp is just crazy to me. 

Edited by youdunnf'dup

On my second play through, trying to defeat challenges and unlock trapper equipment.  Just so much stuff to do.  Just found a Viking burial site near Annesburg (and a Viking hatched and helmet). 45 of 90 challenges unlocked, but still in the early phases of chapter 3 (hanging out near Rhodes).  Took out a Lemoyne Raider camp with incendiary shotgun shells to beat a challenge - holy shit.

• 4 weeks later...

Went back to this to go Gardner Barnes/Blood Meridian on some separatist asses.  Explosive shotgun rounds are fun.  Made a Bob by going dead eye with the semi auto shotgun and hit both shoulders and both knees.  His just-a-torso death rattle kinda got to me. 

I've had a problem with my weapons un-equipping each time I dismount the horse.  Anybody experienced this or know of a remedy?  Trying to complete the 5 cougars with a bow challenge while doubling up on the two perfect cougar pelts and I can be carrying the bow in my hand but when I dismount it's back on the horse.  Kind of a deal breaker, especially when the horse hears the cougar and bucks me off and I'm left holding nothing but pistols.  

All of the patches and updates have been for online play while single player glitches are just left to rot.  

Also can't get past the five finger filet challenge.  I just absolutely suck at it.  

1 hour ago, Chooky said:

Went back to this to go Gardner Barnes/Blood Meridian on some separatist asses.  Explosive shotgun rounds are fun.  Made a Bob by going dead eye with the semi auto shotgun and hit both shoulders and both knees.  His just-a-torso death rattle kinda got to me. 

I've had a problem with my weapons un-equipping each time I dismount the horse.  Anybody experienced this or know of a remedy?  Trying to complete the 5 cougars with a bow challenge while doubling up on the two perfect cougar pelts and I can be carrying the bow in my hand but when I dismount it's back on the horse.  Kind of a deal breaker, especially when the horse hears the cougar and bucks me off and I'm left holding nothing but pistols.  

All of the patches and updates have been for online play while single player glitches are just left to rot.  

Also can't get past the five finger filet challenge.  I just absolutely suck at it.  

the weapons unequipping at dismount is a pain in the ass. restarting my ps4 was the only “fix” i could come up with. poison arrows make quick work of the cougars. 

as for fff,  if the two buttons are x and triangle for example, put your index finger on x and middle finger on triangle and just alternate presses as fast as you can. kinda like tapping a desk. it helps to not even look at the screen.

i tried online play and kept getting sniped while on free roam. quit after about 10 mins and never tried again. 

• Like 1

That worked on the weapons unequipping, joe dirt.  Thanks.  I know why you put fix in quotes because it only lasted for about two hours of gameplay and started glitching again.  But that's seriously the only advice out on the entire webs.  I think it's the only thing you can do.  Wonder why they don't patch that.

• 2 weeks later...

Lolwut? If you pay off your bounties you wont have bounty hunters to gleefully murder.

Have you gutted any elderly with a Bowie knife while they were napping on their porch? 

I think wearing the psycho mask while bathing in the blood of innocents helps as well.

Edited by MissingInAction
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Gardner Barnes said:

I don’t even know if I could trust a man that tried to max out positive honor in this game.

My first play through I maxed out the positive honor because they kept saying you get crazy discounts at all the stores, and all that shit. Little did I know, money isn’t an issue the deeper you get into the game. 2nd play through was a lot more fun lol

Lolwut? If you pay off your bounties you wont have bounty hunters to gleefully murder.
Have you gutted any elderly with a Bowie knife while they were napping on their porch? 
I think wearing the psycho mask while bathing in the blood of innocents helps as well.
Good point, I'm just trying to collect all the perfect hides and carcasses for the upgrades and side stuff and the bounty hunters always shoot them up. Will go full on psychopath when I'm done with that

My first play through I maxed out the positive honor because they kept saying you get crazy discounts at all the stores, and all that shit. Little did I know, money isn’t an issue the deeper you get into the game. 2nd play through was a lot more fun lol
You get a few outfits that unlock too but I think that's it. Does maxing out negative honor unlock anything?

What's irritating is that you can't hunt some of the legendary animals (or even some of the non legendary animals) as Arthur (because they are in New Austin).  Still slowly working through my second playthrough, trying to do all of the things.  Man there's a shit ton of stuff.  I was trying to hunt an elk or something up in the mountains above.... Emerald Station and saw an x on the map, up a mountain.  It took several tries of hiking, falling down cliffs, running back up, finding the path, climbing up, I got there and.... there's a woman's face carved into the mountain (Mount Rushmore style), and the sculptor had hung himself from the scaffolding.  Shot down his body, there was a note.  Talking about how he was a fool, the woman had cheated on him with that horrible painter.  Hahahahahaha.

Also if you go a bit further northeast and some coot comes out of a cabin shouting at you and wielding a shotgun, shoot that motherfucker.

Fucking moose.  Getting a moose hide, or the bull moose for the camp upgrade.  Goddamn.

• 5 weeks later...

On 8/5/2019 at 4:37 PM, Chooky said:

Yeah the single player bugs are frustrating. I took like a 6 month break from this game and nothing seems to have been fixed.

Necro reply but will just put it out there for the thread - equipping one weapon at a time seems to help with the un-equipping bug. Not sure if it's a fluke or an actual work-around. It still happens to me, but seems to happen less.

I'm having issues with masks in the epilogue. I can only equip them directly from a fence store menu, and they're not appearing on my horse. I could have sworn that in the main story, all 4 of my owned masks were on my horse and I could cycle through them.

I also ran into a really annoying glitch that prevented beard growth. I wanted to grow a full beard with Arthur before I finished the story, and holy hell did it turn out to be a confusing, complicated endeavor. There is so much misinformation and confusion about hair growth online (like people thinking longer lengths were locked behind chapters) and I think it was mostly because of an undiscovered bug. 

Basically, my beard length was stuck at level 7 and I wasted hours of play time and hundreds of dollars on hair tonics trying to grow my beard past lvl 7.  I found a YT video that recommended clearing the game cache, and that did the trick. 20-30 minutes later I had my full beard. There should be a fucking trophy for getting a lvl 10 beard. It's been the most difficult challenge to date.

BTW, max beard growth requires a lot of in-game days to pass. The quickest way to pass time is to shoot the fence owner in Van Horn and then exploit the "Wait till morning" option outside the store. It's the perfect place to do this because no one will alert the law. When he re-spawns, just walk in and shoot him again. Also don't forget to have a hair tonic active (I think you only need to drink 1 tonic to get past length 7. Once your beard reaches a new length, the tonic wears off.)

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I don’t know where I randomly heard this song, but it made me go back and YouTube this shit from the first RDR. It seems so simple now, but at the time (and because of where you’re at in the story), it was pretty fucking epic. 

Also, when the details of this game where first announced, I assumed it would be similar to GTA V and you would get to play as a few different characters throughout the game. When I heard you wouldn’t have the option of playing with Marsten, I thought it was one of the dumbest ideas rockstar ever had. I was wrong. Arthur is a better character. 

Edited by youdunnf'dup

7 hours ago, youdunnf'dup said:

I don’t know where I randomly heard this song, but it made me go back and YouTube this shit from the first RDR. It seems so simple now, but at the time (and because of where you’re at in the story), it was pretty fucking epic. 

Also, when the details of this game where first announced, I assumed it would be similar to GTA V and you would get to play as a few different characters throughout the game. When I heard you wouldn’t have the option of playing with Marsten, I thought it was one of the dumbest ideas rockstar ever had. I was wrong. Arthur is a better character. 

Yeah the moment in RDR that was like that for me was when Mexico opened up. Good ole PS3.

While my cheap ass is waiting for the RDR2 crack I been playing Call of Juarez on the PC. Maybe I should go play some RDR on my PS3 lol.

19 minutes ago, Zavala said:

Yeah the moment in RDR that was like that for me was when Mexico opened up. Good ole PS3.

While my cheap ass is waiting for the RDR2 crack I been playing Call of Juarez on the PC. Maybe I should go play some RDR on my PS3 lol.

Not sure if you watched my video, but we posted the same video lol. But i agree. That spot was universally regarded as one of the cooler moments in the game because of how unexpected it was. 

4 minutes ago, youdunnf'dup said:

Not sure if you watched my video, but we posted the same video lol. But i agree. That spot was universally regarded as one of the cooler moments in the game because of how unexpected it was. 

Oh lol I thought u posted from rdr2