Ozark- Netflix

Sbbruin

I said on the other site that my wife’s cousin plays Snell. Y’all have probably seen him in a ton of other shit too (Trainspotting, Children of Men, War Horse, Braveheart). Anyway we tried to meet up with him in ATL in March but they were filming all night. One of the local cousins said they had to build a replica of the house they used for Snells in S1 because the owners were so offended by the drugs in the show. csb 

1 hour ago, Kennythetiger said:

I also thought it was pretty good.  The chick with the curly hair will get on your nerves really quickly, but the season ending is really, really good.

the chick with the curly hair is the best character on the show, which itself starts hot and then gets lame. way too many plot holes, way too much that doesn't add up. the shaggy thread on this show reflects this. also the lighting- jesus, such a beating to watch.

I said on the other site that my wife’s cousin plays Snell. Y’all have probably seen him in a ton of other shit too (Trainspotting, Children of Men, War Horse, Braveheart). Anyway we tried to meet up with him in ATL in March but they were filming all night. One of the local cousins said they had to build a replica of the house they used for Snells in S1 because the owners were so offended by the drugs in the show. csb 

That same dude is on Westworld

• 1 month later...

I know this is silly question, but when it said, "Coming, August" .....that means 2018, right?  As in...next month?  But no specific date?  Most Netflix series drop on Tuesday or Friday, like movies do.  But I would think so close to release, they could just go ahead and tell us the actual date.  I know they'll want to bleed that into a second teaser that we keep coming back to, but anybody know from other website sleuthing---the actual drop date of the episode haul?  

Got it.  Did not see that on the trailer.  At the 0:54 marker on the trailer, it merely says "This August"...nothing about the 31st.  

Should make for fun watching on the way to my meeting with my banking regulators.  given the theme.

I have 2 more episodes of Season 1 to get through.  Ep 8 where they flash back to what led up to all this makes me think Wendy is a bigger cunt than I originally thought.  She knew what Marty was getting into and encouraged it.  Then when it blows up, she's all incredulous.  Bitch.

Edited by Sbbruin

I thought it was ok-to-good. It reminds me a lot of Bloodline in that it was a good idea for one season of TV, but I question how they'll stretch things out over multiple seasons. And much like Bloodline, I worry that season two will be boring and I'll bail on it midway through the season.

I thought it was ok-to-good. It reminds me a lot of Bloodline in that it was a good idea for one season of TV, but I question how they'll stretch things out over multiple seasons. And much like Bloodline, I worry that season two will be boring and I'll bail on it midway through the season.

I kind of agree. The good thing about Netflix/Amazon shows is they drop all at once, so you can get quick reviews of the entire season before deciding to start the first episode. That’s better than Westworld or True Detective that string you along before you finally realize it isn’t improving.

And I powered through all 3 seasons of Bloodline but I complained loudly.

3 hours ago, irishtexan said:

I thought it was ok-to-good. It reminds me a lot of Bloodline a bunch of other shows in that it was a good idea for one season of TV, but I question how they'll stretch things out over multiple seasons (i assume thru constant flashbacks and telling the story out of order to make regular stuff seem like twists). And much like Bloodline a bunch of other shows, I worry that season two will be boring and I'll bail on it midway through the season.

handmaid's tale, westworld, 13 reasons why, goliath.

the list for subpar season 2's is growing...

I knew Bloodline had nowhere to go after season 1. Glad i bailed.

I’m just now starting Goliath. Just one episode in.

Ozark was fine and it will tide me over until other good shows return. When considered in that light i don’t mind the risk of a letdown in season 2.

10 hours ago, DDD Dad said:

I knew Bloodline had nowhere to go after season 1. Glad i bailed.

I’m just now starting Goliath. Just one episode in.

Ozark was fine and it will tide me over until other good shows return. When considered in that light i don’t mind the risk of a letdown in season 2.

I thought Bloodline season 2 was better than season 1, season 3 went off the rails and was disappointing.

Goliath season 1 is very good. Mixed reviews on season 2, but I enjoyed it more than others.

I liked Ozark. Was good, not great. 

• 3 weeks later...

99% sure it’s been 31 August since announced.  But season 2 talk did kinda come outta nowhere.  One little teaser and some casting chatter and most conventional wisdom thinking well into Autumn for a release.  Then just like that, Labor Day weekend.  It sticks in my head because my tech dumbass still doesn’t know how to queue up a few episodes on my laptop for air travel to Maryland game that weekend.  

On 7/31/2018 at 9:22 AM, lateshow said:

I thought Bloodline season 2 was better than season 1, season 3 went off the rails and was disappointing.

Goliath season 1 is very good. Mixed reviews on season 2, but I enjoyed it more than others.

I liked Ozark. Was good, not great. 

Season 2 of bloodline was fine but went way off the rails after that.

Ozark has more potential and story options just not sure where it will go. Looking forward to it.

18 hours ago, Patricio Swayze said:

No. The version in the trailer for the second season that was posted up thread.

Might be Ryan Bingham ("The Weary Kind" from Crazy Heart).  He's covered it before.  Doesn't sound EXACTLY like him, but it's in the same vein.

If one of the two dark haired brothers comes back as an adult working for the rednecks or the cartel, I'm gonna lose my shit.  In a good way. Wasn't the dad a pilot, he could help run some product?  

On 6/29/2018 at 7:12 PM, Goo Punch said:

the chick with the curly hair is the best character on the show, which itself starts hot and then gets lame. way too many plot holes, way too much that doesn't add up. the shaggy thread on this show reflects this. also the lighting- jesus, such a beating to watch.

On 7/30/2018 at 3:37 PM, Goo Punch said:

going on record (again) that i hate the lighting of his show. the sun apparently doesn't exist in the ozarks. same with light bulbs.

14 hours ago, Goo Punch said:

the show is too dark, aesthetically. it beats you over the head with how dark everything is.

Are you just going to keep posting this until someone either agrees with you or acknowledges your opinion?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1