Ozark- Netflix

Sbbruin

Finished it and safe to enter here now. 

Lots I didn't like in this last part. Definitely some stressful moments and parts where Byrdes pulled shit out of their ass and somehow kept things going. 

Ruth getting offed is bs. She should be the one "success" story out of all the locals that got killed.
Plus the whole scene was stupid - WTF would Ruth walk up to a black cadillac (cartel obviously) parked at her house all stupid saying "Um Hello?" Wuuuuutt, really?! Lol that pisses me off the most.  And Camila is hanging out in the wooded area? Lol wut. 

Mel thing was a good final addition...Jonah always was down to kill things. 

• Hook 'Em 3

I did always enjoy the way the show deployed music. Even though it was a pointless scene, the way they used “Bring It on Home” for the crash was great. And “New King of the Mountain” by Romany Rye at the end of season 3 was great too.

• Hook 'Em 2

I pretty much just watched to see how it ended.   

I was thinking about what the outcome would have been had Jonah pointed the gun at Wendy instead.  Perhaps this was the intention of the last scene but given the fact that I have watched Ozark, I don't think that was their idea.

I have 2 episodes left and that bitch Wendy is still alive. Wtf?  Why?  

shes also started doing some bullshit “I know I’m hard to love” sympathy act. I laughed when Marty didn’t vigorously disagree 

Edited by UT_OB1

Holy shit, what a terrible way to end it. The only thing this show accomplished was making Wendy the dumbest bitch in the history of dumb bitches. Literally can't help but to blow everything up just out of spite even though it fucks her every time. 

I need a count on how many times she said "we're so close" 

I do remember that it was a good show at one point, but that last season was Dexter bad. 

I have 2 episodes left and that bitch Wendy is still alive. Wtf?  Why?  

shes also started doing some bullshit “I know I’m hard to love” sympathy act. I laughed when Marty didn’t vigorously disagree 

For whatever reason, the show runners seem to think Wendy is likable and has people rooting for her.

Talk about no one getting their just deserves. For every character, it ended the exact opposite of how it should have.

For whatever reason, the show runners seem to think Wendy is likable and has people rooting for her.

Talk about no one getting their just deserves. For every character, it ended the exact opposite of how it should have.

They are so fucking out of touch. They seem intent on using g the show as an allegory of how America is all about bad people getting power and becoming the elite.

I’m surprised they didn’t project into the future like Hy and us see Wendy winning her Senate race and becoming an ambassador to Mars, getting an invite to Davos, and being handed her Illuminati card, while being adored worldwide like Beyoncé.

Terrible show. Just fucking waste of 44 hours.

All I wanted was to see ruth blow a hole through Wendy mouth as she talked then fade to black. Had they done that, it would have been the greatest ending to a series of all time. Ruth is standing there as Camilla says Wendy told her she killed her son and as Wendy laughs and opens her mouth ruth just pulls out a gun blowing her head off. Fade to black. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, Texzilla58 said:

They are so fucking out of touch. They seem intent on using g the show as an allegory of how America is all about bad people getting power and becoming the elite.

I’m surprised they didn’t project into the future like Hy and us see Wendy winning her Senate race and becoming an ambassador to Mars, getting an invite to Davos, and being handed her Illuminati card, while being adored worldwide like Beyoncé.

Terrible show. Just fucking waste of 44 hours.

We’ve found the guy who thinks Clay Travis is a badass.  Sad!

21 hours ago, CooterBrown said:

She pays people off, ruins peoples lives, and kills innocent people. But hey, did you see how upset she was at the thought of voter right violations?  She crusaded against that…until it served her better to agree to let the rigged machines in. But that was only temporary. In the end she got him back by kicking him off the board.  She really does care about all the little people having a voice.  Misunderstood anti hero!

Edited by UT_OB1
  • Hook 'Em 2

Was that the series finale ??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That was the end. Kaput. Finis.

I watched to the end hoping Wendy would be drawn and quartered in front of her family by the good people of the Ozarks, or capped by the cartel, or Tommy’d by KC mob, or cancelled by the Daley/Obama machine, or simply garroted by Ruth.

Some of the boards hail Wendy as the greatest bestest character and model for women ever on TV. “She protected her family!”

I don't think showrunners keep shit characters in because they think people like her.  They want to have a bad guy...and troll us. 

Seen some who is the bigger bitch polls on Wendy vs Skylar from Breaking Bad. Holy shit...tough decision 

5 minutes ago, Mantis Toboggan, MD said:

I really liked the show and fucking hated the finish. Are we supposed to be happy the only redeemable character gets offed and a bunch of asshole degenerates live? At least kill Wendy the cunt off. I could have lived with anything if they did that.

A great ending would have included Wendy getting killed and Marty becoming an indentured servant to the cartel

FIFY

I’d have rather seen Ruth with Rachel than Charlotte, who deserved a life dancing on a pole at one of Ruth’s clubs she took over.

We can only hope that the son turned the gun on Wendy instead of Mel, and blew her head off. Then Marty. Then sis and Mel then himself. Ruth not winning just killed the whole show. Fuck these writers and Bateman.

On 5/7/2022 at 3:34 PM, utxmike05 said:

I don't think showrunners keep shit characters in because they think people like her.  They want to have a bad guy...and troll us. 

Seen some who is the bigger bitch polls on Wendy vs Skylar from Breaking Bad. Holy shit...tough decision 

Wendy would win that and it wouldn't be remotely close.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

There were so many plot holes in the last few episodes I had to stop counting. Garbage. Still not as infuriating as the last episode of GoT however. That was the worst in history. 

It’s the absolute worst ending ever. GOT that is.

GoT started going downhill in S5, and seasons 6 and 7 were really up and down featuring some of both the best and worst episodes of the series. then S8 came, and pretty much all of it was a total letdown from the opening scene, but my god, that final episode- it's like the 2006 Rose Bowl of godawful series finales. i truly cannot fathom it ever being "topped", so to speak. the universal hatred for that ending is both deserved and unparalleled. amazingly bad finale.

• Like 1

Marry, date, screw: Wendy, Skylar, Carroll Baskins?
GO.

I’d marry Skylar as I don’t think she’d kill me. Date and screw Wendy. Leaving Carroll out as she’s real.

If you play marry, fuck, kill it would be Marty Skylar, fuck Carroll, kill Wendy

They should have had the cartel catch up to Wendy and Marty and kill them in some terrible way. The kids barely escape and either we don’t know what happens to them or they end up with Ruth. It’s completely ridiculous to think they were so high profile and outwitted the cartel.

I did like how quickly Clare gave up Ruth. That seemed realistic.

They should have had the cartel catch up to Wendy and Marty and kill them in some terrible way. The kids barely escape and either we don’t know what happens to them or they end up with Ruth. It’s completely ridiculous to think they were so high profile and outwitted the cartel.

I did like how quickly Clare gave up Ruth. That seemed realistic.

Ruth is the only one who should have lived. She should have shot Javi then Wendy in Chicago. Marty would have killed by the cartel as he wasn’t needed by them or FBI. The kids could have worked for Ruth or died. Clare should have been arrested or killed. Carmila should have been shot at the trailer by Rachel, and she and Ruth could have been a lesbian couple running a huge farm from their lake house, or aligned with the kid from the KC move.

On 5/7/2022 at 2:34 PM, utxmike05 said:

Very much this.  Wendy was always supposed to be hated.  Skylar White and Carmella Soprano were purposely written to be annoying as fuck and the shows were better for it.  You can’t make all the bad guys likeable. Still didn’t like the ending. Not bothered that Ruth died, would have liked to have seen the Byrds go down in flames.   I wanted the ending to be uncomfortable for the viewer with even the likeable characters going down. 

Marty and Wendy both get life sentences, both kids to foster care and broke and alone.  I wanted just a complete gut punch of a consequence for years of dragging everyone around them down and something they have to contemplate forever.   But no, the writers took the easy way out.  

• Hook 'Em 1

I bet there will be a spin-off with Jonah in a few years.  He was coming into his own as an actor this last season, not the character itself, but his tone of voice, mannerisms, etc...  He’ll make a good main character in his own story as a young adult Jonah back in Chicago.  

A very meh ending. Felt like just another episode.

I came up with a better ending in about 2 mins:

Byrdes arrange for Navarro to be transferred and killed (just as it happens on the show). They also call Navarro's hitman from Chicago and arrange for Camila to be killed. Both events happen on the same night. 

The cartel is now leaderless. Marty goes to Mexico and meets with all of the lieutenants. He tells them that Navarro and Camila arranged for each other's killings  (true). Marty offers to take over the cartel. Why should the lieutenants go along with this? Marty says he will streamline production and distribution. He will double the lieutenants earnings in the next few months. He also tells them he has influence with the U.S. government and will use that to ensure that only planned cash seizures will happen, so the supply of drugs continues uninterrupted. If they go with him, he'll double their money and have a smooth flow of drugs in the U.S.

The FBI is happy, as they get to continue seizing cash. 

Wendy continues to head the foundation. They open a foundation office in Mexico. Marty is the leader of the cartel and has the head job at the foundation office in Mexico, which provides a good cover story. Now they have a huge infusion of cash and power and get to influence politics in the U.S. and Mexico. 

Just finished it.

The writing on the show was never great, but it definitely lost whatever cohesion it once had.  The whole thing feels like they went into it with a very clear idea of where it was going for about two seasons, then they were winging it.

I think part of the problem is that in S4 we lose all the good villlains.  Darlene and Javi get killed off and Navarro is neutered by being in prison.  Enter Camila, who is spooky and necessary, but I didn't really care until she shot Ruth, then it was over.  

I already listed the myriad problems I saw with the writing in the first half of S4.  All I can say for the second half is that at least they didn't make as many glaring mistakes, but they also didn't serve up many memorable scenes.  And I don't think I'll ever feel compelled to give the series a second viewing.

It was almost a really good show.  A warning track flyball, at best.

Edited by TexArcher

Meh. About what I expected from the show, though not exactly what I expected from the story. 

Midway through this last batch of episodes, I began to wonder if Wendy was somehow in cahoots with Camila and they were both going to get rid of their husbands and run things themselves. 

I think that the main characters covered about 500 miles running all over the place in each of the last couple of days, but that's pretty far down the overall list of credibility issues. 

On 5/6/2022 at 8:34 AM, Al_4_ISU said:

I did always enjoy the way the show deployed music. Even though it was a pointless scene, the way they used “Bring It on Home” for the crash was great. And “New King of the Mountain” by Romany Rye at the end of season 3 was great too.

Of course you know Romany Rye! They played one of his solo songs in the same episode too. I guess they have at least 3 fans. 

1 hour ago, Prepuce of Doom said:

I think that the main characters covered about 500 miles running all over the place in each of the last couple of days, but that's pretty far down the overall list of credibility issues. 

I also had an issue with them making numerous day-trips from Lake of the Ozarks to Chicago, which according to the Googles is 450 miles.

• Haha 1

I enjoy most shows that don't have a happy ending. As such I was satisfied with this one. 

Main complaint is that Ruth should have immediately run to the woods as soon as she saw the SUV.  Then they could have had Camila waiting for her there.