Ozark- Netflix

Sbbruin

• 2 weeks later...

Rewatched Season 3 over holiday break.  Ben the brother was excellent in his part, and frustrated me.  Great acting.

Weird how much detail you forget waiting forever on a show you binged long time ago.   So many gah damn shows to remember.  

I still never understood how the Birds never had some kind of hired muscle rolling around with them.  Marty isn't much of a "i will fuck you up to protect my family" dad.  I get they probably want to maintain a low key normal family look.  But it doesn't have to be some 7foot tall 300 lb guy dressed in black, find security that can blend in with the family.  Marty's mouth and negotiating gets him out of everything...

5 hours ago, utxmike05 said:

Rewatched Season 3 over holiday break.  Ben the brother was excellent in his part, and frustrated me.  Great acting.

Is there like a 20 mins recap somewhere?  It's been so long, I think I've probably forgotten half the storyline.

Just now, David Dennison said:

I at least felt sorry for Skyler. Wendy just sucks.

Agree. Skyler really wanted no part of that lifestyle, but tried to make the best of it the way she thought best. Wendy acted like she didn’t want to part of it, but then not only embraced it, actively sought to bite off way more than she could chew. Her ambition is completely misguided. 

Can I borrow somebody's login to binge this show over the weekend?  One of wife's resolutions was no frivolous spending.  She doesn't know I've been a closet fan of this show for years and I no longer have a burner credit card because Marty's BIL couldn't keep his mouth shut.  

On 1/21/2022 at 10:20 AM, utxmike05 said:

Weird how much detail you forget waiting forever on a show you binged long time ago.   So many gah damn shows to remember.  

I still never understood how the Birds never had some kind of hired muscle rolling around with them.  Marty isn't much of a "i will fuck you up to protect my family" dad.  I get they probably want to maintain a low key normal family look.  But it doesn't have to be some 7foot tall 300 lb guy dressed in black, find security that can blend in with the family.  Marty's mouth and negotiating gets him out of everything...

Marty stays so calm in pretty much any situation- and now we’re seeing this trait come to life in Jonah.  

22 hours ago, veritas aequitas said:

If Walter White was married to Wendy they would have taken over the world. Wendy is a straight up sociopath gangsta. Skyler was just a stupid nasty skank.

Wendy is unstable and erratic. She’d have gotten Walt caught very quickly. Now, if Walt had Ruth instead of Jesse, that’d be a different story.

I love how Marty has a deadpan reaction to pretty much every situation and conversation regardless of what is happening. It’s like watching Michael Bluth break bad.

The PI is a horrible character and I hate whenever he’s on-screen. Surprised he hasn’t gotten offed yet.

• Hook 'Em 1

I wish I lived in the Ozark universe. Every time a character talks with with someone, they tell them key information, even if it's not in their best interest. 

Everyone seems to dislike the PI but they keep talking to him. There's no reason to talk to him.

This conversation is a perfect example: 

Spoiler

in episode 7, Javi is reviewing the financials for Shaw. He sees they made production and didn't need his heroin. He calls up Shaw's CEO.

(from memory):

Javi - you made your numbers. Congratulations. Where did you get your supply?

Shaw CEO - from the Byrds. They supplied it.

Why would the Shaw CEO tell a supplier, who is not supplying Shaw on purpose and is a dangerous drug cartel leader, where they were getting another source of the product? That makes no sense. 

How the conversation would have gone in real life:

Javi - you made your numbers. Congratulations. Where did you get your supply?

Shaw CEO - Fuck you. You cut off our supply. *Click*

• Like 1

I'll stick it though at this point, but man it's just annoying. They all suck. The boy is so passive aggressive and is now actively trying to get his parents killed, the same way the brother seemed intent on having his sister's family killed off by the fucking cartel. If he's really that upset and that smart, just fucking leave. Marty's attitude is consistently stupid. There is zero chance he would successfully skate by all these years with his shitty attitude. If you really feel forced into it, at least do it well, like Wendy is trying to do. And who is propping up the old Snell bitch? The sheriff? What fucking power does he have compared to the fucking Mexican cartel? Just shoot her in the face already.

Edit: I'm only one episode in and I'm pretty sure nothing here is spoiler material.

Spoiler

The guy shooting the sheriff proves the point. Just kill the bitch already, seriously.

Edited by 'stache
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

Show has lost its edge. It still has some entertaining moments but glad this is the last season. So many shows always seem to tail off towards the end or even worse. It would be better if they just planned it out to be 3 or 4 seasons from the start.

I’m fine with a lot of these being one season miniseries and done. Most shows aren’t strong enough to survive multi seasons with numerous writers and different show runners. The product weakens the longer it goes.

5 hours ago, cdain3 said:

I'm not sure what you guy we're expecting. The show was somewhat unrealistic(like breaking bad)from the beginning. I still love it though.

this show is nothing like breaking bad. the premise of breaking bad is unrealistic, but the show runners went to painstaking lengths to make the actual show as realistic as possible. Ozark, on the other hand, does shit like employ an actual FBI operation where the entire plan is have one of their agents just plop down into the Oazarks and immediately seduce a gay hillbilly, because that's a great, realistic FBI plan, and because all gay dudes are attracted to one another. 

Breaking Bad is a three star Michelin restaurant. Ozark is Waffle House at 2am.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1