John Coltrane, Both Directions at Once

Mole

Very cool.  I don't know much about jazz but that era is the one I'm most interested in.  Miles/Coltrane/Rollins/Evans etc.  A few of those albums are in my regular rotation, usually late evening or maybe Sunday morning before my insane family wakes up and annoys me for 12 hours straight.

https://jazztimes.com/features/lost-in-time-the-forgotten-bill-evans-trio-album/

Here's info for that Bill Evans album, which y'all might have heard about 2 years ago, but I didn't.

Unreleased recordings, especially the major discoveries, were usually tracked at concerts, often as bootlegs, and rarely if ever in a studio. Some Other Time: The Lost Session From the Black Forest, a newly discovered Bill Evans Trio album, is just such a rarity. As on John Coltrane’s A Love Supreme: The Complete Masters, released last fall by Impulse!/Verve, unreleased studio tracks generally comprise outtakes from an iconic session. Yet this two-disc set, a sequel of sorts to Resonance Records’ 2012 Bill Evans release, Live at Art D’Lugoff’s Top of the Gate, is a strange case. It is the only studio album recorded by the Evans trio with Eddie Gomez on bass and Jack DeJohnette on drums, the personnel on Evans’ 1968 Grammy-winning Bill Evans at the Montreux Jazz Festival, and almost no one knew of its existence until now, not even Evans’ biographers. The story behind its clandestine production in Germany’s pastoral Black Forest, and how it came to be locked in the vault for the past half-century, is a bit of a mystery.

Very cool.  I don't know much about jazz but that era is the one I'm most interested in.  Miles/Coltrane/Rollins/Evans etc.  A few of those albums are in my regular rotation, usually late evening or maybe Sunday morning before my insane family wakes up and annoys me for 12 hours straight.
If I could visit anywhere in time under any circumstance, second on my list of destinations is 1940s Harlem and New York. I would just lazily walk from club to club taking in the greats as easy as sitting down at a table. There is no way that just being alive then and there wouldn't fill you with an electricity. Would love to visit if for just a little bit.