Immigrants and Employers

Ted Lange

Republicans/Trumpkins hate illegal immigrants,. Can someone explain why they don’t go after the America hating companies that keep hiring them?   Seems like that would be the best place to start.   And being that Republicans claim to be fiscally responsible, how would prosecuting employers of illegals cost Americans more than other big government solutions.

And please show me the legislation that Rs have introduced to curb employers from hiring illegals.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Ted Lange said:

Republicans/Trumpkins hate illegal immigrants,. Can someone explain why they don’t go after the America hating companies that keep hiring them?   Seems like that would be the best place to start.   And being that Republicans claim to be fiscally responsible, how would prosecuting employers of illegals cost Americans more than other big government solutions.

And please show me the legislation that Rs have introduced to curb employers from hiring illegals.

They should go after them, but they won't because it would hurt their bottom line if they have any employed.

Republicans are fine with separating kids from parents, and putting infants in a tent city, because the mom broke the law by crossing th border.   So tell me why ICE isn’t at every Home Depot arresting every single guy who runs a landscaping or roofing company and is ILLEGALLY hiring undocumented workers.   The piece of shit entrepreneur who runs a business based on illegals should have has 3 year old stolen from him, using Trump logic. 

• Like 2

Maybe this is somewhere we can all agree, immigrants can provide a huge positive?   Just need a way to keep the few bad apples out.

End of the day, when it comes to illegal immigration, EMPLOYERS are the #1-20+ issue.  If you want to end illegal immigration, start with employers.  Yet, trump’s ideas are, a 12 billion dollar wall and ripping kids away from their parents.,...  no consequences for employers though.... 

5 hours ago, Ted Lange said:

Republicans exploiting cheap labor is their greatest pastime.  You might as well ask them to ban baseball.

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz

You just need a single law that the company ownership or corporate officers all go to prison with a minimum 20 year sentence to end 80% of illegal immigration.

Dealing with fall out of rising costs for every from groceries, hotels, restaurants, etc. would be where the work is.

Or simply fix the I9 system that has zero ability to verify anything. 

Employers have no tools for verifying citizenship. Even if the 40yr old needs two days to “remember “ his SS#, you have to go by the I9. 

To question or go against is to open one’s business up to being sued or bad publicity. 

8 hours ago, Ted Lange said:

Maybe this is somewhere we can all agree, immigrants can provide a huge positive?   Just need a way to keep the few bad apples out.

End of the day, when it comes to illegal immigration, EMPLOYERS are the #1-20+ issue.  If you want to end illegal immigration, start with employers.  Yet, trump’s ideas are, a 12 billion dollar wall and ripping kids away from their parents.,...  no consequences for employers though.... 

how do we go you suppose we go about this?  In a country where police are not permitted to ask about citizenship and showing an ID to vote is racist?

The media would be merciless and businesses would be terrified their business would be targets for protest  

And ultimatley I question the sustainability  of increasing the low skilled labor pool when those jobs are going away and automation is increasing. 

Do we want to create a permanent lower class without even the illusion of a chance at upward mobility for the class as a whole? Slaves to entitlements and government intervention?

A quote from the leading Mexican Presidential candidate 

“the migrants of the world who, by necessity, must abandon their towns to find life in the United States; it’s a human right we will defend.”

someone retweet him the YouTube gumball immigration video. 

Edited by ChickenSandwich
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, ChickenSandwich said:

how do we go you suppose we go about this?  In a country where police are not permitted to ask about citizenship and showing an ID to vote is racist?

The media would be merciless and businesses would be terrified their business would be targets for protest  

And ultimatley I question the sustainability  of increasing the low skilled labor pool when those jobs are going away and automation is increasing. 

Do we want to create a permanent lower class without even the illusion of a chance at upward mobility for the class as a whole? Slaves to entitlements and government intervention?

A quote from the leading Mexican Presidential candidate 

“the migrants of the world who, by necessity, must abandon their towns to find life in the United States; it’s a human right we will defend.”

someone retweet him the YouTube gumball immigration video. 

Require companies to use E-Verify.

Impose heavy, per illegal immigrant penalties on any company or person that employs an illegal immigrant. 

Use a guest worker program where workers will be given a guest worker id. As long as the guest workers are working, not committing crimes, and can still be sponsored by their employer, their contract can be renewed.

• Like 2

Stupid trumpkin trumpers and their baby kidnapping rich ceo 10k/day ways. As far as I’m concerned they are all Russian hitlers who have gotten rich as shit off of illegals building tents to house brown babies escaping ms13

• Fuck You 1

2 hours ago, ChickenSandwich said:

Or simply fix the I9 system that has zero ability to verify anything. 

Employers have no tools for verifying citizenship. Even if the 40yr old needs two days to “remember “ his SS#, you have to go by the I9. 

To question or go against is to open one’s business up to being sued or bad publicity. 

Exactly right.

It is ignorant as fuck to lay this at the solely at the feet of “Employers”.  There is a reason a SS card is a typed out piece of paper.  It isn’t simply fat cat Republicans hoping to exploit immigrants.

Maybe get the EEOC off employers’ backs and allow them to actually ask job applicants the right questions and seek the proper documentation without being sued for discrimination

Don’t just limit them to the I-9 and the limited questions currently allowed.  

13 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

Maybe get the EEOC off employers’ backs and allow them to actually ask job applicants the right questions and seek the proper documentation without being sued for discrimination

Don’t just limit them to the I-9 and the limited questions currently allowed.  

What are the right questions?

1 hour ago, Incredulity said:

Exactly right.

It is ignorant as fuck to lay this at the solely at the feet of “Employers”.  There is a reason a SS card is a typed out piece of paper.  It isn’t simply fat cat Republicans hoping to exploit immigrants.

Let's issue a free national ID card.

I had an employee whose work visa almost expired.  She had to have documentation of freaking everything with regard to  requesting the renewal and having the process started.  It was under 48 hours from expiring.  She’s a damned good employee, but how the hell do you let that happen? It’s a little more important than letting that Tide coupon for &.50 expire, don’tya think?

All of our employees must be fully documented and legally eligible for work in the US.

My yard guy?  Not so sure...  I’m sure I am sinning for not vetting him, but he works his ass off and is a super nice guy with about 8 othr employees.

Just now, slorch said:

I had an employee whose work visa almost expired.  She had to have documentation of freaking everything with regard to  requesting the renewal and having the process started.  It was under 48 hours from expiring.  She’s a damned good employee, but how the hell do you let that happen? It’s a little more important than letting that Tide coupon for &.50 expire, don’tya think?

All of our employees must be fully documented and legally eligible for work in the US.

My yard guy?  Not so sure...  I’m sure I am sinning for not vetting him, but he works his ass off and is a super nice guy with about 8 othr employees.

facepalm.gif

6 hours ago, CooterBrown said:

You just need a single law that the company ownership or corporate officers all go to prison with a minimum 20 year sentence to end 80% of illegal immigration.

Dealing with fall out of rising costs for every from groceries, hotels, restaurants, etc. would be where the work is.

Lulz. Andy Fastow has been out of prison for a long time. Think about that. 

Don’t know about yard guy. My housekeeper is certainly illegal. I don’t care. 

The premise in the OP isn’t near enough to deter the issue because of the cash market from which a lot of these people get paid. 

Regardless, I don’t put this burden on employers. It’s the individual’s fault first, and state second. In fact I’d hold employers totally harmless. 

7 minutes ago, Rex Kramer said:

Don’t know about yard guy. My housekeeper is certainly illegal. I don’t care. 

The premise in the OP isn’t near enough to deter the issue because of the cash market from which a lot of these people get paid. 

Regardless, I don’t put this burden on employers. It’s the individual’s fault first, and state second. In fact I’d hold employers totally harmless. 

You are knowingly breaking the law and you don't care.

Do you apply this standard to everyone or just yourself?

13 minutes ago, Pods said:

As long as there are jobs, they will come. As long as there is demand, there will be supply. 

The goal would be to fill those jobs with legal workers (guest worker program) and penalize employers for hiring illegals. Less jobs, lower demand, less incentives to come here illegally or hire illegals.

Question: is it morally okay to hire illegal immigrants to do work for you around your house if you pay them a living wage or above?

No. Income taxes arent being paid and the worker is unfairly advantaged over the legal laborer.

Sent from my LGUS997 using Tapatalk

I agree with the sentiment. The easiest place to stop illegal immigration is with employers .But let's get real. The democrats will block anything related to going after employers for hiring illegals.  Republicans are hypocrites on this issue too, and aren't going to do anything.  But the D's are the real problem here.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

You are knowingly breaking the law and you don't care.

Do you apply this standard to everyone or just yourself?

I said “certainly”.  At best, it’s a gray area.  At worst, she is illegal and that is coming third hand.  So I shouldn’t have said “certainly”.

if she is, I do not care.  We like her and my kids love her.  I would not hold anyone to some standard that they have to verify citizenship status before hiring for a cash job.  I feel zero guilt.  

2 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

I agree with the sentiment. The easiest place to stop illegal immigration is with employers .But let's get real. The democrats will block anything related to going after employers for hiring illegals.  Republicans are hypocrites on this issue too, and aren't going to do anything.  But the D's are the real problem here.

If the Pubs are hypocrites, how are the Dems the real problem? You know very well that the Republicans would not pass any legislation penalizing employers

• Like 1

The country has to get honest with itself and realize that, for better or worse, we rely heavily on immigrant labor, much of which is currently illegal. And it also has to realize that the concept of "legal immigration" for blue collar workers is at best incongruous with the needs of business and at worst a fairy tale. 

Get the histrionics and fear out of the picture and solve the issue. The solution is out of reach because so many people refuse to accept reality. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Rex Kramer said:

I said “certainly”.  At best, it’s a gray area.  At worst, she is illegal and that is coming third hand.  So I shouldn’t have said “certainly”.

if she is, I do not care.  We like her and my kids love her.  I would not hold anyone to some standard that they have to verify citizenship status before hiring for a cash job.  I feel zero guilt.  

Well, it's only a misdemeanor, but if she's here illegally, you are encouraging behavior you probably want stopped.

7 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

Republicans are the real problem, specifically Paul Ryan and Donald Trump. The former won't bring legislation to the floor that would pass both houses, the latter would (probably) veto the bill that passes.

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

1 minute ago, David Dennison said:

Well, it's only a misdemeanor, but if she's here illegally, you are encouraging behavior you probably want stopped.

I’m paying $100 weekly to a lady I like. I’m not an ICE official. It’s not my job. I understand your point, but I’m not asking questions. She speaks enough English, and I speak Spanish, so we get along just fine. She makes us tamales and we buy her Christmas presents and we trust her with our kids. 

1 minute ago, slorch said:

We cannot even be honest about who is allowed to be here, much less be ralistic about enforcing labor laws.

How about anyone who is not a criminal, goes through the process, and is approved by an immigration judge? Any objections?

3 hours ago, OatmealRaisinCookie said:

Question: is it morally okay to hire illegal immigrants to do work for you around your house if you pay them a living wage or above? In other words, you aren’t exploiting the fact they are illegal, you are paying them what the market is for the resource irrespective of immigration status, color, etc.

i can see both sides (no “both sides” meme intended):

On one hand, you are encouraging and enabling illegal immigration by supporting their being here with validation e.g. come to America and find work at a decent clip and pay

On the other hand, they are already here and without a ton of support and resources and by paying them a fair wage for a fair days labor, you are helping them to eat or cloth or rent or save for family. 

Disclaimer: Not a corporation, but a services/labor/gig type situation for private party use

Our immigration framework is immoral. We intermittently, unevenly and for childish reasons enforce laws that are at cross-purposes with our labor market needs.

Unless you know the guy you're hiring is a dangerous felon of some sort, paying the market rate is more than acceptable.

50 minutes ago, Rex Kramer said:

I’m paying $100 weekly to a lady I like. I’m not an ICE official. It’s not my job. I understand your point, but I’m not asking questions. She speaks enough English, and I speak Spanish, so we get along just fine. She makes us tamales and we buy her Christmas presents and we trust her with our kids. 

$100 a week? How many days a week? That sounds awfully low even for illegal alien labor.

1 hour ago, RandomIdoit said:

How about anyone who is not a criminal, goes through the process, and is approved by an immigration judge? Any objections?

goes through the process?

We have a process that is being at best perverted and at worst ignored.

Anyone who insists that we follow the current process is labeled a racist.

and then the judge thingy...why?  to add more partisan appointees to the process?

Edited by slorch

12 minutes ago, F250 said:

$100 a week? How many days a week? That sounds awfully low even for illegal alien labor.

We generally pay her a lot more but the $100 is to clean our house for 4 hours once per week. We pay her $15/hour to sit. 

We pay another gal, her friend, $80 twice per week while she sits with our kids and washes clothes. She is younger. She just went through the citizenship process and told me all about it. She is from Monterrey, works really hard on her English, and speaks Spanish to me because she knows I wanna work on it.