Tell me about ou

Texas007

Just now, texpete said:

And you still claim that you aren't a dumbass? 

By any metric, Stanford >>>>>>> any university in redneck state like texas.

Yeah, clinical denial. 

Any metric?  Lol. 

Please, keep telling me about OU because I know for a fact you know nothing about UT- or Stanford for that matter.  

Peopke like you make me laugh. Thanks. 

I've told my 2 kids:

UT is significantly harder to get into then when I went, if you make it in, God Bless, you got Mom's brains.

If you decide to go to a&m, I'll find a way to live with it, I'll still love you.

If you go to ou, I'll forget your fucking name

• Like 2

On 3/26/2018 at 1:25 PM, Machinator said:

I work at a company where he was an exec. Dude loves to slash budgets, and thinks he's the smartest guy in the room. Here's hoping he guts the athletic department budgets...

JUST HEARD THAT OU GETTING THERE NEXT HEISMAN TROPHY SOON. DAM THATS QUITE A FEW TROPHIES TO PUT IN THE CASE THIS YEAR.
YUR SPELLEN PUNKTIATION AND SHEEIT TALKIN IN ALL CAPS IS HURTIN MA FELINS N NOW U GOTS JEFF GILLOOLY TO LEED THE TRAILUR PARK METHICANS TO VICKTURY

On 3/27/2018 at 4:42 PM, Poolflood said:

I've told my 2 kids:

UT is significantly harder to get into then when I went, if you make it in, God Bless, you got Mom's brains.

If you decide to go to a&m, I'll find a way to live with it, I'll still love you.

If you go to ou, I'll forget your fucking name

Other way around for me.  Want to go to OU?  Fuck em, but fine, whatever, it's just a regular college with lawless idiots running the football program.  You want to go to aggy?  I have absolutely failed as a parent.  Where did I go wrong that you think nut grabbing, jizz jar circle jerks, delusions of grandeur, and backwards ass way of life is appealing?  I'd either disown them or stick my head in the oven.

16 minutes ago, 'stache said:

Other way around for me.  Want to go to OU?  Fuck em, but fine, whatever, it's just a regular college with lawless idiots running the football program.  You want to go to aggy?  I have absolutely failed as a parent.  Where did I go wrong that you think nut grabbing, jizz jar circle jerks, delusions of grandeur, and backwards ass way of life is appealing?  I'd either disown them or stick my head in the oven.

And you went to stoolwater high?

• Fuck You 6

1 hour ago, Quasimofo said:
On 3/27/2018 at 3:15 PM, buffalobill989 said:
JUST HEARD THAT OU GETTING THERE NEXT HEISMAN TROPHY SOON. DAM THATS QUITE A FEW TROPHIES TO PUT IN THE CASE THIS YEAR.

YUR SPELLEN PUNKTIATION AND SHEEIT TALKIN IN ALL CAPS IS HURTIN MA FELINS N NOW U GOTS JEFF GILLOOLY TO LEED THE TRAILUR PARK METHICANS TO VICKTURY

sorry i hurt your feelings. must suck being a texas fan and not getting trophies huh? ill turn my caps lock off for you.  

Edited by buffalobill989
  • Fuck You 4

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎3‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 12:34 PM, 35dimes said:

78% of the people who apply to OU are admitted. That's a hell of a gene pool theyre pulling from.

It's a shitty school not ranked in the top 100 in the country.  It's a football factory juco.  They literally have a "make up your own degree" plan.

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, David Dennison said:

OU sucks, but let's be honest, most schools have a "make up your own degree" plan, Texas included.

Yeah that’s not true.

In fact, it’s a well known fact that it’s harder for jucos to transfer to UT because their hours have to apply to a specific degree plan.

OU is not ranked in the top 100 universities in the country and to compare it to UT academically is incorrect. One of their academic advisers was on ESPN a few years ago railing against how worthless that degree plan is and how it provides the OU players zilch for their futures.

Edited by Scholz

12 hours ago, David Dennison said:

OU sucks, but let's be honest, most schools have a "make up your own degree" plan, Texas included.

Yeah, I remember touring Duke and Rice and UVA and being told about their version of it.  I don't think that's the academic slam it's imagined to be.

10 hours ago, Scholz said:

Yeah that’s not true.

In fact, it’s a well known fact that it’s harder for jucos to transfer to UT because their hours have to apply to a specific degree plan.

OU is not ranked in the top 100 universities in the country and to compare it to UT academically is incorrect. One of their academic advisers was on ESPN a few years ago railing against how worthless that degree plan is and how it provides the OU players zilch for their futures.

Well, it appears the College of Liberal Arts offers students the opportunity to "develop a unique major around a specific research interest or idea."

https://liberalarts.utexas.edu/humanities/

Sorry not the same thing.  That liberal arts degree still has a core set of curricula that must be met.  It simply allows for cross disciplinary humanities studies (not basket weaving) that aren't listed.

Also, please find a single UT football player who's majored in this.  You can bash easier degree plans in the kinesiology or community development depts for keeping UT players eligible but at least they have degree paths.  The OU "make up your own degree" plan is a collection of electives.  And there are a shit ton of OU players doing this to stay eligible at that juco football factory with zero prospects if and when they ever "graduate".

Also, please let me know when a UT academic adviser goes on ESPN decrying what a fraud the academics are for football players at our school.  UT players have to earn their way and are held accountable.  Ergo: there are UT players academically ineligible every single season.  I can count on one hand during Bob Stoops entire tenure the # of OU players out for academics.  OU is a fraud school.

Edited by Scholz

5 hours ago, Scholz said:

Sorry not the same thing.  That liberal arts degree still has a core set of curricula that must be met.  It simply allows for cross disciplinary humanities studies (not basket weaving) that aren't listed.

Also, please find a single UT football player who's majored in this.  You can bash easier degree plans in the kinesiology or community development depts for keeping UT players eligible but at least they have degree paths.  The OU "make up your own degree" plan is a collection of electives.  And there are a shit ton of OU players doing this to stay eligible at that juco football factory with zero prospects if and when they ever "graduate".

Also, please let me know when a UT academic adviser goes on ESPN decrying what a fraud the academics are for football players at our school.  UT players have to earn their way and are held accountable.  Ergo: there are UT players academically ineligible every single season.  I can count on one hand during Bob Stoops entire tenure the # of OU players out for academics.  OU is a fraud school.

You must really hate that they keep beating texas

• Fuck You 2

Just now, Lloyd Christmas said:

You must really hate that they keep beating texas

I don't like losing to them in football but that's not where I'm coming from.  I have no problem admitting OU has owned the Big XII in football. 

What I don't like are false equivalencies and flat out untruths which are $ooner staples (everybody cheats, everybody lets kids skate academically).  It's simply not true.  UT has academic integrity, OU does not.  OU sold its collective soul long ago to win football games. Period.  Full stop.

2 minutes ago, Scholz said:

I don't like losing to them in football but that's not where I'm coming from.  I have no problem admitting OU has owned the Big XII in football. 

What I don't like are false equivalencies and flat out untruths which are $ooner staples (everybody cheats, everybody lets kids skate academically).  It's simply not true.  UT has academic integrity, OU does not.  OU sold its collective soul long ago to win football games. Period.  Full stop.

Certainly the owner of the big 12 is not in dispute.  It just seems like you hate them so much, it must bother you that texas cant get over the hump with all that altruism. You guys are the beacon of hope the world needs in this Dark Forest cesspool of college sports.  Hell man i bet you sleep like a baby. 

• Fuck You 1

Hey there's always next year. You get up and keep trying,  eventually things will work out. Just keep sticking it out through the tough years, and you will blossom into a beautiful butterfly.  I spent my first decade of OU fanhood being happy losing to nebraska 73-21 because it meant we scored. They were really much worse than texas is now, as hard as that may be to believe.  Chin up lil guy, it will be better.

8 minutes ago, Lloyd Christmas said:

Hey there's always next year. You get up and keep trying,  eventually things will work out. Just keep sticking it out through the tough years, and you will blossom into a beautiful butterfly.  I spent my first decade of OU fanhood being happy losing to nebraska 73-21 because it meant we scored. They were really much worse than texas is now, as hard as that may be to believe.  Chin up lil guy, it will be better.

Thanks, sparky.  I still have that '05 national title to keep me warm.  And also the knowledge that we aren't forced to have a mediocre school, give out free cars and allow violence against women for victories.

4 minutes ago, Scholz said:

Thanks, sparky.  I still have that '05 national title to keep me warm.  And also the knowledge that we aren't forced to have a mediocre school, give out free cars and allow violence against women for victories.

Right on. Old titles do provide a nice beacon of hope, I feel you.  Yeah, knowing all that must really be like the equivalent of taking an ambien at night huh?  Personally I dont understand why most OU fans dont fathom suicide on a daily basis, it's really rough.

It's my understanding that ambien helps people sleep at night; It seems that's what you're getting at. It seemed fitting at least.

Pretty neat you mention meth. Funny thing about methville- I am from California,  and there is a small town called Marysville about a 4 hour drive north, it's a well known meth town. One of the top meth towns in the country in fact, most well known as methville.   So i guess I'm a meth guy.   ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

It should be asked: Can we segue this into UT's new view on males wearing dresses and makeup? And are these the same folks who thought littering the campus with dildos was a good idea? WHAT IS GOING ON DOWN THERE? Jimiiny christmas, is the weed that good?

Edited by Lloyd Christmas