Tell me about ou

Texas007

It is beyond ridiculous in this country that so many citizens think that "University of XYZ" is as good as the next state's flagship "University of XYZ"

Most flagship schools in this country are jokes, glorified community colleges.  About 20 or so of them are real places of research and learning, like Wisconsin-Madison and Texas-Austin.  Most of the rest like Oklahoma are just local places for less-stupid people in that state to have something to do before returning to mediocrity six years later. 

It's idiotic we keep pretending that University of Alabama or Louisiana State or University of Maine or Rutgers or University of Nebraska is as good as University of Texas or University of Illinois or Penn State University or University of Michigan or UC-San Diego.  How did this bullshit start?  The University of Oklahoma is for stupid people.  Nothing wrong with it, it's the best option in your state.  But know your fucking place.  Why do we keep pretending some 20 year olds in this country who are "in college" deserve a shot at a decent life?  

5 minutes ago, Lobo said:

It is beyond ridiculous in this country that so many citizens think that "University of XYZ" is as good as the next state's flagship "University of XYZ"

Most flagship schools in this country are jokes, glorified community colleges.  About 20 or so of them are real places of research and learning, like Wisconsin-Madison and Texas-Austin.  Most of the rest like Oklahoma are just local places for less-stupid people in that state to have something to do before returning to mediocrity six years later. 

It's idiotic we keep pretending that University of Alabama or Louisiana State or University of Maine or Rutgers or University of Nebraska is as good as University of Texas or University of Illinois or Penn State University or University of Michigan or UC-San Diego.  How did this bullshit start?  The University of Oklahoma is for stupid people.  Nothing wrong with it, it's the best option in your state.  But know your fucking place.  Why do we keep pretending some 20 year olds in this country who are "in college" deserve a shot at a decent life?  

OK, Boomer.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Lobo said:

As fine an institution as it is, I find it curious that you chose UC-San Diego over UC-Berkeley or UCLA as the flagship university for California. 

csb/  My neighbor always claimed to me that he went to UCLA. I asked him before the USC Rose Bowl game if he had any secret parking tips he could pass on. He said that he never went to a game there as he was more of a Wooden basketball guy. I found that odd. He owned a lot at Horseshoe Bay, but chose to move back home to San Diego where he committed suicide. His obituary said he went to UCSD. 

12 hours ago, Lobo said:

Literally nobody believes that, but you seem stuck on this nonsense. Its clear that calling everyone else a "glorified community college" is your asinine schtick, so whatevs. I managed to somehow be pretty damn successful despite my "worthless" degree from a lower ranked state school, in your opinion.

• Like 2

I was mainly poking fun at the University of Oklahoma.  OSU is aces in my book, and I've enjoyed our banter back and forth over the years.  Nobody ever discredited your degree or your life accomplishments.  I would contend you've achieved those despite being from Oklahoma, and not because of it. 

It's a thread about how much OU sucks, so yeah---I'm gonna take some cheap shots and repeat some things I don't like about the school.  I suspect we have some of the same opinions of that school.  But if you won't want to read about why I think the University of Oklahoma is a watered-down shit-heap of a "College", understand that it's not a knock on you personally and that you are also welcomed to not click on the fucking thread that may hurt your state pride. 

Edited by Lobo

26 minutes ago, Lobo said:

I was mainly poking fun at the University of Oklahoma.  OSU is aces in my book, and I've enjoyed our banter back and forth over the years.  Nobody ever discredited your degree or your life accomplishments.  I would contend you've achieved those despite being from Oklahoma, and not because of it. 

It's a thread about how much OU sucks, so yeah---I'm gonna take some cheap shots and repeat some things I don't like about the school.  I suspect we have some of the same opinions of that school.  But if you won't want to read about why I think the University of Oklahoma is a watered-down shit-heap of a "College", understand that it's not a knock on you personally and that you are also welcomed to not click on the fucking thread that may hurt your state pride. 

You realize that Rice, University of Florida and UCLA feel the same way about Texas?

50 minutes ago, Lobo said:

Yes, OU unquestionably sucks by many metrics. David Boren spent 20 years trying to get OU among the UNC, U of MIch. crowd (when he wasn't fondling male pages), but he failed. Even when they were cheating the US News stats they never got anywhere near that tier. OSU seems comfortable embracing their land-grant mission of high acceptance rates and availability of classes for rural kids who aren't Rhodes scholars, even though it means we will never move much on the US News rankings. But like any large 4-year state college, anyone who is smart and motivated can go a long way with a degree from said institution, even though the same school is also issuing degrees to C students who are destined for a cubicle farm career. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, NYBevo said:

https://twitter.com/CareyAMurdock/status/1206751644542754816?s=19

Apparently ousucks will have to suspend some starters for their game due to failed drug tests

Kinda sleazy promo...

Want to know about OU suspension rumors? You need to sign up for SoonerScoop I guess. We've even got a special for you right now. 25% off on an annual subscription and a $75 gift card to http://Nike.com. Basically you get 1-year for free.
7:43 PM · Dec 16, 2019·Twi
Edited by LTtxfan

7 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

Lots of talk being uncovered by @texifornia on OU Recruiting 2020 Thread.

EL8TCw4XsAUpo8P?format=jpg&name=small

EL8TGSfW4AAWT6Y?format=jpg&name=small 

My favorite is RJ Young post below... and Nat'l Signing Day just over 30hrs away!!

EL8TDKgXYAICJ_N?format=jpg&name=small

Still some smoke on failed drug tests for bowl game at blOU??

https://247sports.com/college/oklahoma/board/103683/Contents/rumors-of-suspended-ou-players-popping-up-across-many-sites-140608632/?page=1

Edited by LTtxfan

SIAP

OUInsider 247 / Brandon Drumm / Suspension rumors

Spoiler

UPDATE

Okay, since it’s out there on Twitter I will walk you through how long Collin and I have known and why we were so coy about it. Hope you all understand how hard it is to report such things and keep a balance between people trusting us and

*** Yesterday, I came across the news via a few DM’s. I was able to confirm it earlier this morning. The problem is, there was a growing sentiment that it wasn’t true from some sources.

*** Why not report what I’m told? The kids and sources have to trust...That’s a fact.

These kids made a mistake. Honestly, you get to know and care about these kids in the process and you don’t want to burn them with bad news.

Sources trust us. We value the info and know you want it to continue.

*** Lastly, Collin and I knew this was a legit deal around 10am this morning. At that time we debated on how to handle this. I’m not saying if they are significant suspensions or not. That will be a Lincoln Riley deal, as we like to let him handle all that type of stuff.

*** We handle this type of stuff with kid gloves. We don’t want to over step our boundaries. There are certain things you try and let the head coach and team handle. Collin and I a felt this was one of them.

*** Good news is the appeal process, so as we reported earlier said players are practicing (see the suspension threads) and this could be nothing in the end.

I get everyone is losing their minds right now. Hell, I have had multiple people randomly text me that I don't know, randon people search out my Facebook and instant message me and mention me on Twitter multiple times an hour. It's driving the media crazy at this point, too. It's gotten completely out of hand.

That said, the rumors and smoke are thick, no doubt. Thing is, OU definitely doesn't want anyone to know if there is or isn't anything going on -- good or bad.

Collin and I have been working the phones all day long. ALL DAY LONG... We still have nothing concrete. Sources telling us "it is like Fort Knox in Norman right now." We have been told it's true. We have been told it's a rumor. We have heard all the names you all have and more, but we aren't going to say them due to the fact we have no confirmation from anyone that is directly corelated to said players. Us saying anything more would be poor journalism on our part.

Furthermore, if we did have confirmation we would let you all, as paying customers and a caring fan base, know one way or the other. We are going to continue to dig on this, but good news is ahead with the fact Riley will be addressing the media on Wednesday. We will get National Signing Day availability and post-practice availability. I guess the real question is, will we get any information from Coach Riley or Coach Grinch on said rumors? I guess we will see.

We are sorry we don't have more, but will so much conflict between different sources it makes it hard for us to put out any real report.

We will continue to dig on this, but until then we have to say this is still an ongoing rumor that can't be confirmed or denied at this juncture.

2 hours ago, Getafix said:

SIAP

OUInsider 247 / Brandon Drumm / Suspension rumors

Reveal hidden contents

UPDATE

Okay, since it’s out there on Twitter I will walk you through how long Collin and I have known and why we were so coy about it. Hope you all understand how hard it is to report such things and keep a balance between people trusting us and

*** Yesterday, I came across the news via a few DM’s. I was able to confirm it earlier this morning. The problem is, there was a growing sentiment that it wasn’t true from some sources.

*** Why not report what I’m told? The kids and sources have to trust...That’s a fact.

These kids made a mistake. Honestly, you get to know and care about these kids in the process and you don’t want to burn them with bad news.

Sources trust us. We value the info and know you want it to continue.

*** Lastly, Collin and I knew this was a legit deal around 10am this morning. At that time we debated on how to handle this. I’m not saying if they are significant suspensions or not. That will be a Lincoln Riley deal, as we like to let him handle all that type of stuff.

*** We handle this type of stuff with kid gloves. We don’t want to over step our boundaries. There are certain things you try and let the head coach and team handle. Collin and I a felt this was one of them.

*** Good news is the appeal process, so as we reported earlier said players are practicing (see the suspension threads) and this could be nothing in the end.

I get everyone is losing their minds right now. Hell, I have had multiple people randomly text me that I don't know, randon people search out my Facebook and instant message me and mention me on Twitter multiple times an hour. It's driving the media crazy at this point, too. It's gotten completely out of hand.

That said, the rumors and smoke are thick, no doubt. Thing is, OU definitely doesn't want anyone to know if there is or isn't anything going on -- good or bad.

Collin and I have been working the phones all day long. ALL DAY LONG... We still have nothing concrete. Sources telling us "it is like Fort Knox in Norman right now." We have been told it's true. We have been told it's a rumor. We have heard all the names you all have and more, but we aren't going to say them due to the fact we have no confirmation from anyone that is directly corelated to said players. Us saying anything more would be poor journalism on our part.

Furthermore, if we did have confirmation we would let you all, as paying customers and a caring fan base, know one way or the other. We are going to continue to dig on this, but good news is ahead with the fact Riley will be addressing the media on Wednesday. We will get National Signing Day availability and post-practice availability. I guess the real question is, will we get any information from Coach Riley or Coach Grinch on said rumors? I guess we will see.

We are sorry we don't have more, but will so much conflict between different sources it makes it hard for us to put out any real report.

We will continue to dig on this, but until then we have to say this is still an ongoing rumor that can't be confirmed or denied at this juncture.

Thx @Getafix   (Out of Reps)

Shocked blOU is trying to keep a lid on possible player suspensions....  SHOCKED!!

"That said, the rumors and smoke are thick, no doubt. Thing is, OU definitely doesn't want anyone to know if there is or isn't anything going on -- good or bad.". Collin and I have been working the phones all day long. ALL DAY LONG... We still have nothing concrete. Sources telling us "it is like Fort Knox in Norman right now." We have been told it's true. We have been told it's a rumor. We have heard all the names you all have and more, but we aren't going to say them due to the fact we have no confirmation from anyone that is directly corelated to said players. Us saying anything more would be poor journalism on our part.

Edited by LTtxfan

• 2 weeks later...
33 minutes ago, Bevo Num1 said:
On 1/5/2020 at 4:48 PM, Dilligas said:
A really crappy pic but it's an ou flag at Vaaler golf course. Half mast, gotta respect.
20200105_121202.thumb.jpg.3624f21f4e38a59ce150bde9e73bd99d.jpg

Is that the 12th?

No, 16. Dude always has an OU flag flying but after the asswhippin he went half mast. Have a buddy that works there that ordered a rainbow OU flag to put there.

NTTAWWT

• 2 weeks later...