Tell me about ou

Texas007

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/29538129/oklahoma-moves-football-opener-vs-missouri-state-aug-29

Oklahoma moves up football opener vs. Missouri State to Aug. 29

5:22 PM CT     Sam Khan Jr.ESPN Staff Writer

The Oklahoma Sooners on Saturday announced they have moved the season opener against Missouri State to Aug. 29, one week earlier than scheduled.  The NCAA approved a waiver request from both schools to move the game -- originally scheduled for Sept. 5 -- to allow for scheduling flexibility in the midst of the coronavirus pandemic.

The move now gives the Sooners one week off between each of their first three games, with their second game scheduled for Sept. 12 against Tennessee and the third game scheduled for Sept. 26 at Army.

"If the season is indeed permitted to start as scheduled, the benefit of extra time between games will help our teams manage any variety of possible circumstances that may occur," Oklahoma athletic director Joe Castiglione said in a statement. "Our original schedule had an open date between the second and third games, so now we will have a span of five weeks to play three games.

"It provides us a more gradual approach to safely manage the conditions of these unprecedented times. We're thankful to Missouri State for their cooperation during this process and to the NCAA for allowing both teams to start the season a week earlier."

Despite two other Power 5 conferences making decisions to play only conference games this season, the Big 12 has not yet made any decisions regarding scheduling changes, and the league members are still hopeful they can play all 12 games. The NCAA board of governors met Friday to discuss possibilities for fall sports championships but decided to delay any decisions until August.

More Rattler love...

https://247sports.com/college/texas/LongFormArticle/Ranking-top-players-college-football-2020-season-roundtable-149601707/#149601707_2

"Top 50 roundtable: Too low, snubbed, underclassmen soon to crash"

ByCHRIS HUMMER 23 hours ago

Spencer Rattler, QB, Oklahoma

“No-doubt answer here. Rattler is in line to start for the Sooners as a redshirt freshman, which means he’s only a few short months away from being considered one of the top overall QBs in the country. Remember, this is the same Lincoln Riley system that’s produced five straight Heisman finalists at quarterback. And believe it or not, Rattler, the No. 1 overall QB in the 2019 class, is the most naturally gifted of the passers to come through Norman. Expect Rattler to be extremely successful in Year 1 as the starter.” – Hummer

Edited by LTtxfan

54 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

You bastard.  Still stings, although UT crying cobra kai kid did one up that poor kid.  

I would rather live the rest of my days in a Mexican prison than spend an hour in your shitass state. I would rather subject myself to a nork reeducation camp than associate with the culture of oklahoma. I would rather be skinned alive and forcefed my own skin than partake in any aspect of the horrendous culture that pervades such a place as oklahoma.

• Hook 'Em 3

4 minutes ago, HOOK'EMHOOAH said:

I would rather live the rest of my days in a Mexican prison than spend an hour in your shitass state. I would rather subject myself to a nork reeducation camp than associate with the culture of oklahoma. I would rather be skinned alive and forcefed my own skin than partake in any aspect of the horrendous culture that pervades such a place as oklahoma.

No shit dumbass.  I was born in Lubbock and left OU right after college (championship Sr year, bro).  I would rather live in OKC than shithole Lubbock and I know both well.  So why don't you calm the fuck down, YOUR STATE guy.  I wouldn't live anywhere in Texas or Oklahoma over Chicago in the summer and Miami in the winter.  But thanks for caring about my awesome life. 

Edit:  Oh and sorry about your kid looking like a chump on national TV.   Definitely not cool of me to make fun of someone's kid on here.  Mea Culpa...

Edited by ChiTownDoc

(Ian Boyd) Oklahoma's linebacker dilemma in 2020

Bad news came out of Oklahoma’s camp when it was reported that Caleb Kelly had injured his knee.

Kelly injured an ACL in 2019 as well and missed most of the season as a result, making this his redshirt senior season. He could apply for a sixth year in 2021 and reasonably expect to receive the waiver, it just remains to be seen if he’ll pursue that course of action. He was a 5-star out of California that Mike Stoops tried to use as a replacement for Eric Striker at the field outside-backer position in the 3-4 defense.

That was always a questionable strategy and things weren’t working out for Kelly between that and other injuries. When Alex Grinch took over he was moved inside, which is always where his NFL potential was going to come from, but he’s yet to be able to maximize that opportunity because of these ACL injuries. For 2020 this leaves a big hole in the Oklahoma linebacker depth chart where they were already confronted with the need to replace Kenneth Murray.

Alex Grinch’s attacking piece

Every modern 3-4 team has to work out how to overcome the way that spread offenses attack the basic structure of the defense. What originally made the 3-4 great was having a pair of versatile, pass-rushing outside linebackers to either side of the defense. The offense would struggle to sort out how to set their protection and regularly be undone by the various blitzes that defenses could throw at them.

The spread took that away by making the coverage responsibility for one of the outside linebackers a slot receiver out in space rather than an attached tight end or fullback. In the world of base nickel defense, there are a few different reactions by 3-down teams to that dilemma. One is the 2-4-5 set, in which the 3-down defense adopts the 4-down structure but uses their outside linebackers standing up in either defensive end position. Another is Todd Orlando’s “rover” set up. He’d still play a 3-4 outside linebacker on the boundary and rush them occasionally, but he’d made offenses worry about the weakside linebacker (called the rover) as the other potential pass-rushing threat.

Alex Grinch did something similar but with the middle linebacker, whom he turned into a sort of inside-backer/outside-backer hybrid. Against a 3x1 formation, the middle linebacker was often lined up off the ball but otherwise with assignments and utilization not unlike a 3-4 outside linebacker. That was Kenneth Murray and he thrived in the attacking role, blitzing off the edge or stunting inside and playing with clear reads in space against the run.

image.png

It wasn’t clear whether Caleb Kelly or 2019’s starting weakside linebacker DaShaun White was going to fill that role. Kelly made an awful lot of sense there as it would have made use of his improving command of the inside-backer position along with the edge-attacking skill set that made him a 5-star recruit back in the day. DaShaun White (or truly any athletic linebacker) could be a good fit as well but his ability to play as a true-inside backer, read run flow, and fit properly behind a slanting and attacking front may be more essential at the weakside linebacker position now.

Here’s the situation for the Sooners now:

Making the most of 2020

The Sooners' linebacker depth chart is now not only facing the need to replace two big time talents in Kenneth Murray and Caleb Kelly but it's also without much depth. The two inside-backer positions are now left with the following players:

DaShaun White: 6-0, 227 pound junior, 4-star from DFW. White played as the will last year and was solid, not great. He has some nice lateral quickness in the box and should be solid at finding the ball this year. They have two potential tasks for him this season, one is to replace Murray as the main attacking piece who's involved in the blitz package and working off the edge as the mike. The other is to count on his growing experience as the will in their 5-1 type fronts to make the D-line right and prevent the aggressive nature of their fronts from allowing them to get creased. I think he'd be better in the second role and now he might be one of the only backers left around with the knowhow for that job.

Brian Asamoah: 6-1, 230 pound redshirt sophomore, 3-star from Ohio. Asamoah is a twitchier player than White and can really build up some power moving downhill and fitting the run or attacking the line as a blitzer. I don't think he's as good of an athlete as Kenneth Murray but I'd say he's the closest they have to fielding a violent weapon around the edge of the box that attack blocks and make plays for them.

Robert Barnes: 6-2, 232 pound redshirt junior, 4-star from DFW. I always had Barnes pegged to spin down to linebacker but it took a while before that took hold. He played for their 2018 playoff team as a boundary safety down the stretch, often closing into the box to support the run but also dropping deep. He's a good athlete and he's up about 20 pounds since he last played (redshirted in 2019), it's hard to know how far along he is at linebacker currently and where he'd be at his best.

Bryan Mead: 6-2, 227 pound redshirt senior, walk-on. Mead is reasonably quick and mobile and knows the defense well enough to get into the right spots. He's basically exactly what you'd expect a walk-on linebacker who earned his way on the depth chart to be. He can probably see the field and execute a role like White's but he's not going to be the explosive weapon they had with Kenneth Murray or potentially Caleb Kelly.

That's basically it for the Sooners. They have another converted safety in redshirt freshman Jamal Morris and some bigger guys that should fit at their jack position in Nik Bonnito (6-3, 238) and David Ugwoegbu (6-4, 251). Alex Grinch needs Asamoah to be ready NOW and for Robert Barnes' transition to linebacker to have gone very well. I'm guessing they'll play Ugwoegbu at the jack, White at the will, and Asamoah at the mike.

It's strange that they didn't take a grad transfer here. In a 3-down, aggressive defense like this it's paramount that your linebackers are impact players that can cause problems for offenses. With Caleb Kelly down, the Sooners are running short on athletes that they can count on to be weapons. Linebacker coach Brian Odom has an opportunity here to really make a name for himself if he can successfully build an effective linebacker corps this season from first time starters and converted safeties. A potential beneficiary of Lincoln Riley's new contract and ability to disperse funds to his staff.

The hope here is how simple and aggressive Grinch was able to make the mike position for Murray last year while leaning on White and the safeties, all of whom return, to make it work. If there's a position in this defense where being an aggressive athlete that can find the ball and make plays is rewarded, it's the mike linebacker position. There were already some question marks about Oklahoma's defensive approach in 2020. If inside linebacker becomes a major problem for them, it'll be hard for their defense to avoid a major sophomore slump.

blOU still gonna keep Mizzu State game and play either Aug 29th, Sept 5th, or Sept 12th

blOU owns the rights to make money on selling the PPV broadcast for Mizzu State game... Not much competition for CFB TV games on those dates,  so blOU looking to make lots of 💰💰💰💰💰💰

The Big 12-'s new scheduling model means Oklahoma, Texas, have to run the table to make #CFBPlayoff

Edited by LTtxfan

So I'm listening to the radio driving back from Lousyanna late Saturday and Holly Rowe is interviewing Barry Switzer about all the great cheating he did and they got into the discussion of the mid 70's ou teams that were good and how he recruited those players out and away from Texas.

I'm paraphrasing but basically Switzer said "We just recruited Texas players better than Texas did"  She asked what he would tell the Texas recruits to convince them to come to ou

"I told them they deserved a chance to win a national title just the same as anyone else did, and it really wasn't fair if they stayed home and didn't get that chance."

Fuck this guy.  And fuck the ones of you out there that are ok with this piece of shit.  He's the motherfucker who'd try and recruit your kid while he's trying to fuck your wife.  And some of you would let him.  Cucks some of you.  I'm embarrassed for you.

Fuck you barry and fuck ou

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

SI kissing LR's ass in this article...

https://www.si.com/.amp/college/2020/08/04/lincoln-riley-oklahoma-football?__twitter_impression=true

Built for This: Why Oklahoma's Lincoln Riley Could Be the Ideal Coach in a Year Like 2020

The 36-year-old was long trained to adapt en route to one of the NCAA's premier jobs. Now, with college football and the country both plunged into uncertainty, his innovation may be uniquely fitting.

BY GREG BISHOP , AUG 4, 2020

4 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

SI kissing LR's ass in this article...

https://www.si.com/.amp/college/2020/08/04/lincoln-riley-oklahoma-football?__twitter_impression=true

Built for This: Why Oklahoma's Lincoln Riley Could Be the Ideal Coach in a Year Like 2020

The 36-year-old was long trained to adapt en route to one of the NCAA's premier jobs. Now, with college football and the country both plunged into uncertainty, his innovation may be uniquely fitting.

BY GREG BISHOP , AUG 4, 2020

He’s gonna be the greatest exhibition season corch ever.  Aggy will be incredibly jealous.  

Wtf is this shit? The blandest most boring of pasty white guys is hawking “rock and roll” tequila? What does that boring ass face have anything to do with either of those concepts? Didn’t he make like $5 million a year for 20 years? What are they paying him for literally the lamest ad imaginable for a tequila brand named Rock and Roll? OU fans don’t even drink tequila, too Mexican, they drink bud light and probably make their margaritas with mccormicks vodka.

4C3B4163-FD97-4507-94C3-EAB559A428EC.thumb.jpeg.aad15ee5020cea5932126f7193c48a08.jpeg

1BB2BF23-F0C3-46C5-AB2C-48858A1A38A0.png

Edited by 'stache
  • Haha 1

Riley has "paused" practice for a week because they have decided not to play on Aug. 29 after all, game will be pushed back into September. Also he gave an ominous nod to "conversations across the country with regard to the 2020 season."

Only one positive test out of 205 in their last two rounds. Hate to say it, but Riley has navigated the COVID crisis as well as anyone, at least with his public comments and actions.

2 hours ago, 'stache said:

Wtf is this shit? The blandest most boring of pasty white guys is hawking “rock and roll” tequila? What does that boring ass face have anything to do with either of those concepts? Didn’t he make like $5 million a year for 20 years? What are they paying him for literally the lamest ad imaginable for a tequila brand named Rock and Roll? OU fans don’t even drink tequila, too Mexican, they drink bud light and probably make their margaritas with mccormicks vodka.

4C3B4163-FD97-4507-94C3-EAB559A428EC.thumb.jpeg.aad15ee5020cea5932126f7193c48a08.jpeg

Toby Keith probly already has an order in for 10000 cases for his bar and grill. 

Edited by JMFP

1 hour ago, Bartles said:

Riley has "paused" practice for a week because they have decided not to play on Aug. 29 after all, game will be pushed back into September. Also he gave an ominous nod to "conversations across the country with regard to the 2020 season."

Only one positive test out of 205 in their last two rounds. Hate to say it, but Riley has navigated the COVID crisis as well as anyone, at least with his public comments and actions.

He’s hoping to avoid playing the season. Must not feel that good about Rattler. 

4 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Yeah but not bc they suck (it’s known) but he gets that this season is fucking toast.  Just say spring is the goal and cut out all this BS.  

He saw the IG account for the Texas Football team.. he just didn't want that smoke.. He's hoping that Sam, Cosmi, Ossai and Sterns are good as gone so he won't have to account for them in the Spring (lol)...

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Bartles said:

Riley has "paused" practice for a week because they have decided not to play on Aug. 29.  Also he gave an ominous nod to "conversations across the country with regard to the 2020 season."

1 hour ago, Tex Pete said:

He’s hoping to avoid playing the season. Must not feel that good about Rattler. 

1 hour ago, Thiefery said:

Yeah him letting the players go back home is him waving the flag

So Blinkin' trying to make sure the Fall Season doesn't happen by increasing Covid-19 cases on his team??

giphy.gif

5 hours ago, Bartles said:

Hey, they're really good at cheating.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaaf/big12/2020/08/08/oklahoma-sooners-pause-preseason-football-camp/3329688001/

The Missouri Valley Football Conference, of which Missouri State is a part, announced Friday it had pushed its conference football season to the spring. Non-conference games can still be played in the fall, though, keeping alive the chance for the Sooners to open the season against the Bears.

Anybody want to explain to me how this is anything other than about money?

8 hours ago, Bartles said:

Guess Riley has inside sources... FUCK 2020!!!

Tweet found by @texifornia 

Edited by LTtxfan

23 hours ago, 'stache said:

1BB2BF23-F0C3-46C5-AB2C-48858A1A38A0.png

If Bob is endorsing it, one can only assume that tequila brand tastes like ball sweat and swamp ass. 

54 minutes ago, 'stache said:

They’ll sit for two of the three non-con games.

Their suspensions decision is not blOU's to determine... Riley is waiting to hear back from the NCAA.

"The three players were suspended for failing a drug test in the lead up to the CFP. NCAA rules state that a player failing a drug test must sit out for half a season, regardless of the sport. An ongoing appeals process would have to go their way or they’d miss the initial five contests to reach half of a regular season."

Since TEXAS is game #4 for 2020, I won't be surprised to see the NCAA allow them to be eligible to return for that game in the Cotton Bowl.

If it was a true 12 game season for 2020, sitting out  3 non-conference games plus two conference games (K-State, Iowa State) means the players would have been eligible for game #6 in 2020.  Don't forget they already sat out 1 game last season (CFP Peach Bowl)

Edited by LTtxfan