Tell me about ou

Texas007

Worst kept secret in Oklahoma.

OU investigating accusations of sexual harassment against former President David Boren, The Oklahoman reports

The Oklahoman is reporting that the Jones Day Law Firm is investigating whether former OU President David Boren sexually harassed male aides.

The university previously confirmed to The Daily that the law firm had been conducting an investigation regarding misreporting of financial data to the university, but had not clarified the entire scope of their inquiry.

http://www.oudaily.com/news/ou-investigating-accusations-of-sexual-harassment-against-former-president-david/article_4b2fd06a-2fee-11e9-8bb1-abf8f8116019.html

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, 'stache said:

OU investigating accusations of sexual harassment against former President David Boren, The Oklahoman reports

The Oklahoman is reporting that the Jones Day Law Firm is investigating whether former OU President David Boren sexually harassed male aides.

The university previously confirmed to The Daily that the law firm had been conducting an investigation regarding misreporting of financial data to the university, but had not clarified the entire scope of their inquiry.

http://www.oudaily.com/news/ou-investigating-accusations-of-sexual-harassment-against-former-president-david/article_4b2fd06a-2fee-11e9-8bb1-abf8f8116019.html

The guy looks like a total creeper pervert.  Not surprised. 

11 hours ago, 'stache said:

He was accused of doing the same thing to Senate staffers in the early 90's. He resigned and took the job at ou after that. It always seemed odd that a man in his early 50's would up and quit his job as a US Senator when he had 2 years left on his term. 

Sounds like Alex Grinch is really shaking things up in Norman.  OU's got the wrong personnel to run his schemes.  He wants to play aggressive, penetrating 1-gap scheme (4-3 philosophy from a 3-4 look) up front.  What he's got are big, slow space eaters recruited to command double teams and keep the LBs clean.  With his love of slants, stems and other pre-snap movement I have to wonder if Gallimore will stroke out in the 3rd quarter running a pass rush stunt.  The changes may be driving the exodus of DL.

Maybe Grinch deserve his own thread.  When I looked into his record, the one thing that really stands out is 2017.  His WSU defense was statistically #7 in opp pass efficiency.  That did not comport with what I actually saw in a couple of their games, including the blowout bowl loss ot Michigan State.  Digging a little deeper, the Pac-12 was dog crap in 2017: 1-8 bowl record was just the rotten cherry atop a putrid cake.  Further excavation showed that the pass efficiency D rating was largely built on shutting down 2 horribad teams: 3-8 G5 (MWC) Nevada and FCS Montana State.  Passer ratings for those 2 games were 62 and 44 QBR respectively.  Pass efficiency D was approx #50 nationally when those game are excluded (against a terrible Pac-12).  2018 results from Columbus obviously were not inspiring.

Edited by sushihorn
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, sushihorn said:

Sounds like Alex Grinch is really shaking things up in Norman.  OU's got the wrong personnel to run his schemes.  He wants to play aggressive, penetrating 1-gap scheme (4-3 philosophy from a 3-4 look) up front.  What he's got are big, slow space eaters recruited to command double teams and keep the LBs clean.  With his love of slants, stems and other pre-snap movement I have to wonder if Gallimore will stroke out in the 3rd quarter running a pass rush stunt.  The changes may be driving the exodus of DL.

Maybe Grinch deserve his own thread.  When I looked into his record, the one thing that really stands out is 2017.  His WSU defense was statistically #7 in opp pass efficiency.  That did not comport with what I actually saw in a couple of their games, including the blowout bowl loss ot Michigan State.  Digging a little deeper, the Pac-12 was dog crap in 2017: 1-8 bowl record was just the rotten cherry atop a putrid cake.  Further excavation showed that the pass efficiency D rating was largely built on shutting down 2 horribad teams: 3-8 G5 (MWC) Nevada and FCS Montana State.  Passer ratings for those 2 games were 62 and 44 QBR respectively.  Pass efficiency D was approx #50 nationally when those game are excluded (against a terrible Pac-12).  2018 results from Columbus obviously were not inspiring.

thanks

• 1 month later...

Grinch giving out King-size Payday Candy Bars....

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/how-a-young-coordinator-is-reviving-oklahomas-defense-through-focus-effort-and-candy-bars/

"It's all we talk about -- every single play," Grinch said. "We're stripping the ball, fighting for the football. It's the top goal. We make it a big-ass deal.[When players succeed], we throw candy bars. We give them gear. The guy who has the most strip attempts is the 'Strip King.' He gets the king-size candy bar."

Edited by LTtxfan

https://newsok.com/article/5626976/ou-football-sooners-alarmingly-thin-in-the-secondary-says-alex-grinch

BlowU trying to help their 2020 DB recruiting by boohooing about lack of DB depth:

After Tuesday’s fifth spring practice, new Oklahoma defensive coordinator Alex Grinch said his group is ahead of where he’d thought they’d be overall at this point.

But there was one area Grinch said concerned him when it came to the amount of players he had at his disposal.  “We’re very, very thin in the secondary, which is alarming, just from a depth standpoint,” Grinch said. “We’ve got some young guys coming in the fall we’re gonna have to plug in.  “I’d probably echo that maybe across the board, probably a little bit more thin than we should be at Oklahoma, but that also is a great opportunity for guys to get reps.”  Grinch and his staff are working on fixing the depth problem through recruiting, but that won’t help the Sooners next season.

The Sooners return all four defensive backs who started at the end of last year — safeties Tre Norwood and Robert Barnes, cornerbacks Tre Brown and Parnell Motley plus nickelback Bookie Radley-Hiles.  Safety Jamal Morris is the only defensive back signee out of four from the 2019 class going through spring practice. The other three won’t be on campus until this summer.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Grinch already making excuses for when his defense sucks......

giphy.gif

Andy Staples tweet:  "Merge them together and you'd have Clemson or Alabama."
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

H6M54s6G_bigger.png
The two most fascinating CBTN Strength Profiles of 2018 were and

1:19 PM · Mar 27, 2019 · Twitter Web Client
Edited by LTtxfan

On 3/30/2019 at 6:40 AM, MirrOlure said:

So...apparently former OU President Boren took sucking to a whole new level

http:// https://ktul.com/news/local/man-accusing-former-ou-president-boren-of-sexual-misconduct-speaks-to-ap

Isn't that why the fat queen stepped down from the US Senate?  Touching young males?  Think this was the worst kept secret in Norman.

6 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Mordecai 3rd series poor decision throws interception....

Mordecai 4th series WRs not getting open (might be walk-on), so punt.....

Kyler wants Riley to help Mordecai get more in rhythm with some shorter passes...... Kyler trying to coach young QB up....  😳

19 minutes ago, lemonandaturd said:

Hurts better stay healthy.  Mordecai is a less accurate Rhett Bomar.  

Hurts doesn't know blOU offense that well yet..... expect blOU early games to feature more running or quick rpo throws to take pressure off Jalen.   If Horns can handle sooner run game and keep Hurts in pocket, he will struggle in first meeting Oct 12th.....

Edited by LTtxfan

On 4/14/2019 at 4:03 PM, Knoxtnhorn said:

So I was with some friends and family at the TX Spring Game.  We were walking through the concourse to our seats when I heard a familiar chant.  But, what was weird, is that the pitch seemed a bit high.  Something was off.  We made our way to the origin of the sound and found this...

I got choked up watching that.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HtownHorn said:

Still holding out hope that Tatum picks us again.

I honestly don't think Herman would be interested.

Word from the insiders is that he is pretty lazy and not sure how much he even likes football.

During the season, a seeming reliable poster on a pay board put up that one of the older players accused Tatum of hiding out on the sideline so he wouldn't be put in during a blowout.

I don't think you will ever hear from Tatum again 

DL Tyreece Lott no longer appears to be with the program

https://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/04/16/third-defensive-lineman-in-two-months-leaves-oklahoma/

So far, DL they've lost this offseason:

Amani Bledsoe- Early draft entrant

Jordan Kelley- Torn ACL

Jalen Redmond- Might never play due to blood clot issues

Michael Thompson- Moved to OL

Derek Green- Portal (pulled a Bru McCoy)

Ron Tatum- Portal

Tyreece Lott- Portal 

They still have two really good DL in Ronnie Perkins and Neville Gallimore, but they're losing a lot of depth, although they did have a JUCO enroll early in LaRon Stokes with offers from Oregon and Oklahoma State

12 minutes ago, Fud said:

DL Tyreece Lott no longer appears to be with the program

https://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/04/16/third-defensive-lineman-in-two-months-leaves-oklahoma/

So far, DL they've lost this offseason:

Amani Bledsoe- Early draft entrant

Jordan Kelley- Torn ACL

Jalen Redmond- Might never play due to blood clot issues

Michael Thompson- Moved to OL

Derek Green- Portal (pulled a Bru McCoy)

Ron Tatum- Portal

Tyreece Lott- Portal 

They still have two really good DL in Ronnie Perkins and Neville Gallimore, but they're losing a lot of depth, although they did have a JUCO enroll early in LaRon Stokes with offers from Oregon and Oklahoma State

Gallimore is OK.  I remember he was getting pushed around by our OL and came off the field several times.

Dropping off my mom's dogs at the groomer in Westlake. 

Brian Bosworth walks in. 

I thought about maybe getting a cute insta pic or scheduling a workout with him, but then remembered that he's a piece of shit that can go fuck himself. 

1:25 pm here

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Dropping off my mom's dogs at the groomer in Westlake.Brian Bosworth walks in. I thought about maybe getting a cute insta pic or scheduling a workout with him, but then remembered that he's a piece of shit that can go fuck himself. 

1:25 pm here

and.... blOU STILL SUCKS.....

Edited by LTtxfan
  • Like 1

On 4/14/2019 at 3:03 PM, Knoxtnhorn said:

So I was with some friends and family at the TX Spring Game.  We were walking through the concourse to our seats when I heard a familiar chant.  But, what was weird, is that the pitch seemed a bit high.  Something was off.  We made our way to the origin of the sound and found this...

200.gif

• 2 weeks later...