Tell me about ou

Texas007

1 hour ago, Bigpoppapump said:

Ya he makes way more money right now than he would as an nfl OC. He could only make more as a head coach.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Which is what I'm talking about.  McVay is the model now.  Hire an offensive genius as your Head Coach.

OU is going to have to replace a ton of talent next year.  Brown is a junior and probably goes pro.  Murray will be gone to MLB.  Powers, Alvarez, Samia and Dalton on the OL are gone.  Seibert the kicker Bolton at LB and McKinney at safety are seniors.  .   

Edited by lemonandaturd

2 minutes ago, lemonandaturd said:

OU is going to have to replace a ton of talent next year.  Brown is a junior and probably goes pro.  Murray will be gone to MLB.  Powers, Alvarez, Samia and Dalton on the OL are gone.  Seibert the kicker and McKinney at safety.   

Agreed... Riley will have his work cut out, now the defense, that's another story, as it will have to be overhauled...

9 minutes ago, lemonandaturd said:

OU is going to have to replace a ton of talent next year.  Brown is a junior and probably goes pro.  Murray will be gone to MLB.  Powers, Alvarez, Samia and Dalton on the OL are gone.  Seibert the kicker Bolton at LB and McKinney at safety are seniors.  .   

Their offense will be fine as long as Riley handles things on that end. They are recruiting like gangbusters on that side of the ball, and Bedenbaugh is a really good OL coach.

We'll see what he does with the DC hire.

3 minutes ago, kopp0e said:

Agreed... Riley will have his work cut out, now the defense, that's another story, as it will have to be overhauled...

kinda sounds like the same story actually . . we shall see what happens from here, but it does not look great for ou sux .  

13 hours ago, T’Boo Ted Marshall said:

Being that far in debt, firing the DC at less than $1m per year does nothing.

The point was not the amount of the DC salary ( chickenfeed), but rather the importance for the New BlowU President to keep  Big Money BlowU Donors who love football happy so they keep contributing large amounts to BlowU....

BMD's at BlowU will now have a much stronger voice because of the large amount of Debt that Boren left behind for BlowU.....

https://newsok.com/article/5598772/university-of-oklahoma-president-david-boren-says-ou-debt-is-large-but-comparable-to-similar-public-universities

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/6/2018 at 9:28 PM, hookem48 said:

Riley reminds me of Mackovic.

God I hope your being sarcastic? The guy has lost three games total since his hire. One of which was in the playoffs against “a super duper powerhouse we play the best defense in the world SEC team” in Georgia. Not only did they hang +30 points on that defense, they pretty much stopped the dick munches on ESPN from making those statements about Big12 teams in general. That incompetent Stoops gets ONE stop in that Georgia game, ONE, and it’s ou, not Georgia playing Alabama. Who by the way was probably a better match up. Considering that over the last 20 years ou has a better record against Alabama then Georgia, and has played them almost as many times (you got to love that SEC scheduling). 

Then he has a loss against us, by 3 on a last second field goal. A game that I will always argue is the most competitive rivalry game of all. Simply because how many times the favorite has been beaten.

Only last years ISU game stands out. But again. One tends to look more at Stoops competence then Riley’s role. Had ou been able to get a Texas like effort from their guys that day they don’t lose that game. So overall nothing could be farther from the truth in comparing Riley to fucking Mac version I.

Yes, as devils advocate you can accurately call out the fact those are Bob’s players. But you can’t bitch about what he has done with them. But bringing in Ruffin, a guy who will have a far better relationship with those players suggests they will get better. Their game today, at night, National TV, on the road, will pretty much tell us if they have improved under Ruffin. If they go to Lubbock and cover the spread (it’s at -14.5 as I write this) they should win out and make the playoffs. If not it won’t matter to us as we will probably play Moonshine Madness in the CG. Which I believe is a better match up. Beating WV twice seems a little more realistic then beating ou twice.

• Like 1

On 10/9/2018 at 11:56 AM, fellside said:

Which is what I'm talking about.  McVay is the model now.  Hire an offensive genius as your Head Coach.

and have a highly respected veteran DC with multiple 1st rounders/ high quality starters on defense.

4 hours ago, Hamttx said:

God I hope your being sarcastic? The guy has lost three games total since his hire. One of which was in the playoffs against “a super duper powerhouse we play the best defense in the world SEC team” in Georgia. Not only did they hang +30 points on that defense, they pretty much stopped the dick munches on ESPN from making those statements about Big12 teams in general. That incompetent Stoops gets ONE stop in that Georgia game, ONE, and it’s ou, not Georgia playing Alabama. Who by the way was probably a better match up. Considering that over the last 20 years ou has a better record against Alabama then Georgia, and has played them almost as many times (you got to love that SEC scheduling). 

Then he has a loss against us, by 3 on a last second field goal. A game that I will always argue is the most competitive rivalry game of all. Simply because how many times the favorite has been beaten.

Only last years ISU game stands out. But again. One tends to look more at Stoops competence then Riley’s role. Had ou been able to get a Texas like effort from their guys that day they don’t lose that game. So overall nothing could be farther from the truth in comparing Riley to fucking Mac version I.

Yes, as devils advocate you can accurately call out the fact those are Bob’s players. But you can’t bitch about what he has done with them. But bringing in Ruffin, a guy who will have a far better relationship with those players suggests they will get better. Their game today, at night, National TV, on the road, will pretty much tell us if they have improved under Ruffin. If they go to Lubbock and cover the spread (it’s at -14.5 as I write this) they should win out and make the playoffs. If not it won’t matter to us as we will probably play Moonshine Madness in the CG. Which I believe is a better match up. Beating WV twice seems a little more realistic then beating ou twice.

holy fuck, responding to a quote from month ago

4 hours ago, Hamttx said:

Found Mack's Surly account

18 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

OL Tramonda Moore dismissed from the team.  Probably would have been a starter next year.

https://www.dirtburglars.com/forum/sports-forums/athletics/football/176177-siap-tramanda-moore-dismissed-from-team

Given the things that DON'T get you dismissed from the team (Mixon), what exactly must you do to get dismissed?

I'm really curious to hear what offense he committed that was worse than breaking a girl's face. 

Loved Jesus and puppies? 

Refused to eat from the bag? 

4 hours ago, Bill Lumbergh said:

Given the things that DON'T get you dismissed from the team (Mixon), what exactly must you do to get dismissed?

I'm really curious to hear what offense he committed that was worse than breaking a girl's face. 

Loved Jesus and puppies? 

Refused to eat from the bag? 

made the dean's list

On 11/14/2018 at 12:06 PM, C-Man said:

Hearing chatter on Dallas sports talk radio that Kyler is perhaps wanting to play for OU again next year. Wonder how that will go over with the A's. 

I still don't see how he was able to get that extra year. I know it's a part of some stupid rule but, the rest of the senior class of '15 is graduating while he switched schools and somehow doesn't lose a year of eligibility and his "sit out " year is pretty much considered a free year to learn. 

22 hours ago, lemonandaturd said:

So if WVU beats OU sucks and eliminates them from the CCG, what are the odds that Kyler Murray skips the Alamo or Camping World Bowl.  That would be funny as hell for the midget to haul ass and leave them without a proven QB for their bowl game.   

He has done that before but we will be fine with Kendall.

57 minutes ago, BigHorn'13 said:

I still don't see how he was able to get that extra year. I know it's a part of some stupid rule but, the rest of the senior class of '15 is graduating while he switched schools and somehow doesn't lose a year of eligibility and his "sit out " year is pretty much considered a free year to learn. 

I'm not following.

2015 -- appears in eight games as a true frosh at aggy

2016 -- transfer year, uses his redshirt

2017 -- plays a bit as a RS-Soph in relief of Baker Mayfield

2018 -- RS-Jr in first year as OU's starter

2019 -- would be a RS-Sr