2019 S Chris Adimora

14 minutes ago, NorLa Horns said:

as the season goes on and i hear more and more things like this ,i kinda wonder if Texas isn't expecting Cook as attrition?

He's the biggest question mark with Josh Moore going into next year. Looks like attrition will give him a shot to prove himself but his lack of participation and the play referenced make me wonder about his future. 

11 minutes ago, maninblack said:

He's the biggest question mark with Josh Moore going into next year. Looks like attrition will give him a shot to prove himself but his lack of participation and the play referenced make me wonder about his future. 

he was in the game. so he hasnt been written off. but avoiding contact at CB is a helluva way to become persona non grata with Herman 

4 hours ago, NorLa Horns said:

he was in the game. so he hasnt been written off. but avoiding contact at CB is a helluva way to become persona non grata with Herman 

4 hours ago, maninblack said:

I know he was in the game but it's seemingly because depth reasons and not merit at this point. Hope he makes good on the talent we spent so much time recruiting.

I'm always for a solid ROI, but I'm also glad we've reached the point where if a high recruit doesn't pan out we have a hungry Kenyatta Watson or Adimora eager to step in.  I'm an optimist, but if Cook can't cut it than we need to move on no matter the stars, can't fall in love with label brands.  The way we're recruiting, we're going to have recruits that we love the tape or the rankings, but they just don't pan out.  Difference is now, we have guys waiting in the wings who are just as athletic and hungry for the spot.  I'm not writing Cook off, but if Watson or Adimora give us a better chance, then that's what needs to happen. 

Edited by CB'sGotMeLit

21 hours ago, CB'sGotMeLit said:

I'm always for a solid ROI, but I'm also glad we've reached the point where if a high recruit doesn't pan out we have a hungry Kenyatta Watson or Adimora eager to step in.  I'm an optimist, but if Cook can't cut it than we need to move on no matter the stars, can't fall in love with label brands.  The way we're recruiting, we're going to have recruits that we love the tape or the rankings, but they just don't pan out.  Difference is now, we have guys waiting in the wings who are just as athletic and hungry for the spot.  I'm not writing Cook off, but if Watson or Adimora give us a better chance, then that's what needs to happen. 

Could Adimora play corner?

9 hours ago, Mikey4 said:

Rewatched the game yesterday, and this guy fucks. Came to the game probably not expecting to play, ends up saving the game not once, but twice. Two very impressive instances of doing his job perfectly under extreme pressure.

The onside kick recovery was huge.  The pass break up was in the endzone was quickly followed by a TD, but it was a fantastic effort.  Got his head turned and climbed the ladder to bat it away.  Great job.  

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Bigpoppapump said:

He was hyped up like Sweat as a highly underrated recruit during the 2019 cycle. I’m not surprised at all.

He wasn't all that underrated by the services. Composite 4*, top 200 ranking.

He was curiously underrecruited, though. Only other OV besides Texas was Boise State, and I think a couple Pac-12 schools tried to make a run at him late. But you would have expected him to receive more national attention than he did.