60 Minutes

Teddyballgame

14 minutes ago, Teddyballgame said:

Has there ever been a better or more important show than 60 minutes?   I lived in fear of Mike Wallace showing up at my door.

You are thinking of your fear of Chris Hansen showing up, not Wallace.

Edited by Whitman
  • Like 1

A very good friend of mine was interviewed by Wallace in connection with the death penalty imposed on a killer.  The interview as seen on the broadcast was totally dishonest. The interview took about an hour, the clip broadcast was less than 5 minutes.  Everything was out of context, some answers were connected to questions to which other answers were given.  Some responses were shown in connection with questions which were not even asked during the interview but dubbed in later.  Every conceivable manipulation of the content was indulged in by the producers who were bent on getting the murderer pardoned.

Anyone being interviewed by these fraudulent newsmen should have their own tape recording of the entire interview.

On 7/3/2018 at 3:49 PM, idahorn said:

A very good friend of mine was interviewed by Wallace in connection with the death penalty imposed on a killer.  The interview as seen on the broadcast was totally dishonest. The interview took about an hour, the clip broadcast was less than 5 minutes.  Everything was out of context, some answers were connected to questions to which other answers were given.  Some responses were shown in connection with questions which were not even asked during the interview but dubbed in later.  Every conceivable manipulation of the content was indulged in by the producers who were bent on getting the murderer pardoned.

Anyone being interviewed by these fraudulent newsmen should have their own tape recording of the entire interview.

All riiiiiigthy then.

Yup, similar experience for one person I know who was interviewed by them for a high profile business lawsuit. Totally biased editing and reporting on the case, while leaving out important details of the contract at the heart of the dispute, and while ignoring rampant corruption within the courts overseeing the case. They just wanted to make a big corporation the bad guy cause it plays to their audience.
  • Like 1

On 7/3/2018 at 9:49 PM, idahorn said:

Happened first hand to me a few times.  Should happen to everyone so they realize how colored almost all media/journalism is.

• Like 1

On July 3, 2018 at 3:49 PM, idahorn said:

8 hours ago, Dutchrudder said:
On July 3, 2018 at 3:49 PM, idahorn said:

Read more  

Yup, similar experience for one person I know who was interviewed by them for a high profile business lawsuit. Totally biased editing and reporting on the case, while leaving out important details of the contract at the heart of the dispute, and while ignoring rampant corruption within the courts overseeing the case. They just wanted to make a big corporation the bad guy cause it plays to their audience.

I would love to fact check both these claims. What are the names of the people involved? When were these episodes broadcast? Give us a day, month, and year. This shoukd be pretty easy to check up on. 

Or are we just supposed to believe what anonymous internet posters tell us that a friend told them? 

33 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

I would love to fact check both these claims. What are the names of the people involved? When were these episodes broadcast? Give us a day, month, and year. This shoukd be pretty easy to check up on. 

Or are we just supposed to believe what anonymous internet posters tell us that a friend told them? 

You serious Clark?  If you don’t know how rampant this type of shit is in the “media” you live under a rock.  I thought it was pretty common knowledge.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Don't ever post again unless You can provide corroboration of all your facts.  Is that cool with you ?

• Like 2