2019 Masters rejection thread

ImGolfn

On 7/2/2018 at 8:03 PM, DFWTexEx said:

Nope.  Dream is to take my father while he is healthy.  I hope this happens soon.

In the same boat, and I'm running out of time.

I have been telling anyone and everyone that is in to golf to apply, and finally my Uncle hit for the Monday practice round for the 2019 Masters...and he invited me for telling him about it. It will be me, my two uncles, and MY DAD. I am beyond fortunate to be able to check this bucket list item off with the man that taught me the game. 

I assume booking accommodations needs to be done immediately?

• Like 3

2 hours ago, LonghornJones said:

In the same boat, and I'm running out of time.

I have been telling anyone and everyone that is in to golf to apply, and finally my Uncle hit for the Monday practice round for the 2019 Masters...and he invited me for telling him about it. It will be me, my two uncles, and MY DAD. I am beyond fortunate to be able to check this bucket list item off with the man that taught me the game. 

I assume booking accommodations needs to be done immediately?

Should have booked when you applied.  Shit's gonna be crazy expensive now.

3 hours ago, LonghornJones said:

Any tips would be appreciated for lodging.

I'm just gonna book 2 hotel rooms at the I-20/Washington Road intersection. Seems like a lot of hotels there. We do not want to spend a lot, but I want a hotel bar, at least.

Been twice.  Stayed at Reynold's Plantation both times.  Great place to play and about 1:20 away from Augusta.  Congrats.

12 hours ago, LonghornJones said:

Any tips would be appreciated for lodging.

I'm just gonna book 2 hotel rooms at the I-20/Washington Road intersection. Seems like a lot of hotels there. We do not want to spend a lot, but I want a hotel bar, at least.

That's a good location, just be prepared to spend 300-400 for a crappy days inn or equivalent. The nicer Spingfield Suite type places are permanently booked by the travel companies that put the packages together. Generally if you do air bnb it is for the whole week. If you don't want to enjoy some beers on the course go to Akin, Columbia, etc. 

Also, hotel bar not necessary, you can always go the hotel bar at another place and then walk or uber home. There is a wing place on the other side of 20 from the course and a number of places in between that and hooters. Downtown is always an interesting experience as well. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, DCA_HORN said:

If you don't want to enjoy some beers on the course go to Akin, Columbia, etc. 

You referring to having to drive from Augusta, or is Aiken dry or something? We have a tee time at the Aiken Golf Club bc its all that was available, and I refuse to play golf without beer.

I got 2 rooms on the other side of 20. I couldn't find any other hotel in Augusta.