Hey Steel Shank!

Judge Roybeanbag

force brookshire's (iirc) out of business. 
There's a fairly new Brookshire's in Anna. We go there quite a bit since we're in extreme North McKinney and the in-laws are in Melissa. There's also one on 35 just outside of Waco and 1 on 77 between Waco and Rockdale. They may be scarce but not out of business.

E8-F6-BE2-D-8-D3-D-47-B6-8320-C12-AC4211

I really put up a hell of a fight when the wife told me she was hosting book club and needed me to fend for myself for dinner.  Some beers, working on a picnic table, and The Masters replay out in the shop all evening.  It was a good day.  

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Sbbruin said:

Lots of flour tortilla eaters up in here.  Give me tortillas de maiz for tacos all day long.

For tacos, sure. Do any of these contraptions look like what you’d normally call a taco? They’re a separate fusion category of deliciousness.

Edited by formermav43
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, formermav43 said:

For tacos, sure. Do any of these contraptions look like what you’d normally call a taco? They’re a separate fusion category of deliciousness.

And that's fair.  And don't get me wrong, they all look glorious.  

3 hours ago, ERhine said:

I see a piece of bread with shredded meat and three pieces of shredded cheese. I’m not sure that qualifies as a grilled cheese.

It's a valid concept. Needs more work. Rome wasn't built in a day.

• Like 1

On 4/13/2019 at 6:17 PM, ERhine said:

I see a piece of bread with shredded meat and three pieces of shredded cheese. I’m not sure that qualifies as a grilled cheese.

WTF. Just cause you make a Steel Shank special does not mean to not use some care.

A REAL grilled cheese is so much better by putting meat, cheese and whatever in a pile and grill along with bread and then combine. Also for all that is holy use grated cheddar and not cheese by product that comes in a cellophane wrapper. 

22 hours ago, Whatever said:
On 4/13/2019 at 5:00 PM, Shaddie said:
Leftover beef rib from (Hutchins in McKinney ) and grilled cheese sammich
dc16696dc64d6cdb6f5b1748786f7ec2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Read more  

As a McKinney resident, I appreciate this post. All the way down to the CostCo paper plates.

Off topic but have you tried the beef rib? I was really worried when they expanded and added commercial smokers. 1st time I was not impressed. This time it was all perfect, again. Crust on that rib would make grown man cry. 

Off topic but have you tried the beef rib? I was really worried when they expanded and added commercial smokers. 1st time I was not impressed. This time it was all perfect, again. Crust on that rib would make grown man cry. 
I have not but I will. I judge BBQ joints by brisket, beef ribs and beans. So far Hutchins gets a B+/A- on brisket and beans from me.

13 hours ago, Shaddie said:

grated cheddar and not cheese by product that comes in a cellophane wrapper. 

For melty applications, especially on this thread, there ain't a got damn thing wrong with American cheese. Especially Kraft singles. I get the 2% kind so my figure stays nice and svelte. 

• Like 1

Also for all that is holy use grated cheddar and not cheese by product that comes in a cellophane wrapper. 

Bad mouthing cheese that comes wrapped in cellophane seems inconsistent with the spirit of this thread. Perhaps you and the gentleman from California should have a dinner party to make your fancy tacos on corn tortillas and grated cheddar. We got us a regular Howard Hughes up in here.
  • Like 7