Hey Steel Shank!

4 hours ago, Whatever said:

Potatoes are the difference maker for breakfast tacos. If the potatoes taste great you're almost assured of having an excellent breakfast (or in this case, supper).

Agreed. I always dice small and fry them up first so they're well cooked. Usually dust them with fajita seasoning towards the end before adding the sausage and then the egg.

The ratio is  important too. 2:1:1 for potato:egg:sausage.  Egg should never be the majority ingredient. It can be equal to something else like a chorizo-egg taco should be 1:1 but preferably it would be maybe 1.5:1 in favor of chorizo.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, CooterBrown said:

Agreed. I always dice small and fry them up first so they're well cooked. Usually dust them with fajita seasoning towards the end before adding the sausage and then the egg.

The ratio is  important too. 2:1:1 for potato:egg:sausage.  Egg should never be the majority ingredient. It can be equal to something else like a chorizo-egg taco should be 1:1 but preferably it would be maybe 1.5:1 in favor of chorizo.

One of the best tater egg and cheese tacos I used to get was at a long-gone diner on 183 out past Bergstrom.  Old army cook ran it.  For the potatoes, he used shredded hash browns fried on the flat top in a ton of butter.  Then eggs.  Then melty american cheese.  It was glorious.  And about 60% potatoes.

Tator tots also make a fine potato to add.  I actually like to save good leftover french fries and such, toss them in the pan to crisp them good, then add the egg.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

One of the best tater egg and cheese tacos I used to get was at a long-gone diner on 183 out past Bergstrom.  Old army cook ran it.  For the potatoes, he used shredded hash browns fried on the flat top in a ton of butter.  Then eggs.  Then melty american cheese.  It was glorious.  And about 60% potatoes.

Tator tots also make a fine potato to add.  I actually like to save good leftover french fries and such, toss them in the pan to crisp them good, then add the egg.

What are leftover french fries?

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, Etexhorn13 said:

I call this Frito Chili Ranchero... inspired by my breakfast at Mi Madres last weekend. 
https://i.imgur.com/ZHZ5X8d.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/BldT1Xj.jpg

damnit, is there a way to just show the photo? Not used to using imgur

imgur does not work for surly.  use imgbb or something else. 

Yep

I made "chili like dish" recently for a cookoff.  It was like chili but had red curry paste, garam masala and garbanzos in it.  So it was chili-like, but not chili.

Had ground venison, venison pan sausage and lamb stew meat in it.  Followed my usual chili process.  But I wouldn't call it chili, ESPECIALLY to you pedantic assholes.  And the only thread I would have felt good about posting it in would have been Shit I Cooked Lately