Hey Steel Shank!

Judge Roybeanbag

37 minutes ago, Tailgate said:

Cold BBQ pork chops are tough to beat.

Coopers BBQ for a late lunch, including a Big Chop, which you only eat half of, and toss the other half into your cooler.  Flyfish the Llano all day, till it gets too dark to fish.  Eat the second half of your leftover Coopers Big Chop with your hand, cold, in the truck as you drive back under the stars.  Fuck yeah.

22 minutes ago, davidg said:

Worked at the ranch today with Dad, he turned 87 last Sunday and was mad at me because I would not let him run the chainsaw. Since we went into town early today for some fencing we didn’t feel like driving back for dinner tonight.

The setting: an old hay barn that has served as our camp barn on the place for 30 years of duck and squirrel hunts, spring and winter break family campouts and many weekends of scout camping. The barn over looks a cove that used to be a native pecan orchard before the lake flooded.

E37-D93-FD-7-C3-D-461-B-9176-6-EE4-A6-BF121-E.jpg

The meal: grilled jalapeño sausage on flour tortillas with processed cheese and a splash of Stubbs. Sides were HEB frito scoops and bean dip. The tableware was paper towels on top of newspaper and the table an upside down cattle feed syrup bucket.

5-B32-C655-E687-4-D55-85-FB-385-A27-D6-A1-FC.jpg

Magnificent

On 2/1/2020 at 9:18 PM, davidg said:

The meal: grilled jalapeño sausage on flour tortillas with processed cheese and a splash of Stubbs. Sides were HEB frito scoops and bean dip. The tableware was paper towels on top of newspaper and the table an upside down cattle feed syrup bucket.

And we are done here. Nice work.

15 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

Worked all weekend, no time to devote any prep or cooking for the game. And we weren’t going to a party or anything. So...super bowl eats, in four parts.

Leftover cold pizza:

cfe3af84f6967a8f2fb7ddbd9e6c96f8.jpg

You need to neg-rep your pizza shop because they left the jalapenos off of your pizza.

On 2/1/2020 at 9:18 PM, davidg said:

Worked at the ranch today with Dad, he turned 87 last Sunday and was mad at me because I would not let him run the chainsaw. Since we went into town early today for some fencing we didn’t feel like driving back for dinner tonight.

The setting: an old hay barn that has served as our camp barn on the place for 30 years of duck and squirrel hunts, spring and winter break family campouts and many weekends of scout camping. The barn over looks a cove that used to be a native pecan orchard before the lake flooded.

E37-D93-FD-7-C3-D-461-B-9176-6-EE4-A6-BF121-E.jpg

5-B32-C655-E687-4-D55-85-FB-385-A27-D6-A1-FC.jpg

This post hit me a bit.  My dad passed away about five years ago after a long battle with cancer and related illnesses robbed him of his final decade.  The first picture you posted...man, that is the rare photograph that perfectly captures its intended scene and in so doing conjures up emotions within the viewer.  The second... @Brisketexan nailed it.  Any words I might add would fail to add anything of significance. What I wouldn't give for a weekend such as the one you brilliantly captured in two pictures.  

• Like 1