Hey Steel Shank!

1 hour ago, smuggs said:

I mean it was invented by Dr. James Salisbury, right here in the United States of America. The man who believed that a diet rife with beef and devoid of fruits and vegetables was the path to a long healthy life. Are we going to split hairs here?

I had no idea about this. I thought that it was an oddly specific joke I was missing..

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

Are there tense board meetings, full of sale charts and sweat-covered brows, where Banquet execs are yelling "DAMMIT....we're getting close to year-end and we're BARELY beating On-Cor!  WE'RE BANQUET, GODDAMIT!!!  WE HAVE TO BE #1!!!"?

actually, I bet that’s exactly how it happens. 

10 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

I like how it's "America's #1 Salisbury Steak Brand" -- is the frozen salisbury steak space that competitive? 

Are there tense board meetings, full of sale charts and sweat-covered brows, where Banquet execs are yelling "DAMMIT....we're getting close to year-end and we're BARELY beating On-Cor!  WE'RE BANQUET, GODDAMIT!!!  WE HAVE TO BE #1!!!"?

On-Cor Salisbury steak sucks, btw. 

And the local H-E-B's don't carry the Banquet family pack..too fancy. So I had to go to Sellers Bros. in the hood. 

28 minutes ago, Jack Straw said:

yummmm.  every year after Christmas and/or Easter i attempt to break my previous year's record of number of mini sandwiches consumed made with these and the leftover Honeybaked ham 

Ham, topped with swiss, with the cheese melted and browned under the broiler.  Perfection.

23 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Ham, topped with swiss, with the cheese melted and browned under the broiler.  Perfection.

for real - and the first one with mayo, next one with whole grain mustard, next one with the Whip, next one with Cajun mustard, throw in a tomato slice on the next one, add some sliced pikled japs on the next one, and on and on and on.

3 minutes ago, Jack Straw said:

for real - and the first one with mayo, next one with whole grain mustard, next one with the Whip, next one with Cajun mustard, throw in a tomato slice on the next one, add some sliced pikled japs on the next one, and on and on and on.

sounds like my approach to a few dozen raw oysters.  one naked, then squeeze of lemon, next some hot sauce, then horse radish, then worcestershire, etc.

• Like 2

On 2/11/2020 at 5:29 PM, ChickenSandwich said:

This is what’s on the overhead projector in the Banquet board room. The fear is real 

49522657738_57d2245ce5_b.jpg

csb/ My Dad lived in the Goodall Wooten in the early '60's and ate every meal (supposedly) at Night Hawk on the corner of MLK (19th Street according to him) and Guadalupe.  When we were kids in the '70's, we would stop there for lunch on our way traveling through Austin.

8 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Is that Donkey Kong on the TV in the background?

Fuck I wish. Roku screen saver

Unpictured bonus: shoveled the sandwich "debris" into the small amount of leftover chili and had a tiny frito pie.

Anyway, thanks for the recognition, gents. Off to the bidet meta thread.

Edited by irishtexan
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, irishtexan said:

9a1562f4c95b6f139626524a571f2901.jpg9955b43d8de34b3eeb799200528381cc.jpg

Chili cheese dog sandwich topped with the standard cheddar and onion and pickled japs. Also featuring HEB ghost pepper ranch corn tortillas.

I'd put that in my pie hole and gouge on it.  FRRT-FRRT

those fritos are legit.  excellent application.  

the judges deduct one point for missed opportunity to throw a slice of pizza from that box next to you inside the patty melt. otherwise, strong effort. 

I did think of it, but I had the same pizza for lunch (work brought it in and I took home leftovers for the kids).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk