Hey Steel Shank!

1 minute ago, Orange&White said:

Excuse me?

Is surly really going to let this go by without comment?

Why not?  Slow-roasted/braised brisket makes fantastic carne deshebrada, one of my favorite tacos.  And a good jewish-style roasted brisket can be plenty tasty.  Smoked ain't the only way to cook a brisket.

• Like 4

15 hours ago, Braff Zacklin said:

Repped for sausage inception.

Yes, sausage as a topping.

giphy.gif

Which also reminds me I have a brisket hamburger patty and a half link of jap sausage in the fridge so I will replicate to the best of my ability tonight.

Edited by davidg
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

Why not?  Slow-roasted/braised brisket makes fantastic carne deshebrada, one of my favorite tacos.  

man, me too.  where can i get a great deshebrada taco in austin (once austin opens up again)? 

my go to was the taco counter at the back of la moreliana on south congress, but i understand that is no more

15 minutes ago, Jack Straw said:

man, me too.  where can i get a great deshebrada taco in austin (once austin opens up again)? 

my go to was the taco counter at the back of la moreliana on south congress, but i understand that is no more

Really can't be found -- there used to be a trailer at the Shell at 2222 and Mopac that had a good one, but they've been gone for years.  I just make my own.  It's a great thing to make when you're having a group over (because it makes a lot).

Quick snack using random shit in the kitchen:
I had one hot dog bun sitting around, cut it in half.
Add peanut butter and pickle.  Add some honey - the thick stuff that you have to scoop out with a spoon.

KuEHZm0VbE8W10QUZrhmyheLOcYXLtXspUa_1pk3QfMQwL6cOYkvAN20tGwqRVpks8CjaEHl7niQw8PmrXLQfIfxpeTB46qADCvR79ejqeK_UcV9PHjYh1VMOuNvUPXYHCDGQ-Py2gp5dFhTwY6aFVVjDWHRy4it6c4mnC8qPZf1cO13NmC5OV3OSZgdE5EUbzW7pqpBIdRZSk7wwEOoJd9f_HubctpJD9-44vPOJRZQCHqx-lq_45HvPk-zSwBlgPHWhlYCX91S84QDqL02PhwZRjouSKAZIL6W2C2bXUBP0walCJ2UGaun7huyQpLhqwntInRmnH-HkPbANfyeqcMKsWNBN7kQlrcRIrmikDoTxaAFPtUQ6XreU9JWol_WJrlwRKFdQ9wy4E2Aa3PQ0C-lm0RISr5NrRIqvTA1AvnaAXYMNzm7xTkATq_6JTr2wpybvaWu5e0RXTtxWMaECsS2zXsuQ6KND2VXMIxA4SDeFn7PyabViwgJhYvXjGYOULtbw2nVzjHmpXoZlQPuYQcQHiezuTzdsHAP_oMs6Miq6ZU2LVN5obJgfEZUj2oaGxgAUA6pJVUH8bZvlis7F8gL6Y7ouzBlSo95fvML8MkjctStfXvOsgIgvj0rIe3gp8swKsvLbJW7sd0SdWMD36zJdRvUiOeWqsNVEWu8mAUu9UOm2CB7JyXy4DfR=w683-h910-no

Did you play a game where you close your eyes and grab 4 things and whatever you grab you have to make a meal of it?

2 hours ago, davidg said:

Which also reminds me I have a brisket hamburger patty and a half link of jap sausage in the fridge so I will replicate to the best of my ability tonight.

Wrap the link in the patty and smoke that mofo. Get fancy and wrap it in bacon first. Put it on a bolillo roll with some grilled japs and onions. 

Did you play a game where you close your eyes and grab 4 things and whatever you grab you have to make a meal of it?

Used to do that at the bar in college. Everyone that wanted to play got a piece of ice and had to close their eyes and throw the ice at the liquor selection. Whatever bottle the ice hit, a shot got added to the concoction. When everyone that wanted to play was done, you mixed all the bullshit together and everyone that played had a shot. Fucking awful usually but every now and again it would work out. Called it the Ray Charles game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk