Hey Steel Shank!

Judge Roybeanbag

The original Tobasco is fucking trash. Specialty flavors, sure ok. But anyone saying that all hot sauces are interchangeable might be a waterhead. Not even the Mexican or LA subsections are interchangeable. For fucks sake next someone is going to stumble in here like a drunk and say salsa is the same thing as hot sauce and I'm going to come completely uhinged. 

Cholula tastes nothing like Valentinas, which tastes nothing like Tapatio. We also might have an entire shelf in our fridge that holds nothing but various hot sauces. 

Just now, Mach 1 said:

Quarantine lunch.  Leftover short rib, jack cheese, green Chile sauce, avocado, and tying the room together crushed tortilla chips.IMG_5870.thumb.jpg.b1e18c46bc85cf7e6ccee59ead7b3c04.jpg

Still hungry so finished off the avocado with Cholula and some chicharrones

IMG_5872.thumb.jpg.ae9cfce9877c9e4d216f814963c7ef83.jpg

Avocado/guacamole on chicharrones is one of the greatest innovations Mexico ever brought to us.

2 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

So....do I rank those in lady order, or hot sauce order?

Cuz I got 1, 4, 2, 5, 3, 6.....and 3, 1, 5, 4, 6, 2.

jt method, to align with the fucked up direction this thread has taken.

HARRUMMPH!!1

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NateHitch said:

Tell me about those ghost pepper chips, no HEB in Dallas. Are they pretty spicy? I tried some ghost pepper chips from trader Joe's but they weren't even remotely spicy, was disappointed

might be able to find them at central market, though I have not verified that. 

They've bought a ton of lots in the dfw area. They bought a lot one mile from me but they're just sitting on them. Makes no sense to me, waiting for the right time I guess

I heard they bought a lot near me in McKinney but were planning to either sell or build a Central Market. Sure would be nice if they’d just build an HEB with a restaurant and bar like some of the others. The one I used to live by in Schertz is fantastic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

21 hours ago, wd40 said:

this is borderline 'lately shit', but I think the absence of greenery qualifies it here.  

Braf's sammich upthread reminded me I haven't offended my wife with sauerkraut in a while, so I picked some up, along with some knackwurst.  I backfilled my homemade curry ketchup stock recently (for which I expect to be crucified), and wanted to test drive it.

dinner a couple nights ago on what Trader Joe's generously refers to as "hotdog buns".  wife bought them.  I'm just taking out the trash.

spacer.png

wandering the internet for knackwurst ideas, I came across a thing called a sailor sandwich.  attempted one for lunch today.  pretty good, except I used sauerkraut instead of the peppers I didn't have.  SIPing, and whatnot.

spacer.png

I regret that I only have but one rep to give for this post.

17 hours ago, Covri said:

Nacho cheese Doritos, left over tri tip, sharp cheddar, Valentina black label, extra salsa. 

spacer.png

this like a jazz composition, what with all the layers and complexity, and all.  but still a unified, cohesive whole.  call it "Kind of Cheese".

• Like 1