Hey Steel Shank!

Judge Roybeanbag

Actually, it should be Goldilocks gravy -- not too thick, not too thin.....JUST right.
And to make it even weirder, if you are a South Texas mexican like my dad.....you mix ketchup in the gravy.  This is a man who doesn't eat ketchup on anything, but when we get CFS, there it is.  He's been doing that since childhood, and so do all of his running buddies from down there.  It's a local thing, and I've seen a bunch of em do it.

I can’t remember where I had it but I once had a CFS with queso on it. That shit was delicious.

7 hours ago, threesheets said:

Any kid that grew up in this country in the 60s-80s should get a medal of valor for eating the shit our mother's would whip up at home.  Especially the 60s.  Jello salads, "chicken a la king," all that shit.  Luckily I was an 80s kid, so the crazy shit that these companies were tricking housewives into making (torturing their families with) at home had tapered off quite a bit.  Still "kit" meals, but at least we were getting sloppy joes and Rice A Roni.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

46 minutes ago, Orange&White said:

I'm "that guy" you see at the restaurant taking the top off of those dainty fucking pepper shakers that you can't possibly get anything out of.

Indeed.  Great minds and all that.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

Actually, it should be Goldilocks gravy -- not too thick, not too thin.....JUST right.

And to make it even weirder, if you are a South Texas mexican like my dad.....you mix ketchup in the gravy.  This is a man who doesn't eat ketchup on anything, but when we get CFS, there it is.  He's been doing that since childhood, and so do all of his running buddies from down there.  It's a local thing, and I've seen a bunch of em do it.

Hell yes on the ketchup.  I've done that my whole life.  I've gotten some strange looks from restaurant employees and even had one waitress bring the cook out to see "what the hell I was doing to her fine cooking".

Edited by SHOOTER12

2 minutes ago, SHOOTER12 said:

Hell yes on the ketchup.  I've done that my whole life.  I've gotten some strange looks from restaurant employees and even had one waitress bring the cook out to see "what the hell I was doing to her fine cooking".

Lol fuck that, it’s white gravy not a steak. Do what you want with it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Orange&White said:

I just want to go on record to say that there is no such thing as "too much black pepper".

I'm "that guy" you see at the restaurant taking the top off of those dainty fucking pepper shakers that you can't possibly get anything out of.

... brother?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Orange&White said:

I just want to go on record to say that there is no such thing as "too much black pepper".

waitress:  would you like some fresh ground pepper on that?

me: yes 

waitress: say when

me: when your wrist starts to get tired

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Judge Roybeanbag said:

Somewhere on this thread you’ll see I made a sandwich with leftover CFS, gravy and ketchup.

The Brush Country Inn in Riviera Beach used to sell "the saddle blanket" -- it was a big old round steak CFS style.  Covered an oval platter completely.  You'd eat about half, grab some extra Texas toast and gravy, and the next coupla days while fishing, make cold CFS and gravy sammiches to eat, fishy hands and all.  It was glorious.

1 hour ago, Brisketexan said:

The Brush Country Inn in Riviera Beach used to sell "the saddle blanket" -- it was a big old round steak CFS style.  Covered an oval platter completely.  You'd eat about half, grab some extra Texas toast and gravy, and the next coupla days while fishing, make cold CFS and gravy sammiches to eat, fishy hands and all.  It was glorious.

Did y'all catch a lot of fish?

3 minutes ago, Steel Shank said:

Did y'all catch a lot of fish?

Had family friends with a lighted pier out over the Laguna Salada arm of Baffin Bay, looking out at the King Ranch.  Back in the day....we used to slay schoolie trout.  We'd come home with 80 fish, regularly (two days of two man limits), and mix in a few flounder, reds, and drum.  And we'd crab during the day.  It was the good shit.  It's where I got hooked on fishing -- visited there when I was 9, mom was staying in town (Sarita) with family.  I was catching fish, and mom told me I had to come home.  I asked why -- I was fine and safe out there, there was food in the fridge, and I didn't want to leave, and there was a phone if I got in a pinch.  So she left me out there.  At age 9.  For three days.  I was in fucking heaven.  Different time, man.  And all I ate while she was gone was Doritos and some cokes - I was too busy fishing to eat.  When she came to pick me up, they brought javelina tamales.  I ate a dozen, easy.

Edited by Brisketexan
  • Like 8

Had family friends with a lighted pier out over the Laguna Salada arm of Baffin Bay, looking out at the King Ranch.  Back in the day....we used to slay schoolie trout.  We'd come home with 80 fish, regularly (two days of two man limits), and mix in a few flounder, reds, and drum.  And we'd crab during the day.  It was the good shit.  It's where I got hooked on fishing -- visited there when I was 9, mom was staying in town (Sarita) with family.  I was catching fish, and mom told me I had to come home.  I asked why -- I was fine and safe out there, there was food in the fridge, and I didn't want to leave, and there was a phone if I got in a pinch.  So she left me out there.  At age 9.  For three days.  I was in fucking heaven.  Different time, man.  And all I ate while she was gone was Doritos and some cokes - I was too busy fishing to eat.  When she came to pick me up, they brought javelina tamales.  I ate a dozen, easy.

I hunted near Tilden most of my childhood and through college. Seen many a javelina. Never once have I heard of javelina tamales. Now I feel like I missed out on something special.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Brisketexan said:

I'd kill to be there right now.  Sonofa....

That’s partly why I was in such a foul mood yesterday evening.  Had to cancel a fishing trip where I was planning on staying with a couple friends in a house on the beach.

Edited by Judge Roybeanbag

I hunted near Tilden most of my childhood and through college. Seen many a javelina. Never once have I heard of javelina tamales. Now I feel like I missed out on something special.

Had a client with a ranch near there. We would shoot them and give them to the ranch hands for just this purpose.
  • Like 1

super simple. Always good 

Flatten the chicken to uniform thickness. (Large zip lock, little oil in bag to prevent sticking and Burbon bottle for smashing). Little less then an inch thick when done

I use 1-2 eggs (beaten with a little salt and black pepper) as a wash and seasoned flour (Cajun style - whatever you like with lots of Cayenne pepper) for the base.

Start with egg, then to flour, Back to egg, back to flour. Shake excess and let sit for at least 30 mins before going into oil. 

Peanut Oil is 325-350 for ten mins side. Toss in your wing sauce (franks, aardvark and butter here).  Enjoy. I was out of blue cheese though. 

• Like 1

My shitty flipping skills thwarted my attempt at an omelet, so here’s an egg scramble. 3 eggs, Canadian bacon, black olives, tomatoes, red japs, red bell and Simple Truth jalapeño hot sauce (surprisingly tasty).

It’s a Bloody Mary Morning. ec58885ac6cfc8dd73d3d50f9b94ee50.jpg

• Like 1

1 part Ketchup

1 part Heinz 57 steak sauce

dash of Worcestershire

cayenne pepper

Combine together and spread on both sides of burger patty with salt and pepper. 

Proceed to slap yo momma bc you just made the best burger you've ever cooked.