Hey Steel Shank!

Judge Roybeanbag

The two posts above yours used leftovers for their creations. This is an essential aspect of this thread. Or you get the food from an Alsup's (or equivalent). Paper plates lend authenticity.

Still a very handsome sandwich. Consider it SS Approved.

Edited by Steel Shank
  • Like 2

31 minutes ago, Steel Shank said:

The two posts above yours used leftovers for their creations. This is an essential aspect of this thread. Or you get the food from an Alsup's (or equivalent). Paper plates lend authenticity.

Still a very handsome sandwich. Consider it SS Approved.

Wait. when did we get rules for this thread?? I though it was diabeetus 

But @cam4mav that shits too good looking for here. Needs Crystals. or chulola

Edited by Jameslaw121
  • Like 1

Hmmm interesting. Leftovers was not on my bingo card haha.

JLaw - I'm so bored during quarantine I might just make two versions of a meal at this point one for SICL and one for HSS 🤣

Edited by cam4mav
  • Like 1

that's more of a shit i've cooked lately sandwich.  though plating is part (a lot) of it.  paper plate and sauced with a devil may care attitude?  here.  actual plate your wife approves of and sauced with a delicate touch?  shit i've cooked lately. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, elfenix said:

that's more of a shit i've cooked lately sandwich.  though plating is part (a lot) of it.  paper plate and sauced with a devil may care attitude?  here.  actual plate your wife approves of and sauced with a delicate touch?  shit i've cooked lately. 

So. saucing my wife would like SICL. Saucing South Austins Mom - HSS??

4 hours ago, cam4mav said:

More practice at the one pan egg sandwich, thanks Kenji. 34d6d8cef005cd1786beeda90a3fc4a8.jpg

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

How’s that De Buyers omelette pan?  Eyeballing this as my next non stick egg pan purchase.  Every Teflon brand we’ve had before had the suckage, even the expensive one. 

How’s that De Buyers omelette pan?  Eyeballing this as my next non stick egg pan purchase.  Every Teflon brand we’ve had before had the suckage, even the expensive one. 

Not even De Buyers, that's a lodge 10" had it about 3 weeks now and love it*. Handles fried eggs and scrambled or omelets easily.

*Side note, got the lodge but it is thinner than other nice more expensive makes. It has already warped a bit. Even worse warping on the 12" I also got at the same time.

Other side note, quarantine boredom led me to try sanding the 10" to try and get the smooth surface you get on the nicer ones like De Buyers. Spent about and hour and like $15 on sand paper. End result actually was very very nice and I'm very happy with it. Very non stick and got there quickly.

That said, spend the extra money on the De Buyers etc cause it is less likely to warp (thicker) and comes smooth AF out of the box. Just have to wash the wax off and season first but that's easy. Live and learn.

If it didn't warp I'd say go lodge and make it yours and after sanding cause it's unique at that point. It is thinner though and warping was a common complaint in Amazon review comments.

Edit: I do appreciate the irony of this question on this thread of all the threads

50 minutes ago, smuggs said:

I see the Mexican flag. Draped over Detective Sonny Crockett's Metro-Dade Police Department badge.

There you go, snubbing Tubbs....again.  Tubbs never gets any credit, any mention.  But he kept Crockett out of the shit more times than I can count.  Fucking Tubbs, man -- hero of the 80s, and I've had enough of the snubs.  ENOUGH!

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

There you go, snubbing Tubbs....again.  Tubbs never gets any credit, any mention.  But he kept Crockett out of the shit more times than I can count.  Fucking Tubbs, man -- hero of the 80s, and I've had enough of the snubs.  ENOUGH!

Tubbs knocked up the drug lord's dude-lookin' daughter and damn near got himself and Crockett both killed. Then eventually did wind up getting her killed.

Respect the game. The game cannot play you, playa. The dude was unfit to wear the polyester blazer...

7 minutes ago, smuggs said:

Tubbs knocked up the drug lord's dude-lookin' daughter and damn near got himself and Crockett both killed. Then eventually did wind up getting her killed.

Respect the game. The game cannot play you, playa. The dude was unfit to wear the polyester blazer...

Polyester?  POLYESTER?  Don't you go putting Crockett's slacker-ass fashion choices onto Tubbs.  Tubbs knew what fine tropical-weight wool threads should look like:

0608020917.JPG

On 5/4/2020 at 6:29 PM, elfenix said:

we need to bring back the Check Out This Fucking Sandwich thread

• Like 2