Hey Steel Shank!

Judge Roybeanbag

On 8/31/2020 at 10:23 AM, Shoxthemonkey said:

I bought my wife a food processor years ago but she insists on clamping her grandma's old crank grinder to the edge of the countertop and whaling away on just about anything.  Says the texture is so much better. Whatever, it's delicious.

One of my fondest memories is of watching my grandmother clamp her old grinder to the kitchen table and crank out fresh pimento cheese for sandwiches.  

22 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

Wife away for a couple of days. The boy and I thus selected our own menu. Just some spicy dark with taters and okra.

9afc16d5f50d551d7955a4110ccd3b3c.jpg

The plate is melamine/plastic Texas flag pattern we got at HEB probably 15 yrs ago.

what’s the background on this meal?  where from?

Edited by futureman

1 hour ago, Llano Estacado said:

Is she putting crawfish tails on poutine?
Or maybe making goose tamales? Maple syrup on a cabrito pierogi?

This thread demands answers!

The girl lives in Montreal.....and doesn't care for poutine (except as an occasional drunk snack).

The boy lives in Texas....and would eat poutine for every meal.

The universe has no taste for justice.

She HAS found a coupla local stores that sell comestibles suitable for making mexican food at home, so she's working on educating the Canucks.

2 minutes ago, elfenix said:

Leftover boudin snacc
c7bdb628051ffb33424102a379027ce3.jpg

Sometimes it's not all about pickled jalapeños. Sometimes you just need a good ol' fashion crinkle cut pickle.

Well done sir. Let's get this country back to it's family values. Let's wake up and go to church on Sunday and mow the lawn. Let's put a pickle on a saltine with boudin not because it might be delicious but because it's the right thing to do, God dammit.

3 hours ago, elfenix said:

Leftover boudin snacc
c7bdb628051ffb33424102a379027ce3.jpg

I don't have a long background in cajun food but I have quickly become convinced boudin is the perfect food for me.

I would eat that, with some sliced sharp cheddar and cholula 24/7

I had to settle for some Pittsburg hot links tonight, not actual pic since i forgot but historically accuratespacer.png

Edited by pacman

15 hours ago, Hank_Hill said:

Sometimes you’re out of tortilla chips and a Buffalo chicken dip taco is your only move.
9-E1-E26-C9-57-C1-413-A-8-EA1-3333604-F4

spacer.png

Outstanding, sir.  Simply outstanding. Rolling with a paper towel, not even bothering with a paper plate, adds a point on my scorecard.

Edited by Dutch
  • Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, futureman said:

how does that even happen?  or why?

When your kids are little want to go to Red Lobster for example, they get tartar and remoulade sauce in those little things.  Then when they pack their to-go container, they just put it in there.  Over the years we ended up with 3 or 4 of them.  Only good thing to come from Red Lobster, except the biscuits.

2 hours ago, Judge Roybeanbag said:

a stolen condiment bowl from some restaurant.

1 hour ago, Judge Roybeanbag said:

Then when they pack their to-go container, they just put it in there.  Over the years we ended up with 3 or 4 of them. 

3 minutes ago, NorthLoop said:

Or your wife is a little klepto, like mine. 

Yep, yep, and yep. I see we aren’t the only household who has a few of those. And by “a few” I mean like 10. 

I mean the labor involved in transferring the tartar sauce from the restaurant delivery vehicle to a less expensive plastic container isn’t worth the squeeze.  If it were, they would put it in plastic to-go containers in the first place.  Unless they’re dumb.  Which would explain 2020 America.