Hey Steel Shank!

I AM a big fan of the homemade Egg McMuffin.  Except that one time I made one before work to eat in the car, and didn't cook the egg all the way through, took a bite, and 498 gallons of egg yolk gushed out and fell on my shirt.

Wasn't too far from home, turned around and went home and changed shirts....after I finished my breakfast, of course.

26 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

I AM a big fan of the homemade Egg McMuffin.  Except that one time I made one before work to eat in the car, and didn't cook the egg all the way through, took a bite, and 498 gallons of egg yolk gushed out and fell on my shirt.

Wasn't too far from home, turned around and went home and changed shirts....after I finished my breakfast, of course.

You sucked the yolk out of the shirt before you changed it, right?

• Hook 'Em 1

6 hours ago, PatrickMcHorn said:

Leftover biscuits and leftover Carne guisada. How either exist as leftovers I'm still unsure, but I'm happy they're here with me today. b763e67bbe974b5a8e22c0893c90e164.jpg

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

I'm trying to wrap my head around eating carne guisada on anything but a tortilla... but yeah, I'd smash that.

I'm completely intrigued. It's like a West Side San Antonio version of biscuits and gravy. How was it?

I'm trying to wrap my head around eating carne guisada on anything but a tortilla... but yeah, I'd smash that.
I'm completely intrigued. It's like a West Side San Antonio version of biscuits and gravy. How was it?
It was excellent man. This sounds sacrilegious, but I wish the biscuits were less buttery. That kind of clashed, but I'd eat the shit out of it again if the opportunity presented itself.

3 minutes ago, PatrickMcHorn said:

It was excellent man. This sounds sacrilegious, but I wish the biscuits were less buttery. That kind of clashed, but I'd eat the shit out of it again if the opportunity presented itself.

Not sacrilegious at all. That was actually why I asked because it seems like the butter from those pillsbury biscuits wouldn't mesh so well with the guisada. I mean, I couldn't imagine putting butter on a tortilla and loading it up with carne guisada. But on a non-buttery, bisquick-type homemade biscuit? That would be the shit. 

6657b99b36c2a83da68a7f58f1862cbf.jpg

Had some Tapatio carnitas leftovers from Christina’s. Threw them in a to-go bowl with what queso, guac, and salsa remained at the table. The server was, without my asking, kind enough to bring two extra torts along with my to-go bowl (this always bumps up the tip in my book). Reheated nicely for lunch, and a thin schmear of refried beans betwixt the torts worked as a fine compliment to the medley of flavors. Slammed.

Edited by Dutch
I know, I know... an ice cold Bud Light is missing, so I'll accept a deduction (work and all).
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

On 9/25/2020 at 9:40 PM, wd40 said:

on that note, I call this piece "Neo-Cubist Mixed Media Muffuletta Tittyfuck, with Pickle".

spacer.png

I'd forgotten I had a jar of that Central Grocery olive mix.  but I got a hankerin' when I found it in the fridge, so I just made do.

On 9/26/2020 at 3:30 PM, Braff Zacklin said:

Had some surimi that'd been hiding in the freezer for nearly a year, so decided to make krab cakes for today's game.

Fried a few on the stove ...

20200926-134734.jpg

... and broiled the rest.

20200926-141752.jpg

Happy tummies all around.

20200926-135108.jpg

Definitely the best use of surimi.

I had to scroll up to check what thread I was in for a second.

• Hook 'Em 1

What is that called. I need one.

What I love about honey ham is that they will make whatever the f you want if they have the ingredients.

GB: You still have those slider buns?
THH: Yep!”

GB : Ok. Give me 2 sliders with brisket, sautéed onions, serranos, Swiss and a side of queso.

THH: You want the spicy bbq sauce on that?”

GB: Yes.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Gardner Barnes said:

What I love about honey ham is that they will make whatever the f you want if they have the ingredients.

GB : Ok. Give me 2 sliders with brisket, sautéed onions, serranos, Swiss and a side of queso.

Its glorious

1 hour ago, Gardner Barnes said:

• Like 1

On 9/30/2020 at 12:28 PM, Gardner Barnes said:

They forgot to sautee your onions but looks good

On 9/30/2020 at 12:47 PM, UTPhil2006 said:

Its glorious

What's glorious is the way Phil and his staff at Prodigy helped me refinance our loan with professionalism, speed and guile.

If Prodigy were a sandwich, it'd be magnificent, tasty and eye-catching.

Edited by Steel Shank
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, CooterBrown said:

One with queso and one with chili. It’s like two fat chicks at the same time. When you’re done, instant regret.

Maybe I am reading too much into this, but this statement seems like it may be based upon actual events.

Also, this could work as a new Surly motto.

Bought some Spam fries, cooked em in the oven. Also reheated some leftover tots and fries, for a healthy Friday lunch:

79d4176d65a4676a38d8e1db487ef9bc.jpg
Ok, how were the spam fries? Almost grabbed some the other day but went with a Tony's pizza and ice cream instead because of my health.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Sourdough, chedder, pickled japs, hot “gabbagool”, Buffalo turkey, ham, moar chedder. Toasting the bread on both sides before assembly is the way to go, but Shank has already learned us up on that finer culinary point.

3e01894d68c2965b6508a4596236722e.jpg

Edited by Dutch
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2