Hey Steel Shank!

52 minutes ago, Steel Shank said:

The question all of surly is thinking: did you consider just putting the chili directly on the Fritos and nuggets? Seems obvious to these eyes.

I warmed the chili up on the plate first and decided to use the Fritos and Dinonuggets as dipping mechanisms, but it all ended up mixed together half way through anyways. I’ve found the Fritos get soggy if I microwave them with the chili so they usual get mixed in last on reheat of Frito pies.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, Covri said:

I warmed the chili up on the plate first and decided to use the Fritos and Dinonuggets as dipping mechanisms, but it all ended up mixed together half way through anyways. I’ve found the Fritos get soggy if I microwave them with the chili so they usual get mixed in last on reheat of Frito pies.

This is what I do. Or microwave the chili, then add cheese, microwave about 30 more seconds, then Fritos and Onions on top. 

Edited by Jameslaw121

5 hours ago, Steel Shank said:

The question all of surly is thinking: did you consider just putting the chili directly on the Fritos and nuggets? Seems obvious to these eyes.

Sure. But then he considered the odds of him sitting down to eat your suggested masterpiece and his wife joining him to tell him “really quickly” about the phone call she just had with her mom. By the time our guy gets done hearing about how his sister-in-law’s cousin’s brother called the kid of the neighbor three houses down a brat, and did you know the church potluck got canceled because of this ice, but should we even have had it to start with, you know because of the virus and all that, well, those delicious corn chips and dinosaurs are reduced to a mush of sad desperation. 
At least that’s what I would have been thinking when I made that plate. 

• Hook 'Em 1

21 minutes ago, Braff Zacklin said:

Never figured the Shank to be a micromanager. But Frito pie one of life's simple treasures, so perhaps some standards are in order.

Maybe I'm overthinking it. This thread is about free-styling. Everyone is free to prepare delicious meals of left-overs, canned foods. frozen foods, chips, queso and hot sauce.

Just honest posters trying to get through these crazy times.

Let it be so.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, BradInATX said:

Wife sent me out for a few groceries yesterday, cheese being one of them. All I could find was Rico cheese in a can.

2021 blizzard chili cheese ballpark naoch. Forgive me for the hoity toity actual plate. Ran out of proper paper china.

92a860d0d310414bccf8f1d5cc55ff41.jpg

Got a can of that  and wolf brand chili ready for the weekend!

• Hook 'Em 2

On 2/19/2021 at 12:27 PM, ChickenSandwich said:

God bless Texan Mart

50959334863_3d60839e0a_b.jpg

+rep.  Man I haven’t seen those peanut butter crackers in forever. What a blast from the 90s. My sister-in-law doesn’t have her shit together and more often than not we have her four kids. We try to eat healthy, but sometimes when it’s my night to cook, a pound of hot Italian sausage and a couple cans of spaghetti-os hits the spot. 
And hormel chunky beef no beans for the win, but hard to find in the upper Midwest. 

• Hook 'Em 1

18 minutes ago, Kennythetiger said:

+rep.  Man I haven’t seen those peanut butter crackers in forever. What a blast from the 90s. My sister-in-law doesn’t have her shit together and more often than not we have her four kids. We try to eat healthy, but sometimes when it’s my night to cook, a pound of hot Italian sausage and a couple cans of spaghetti-os hits the spot. 
And hormel chunky beef no beans for the win, but hard to find in the upper Midwest. 

I completely read that wrong. 

• Haha 1

Made @Judge Roybeanbag’s burgers tonight, pretty damn good. Not a big meatloaf fan, so not sure I’ve ever baked raw hamburger before. Added fresh chopped japs in the meat mixture. Only thing I’d change is slightly toast the buns first, & a good slice of tomato at the end would slam. 

• Hook 'Em 1

56 minutes ago, shadow_operative2.0 said:

Made @Judge Roybeanbag’s burgers tonight, pretty damn good. Not a big meatloaf fan, so not sure I’ve ever baked raw hamburger before. Added fresh chopped japs in the meat mixture. Only thing I’d change is slightly toast the buns first, & a good slice of tomato at the end would slam. 

I should have mentioned to have the oven preheated to 400 before you stick them in.  Then after 10 or 12 minutes, put it on broil for 4 or 5.  Will generally get the buns fairly crisp.  But yeah toasting them a little first would work too.

This was my first time enjoying meatballs, tater-tots and queso together. That you have a long history with this toothsome dish makes me think we may need to rename this thread.

Well, I was being broad: meat substance (meatballs, leftover taco meat, broken up leftover burger, etc), tots, cheese, and most importantly, jalapeños.
  • Hook 'Em 1