Hey Steel Shank!

i feel like i might finally have something appropriate for this thread ...
leftover Black's - beef rib, pork rib, chicken - nachos with homemade tostada chips and all the fixins...vegs, pico, jalapenos, etc. only thing missing was avocado, but didn't miss 'em. no beans bc husband does not like. also not missed. 
burnt the chip edges slightly, 10 seconds too long under the broiler... did not pose an obstacle lol
20210329_194447.thumb.jpg.ea9579c37af1aff499cf2c55e16afbfd.jpg
20210329_200030.thumb.jpg.fc30906c2e32f89a3aadb69960213d87.jpg

You’ve been a woman posting on this board for years....and that’s the sexiest thing you’ve ever posted.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3

If a 4-piece fried chicken with beef fat French fries ain’t Steel Shank worthy, there ain’t much that is.

Never realized that it was only $7 at Bill Miller. That’s a very bad thing.
8fe4f3b235a60b2aeb9ed833b8d414c2.jpg
I haven't been to a bill Miller since college. They must be the only chain that still use beef fat for the fries. No wonder they are so good. Stupid heart association and corn lobby.

I haven't been to a bill Miller since college. They must be the only chain that still use beef fat for the fries. No wonder they are so good. Stupid heart association and corn lobby.

They do, and it’s f’n amazing. The difference between beef fat fries and all others....is galactic.

i feel like i might finally have something appropriate for this thread ...
leftover Black's - beef rib, pork rib, chicken - nachos with homemade tostada chips and all the fixins...vegs, pico, jalapenos, etc. only thing missing was avocado, but didn't miss 'em. no beans bc husband does not like. also not missed. 
burnt the chip edges slightly, 10 seconds too long under the broiler... did not pose an obstacle lol
20210329_194447.thumb.jpg.ea9579c37af1aff499cf2c55e16afbfd.jpg
20210329_200030.thumb.jpg.fc30906c2e32f89a3aadb69960213d87.jpg

Looks pretty badass. I’d hit it.
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, threesheets said:

You'd be surprised @Dutch.  They're rich as hell (roast is basically poached in butter) and there's so much seasoning it doesn't take long to get your fill of salt.  Adding some raw onions on the next plate (possibly sometime in the next few hours).

I wouldn't be surprised. He just posted what he ate for breakfast. At work. 

8 hours ago, Dutch said:

Nice... I've seen "Mississippi roast" recipes but hesitated.  Going to try one now.  

I'd destroy about five of those sliders.

It is solid. We do one every few weeks instead of a standard roast. I go the rice route rather than the sammich route, but I may have to give that a shot. I go lighter on the butter with some beef broth for liquid and it still comes out fine. Brown gravy mix, ranch dressing mix, and a few peppers also.

11 hours ago, Da Fino said:

I have given up on skinning with these. They got moved to the kitchen when the havalon got invented.

Haven't done the havalon yet, know a lotta friends who do and love em.  I've just made sure my blades are super sharp each year, and for the 2-4 deer I clean, they do fine.

• Hook 'Em 1

On 3/31/2021 at 10:46 PM, Brew said:

It is solid. We do one every few weeks instead of a standard roast. I go the rice route rather than the sammich route, but I may have to give that a shot. I go lighter on the butter with some beef broth for liquid and it still comes out fine. Brown gravy mix, ranch dressing mix, and a few peppers also.

You can just halve the butter and do nothing else and it comes out pretty much the same. And the leftovers won’t look like 75% solidified butter.

It’s great though either way and with a side of mashed cauliflower pretty keto friendly. 

On 3/31/2021 at 2:01 PM, threesheets said:

Dude.  It's freaking delicious.  Here's a couple of sliders with pepper jack and trader joe's jalapeno.

20210331-135218.jpg

Made these tonight with the jap sauce below, shit fucking slammed. Thanks to both of you. 

On 1/1/2021 at 10:55 PM, BigDHornfan said:

6 japs
3 cloves garlic
1/4 cup olive oil
Handful of cilantro
1/2 tsp kosher salt

Boil peppers and peeled garlic for 20 minutes
Then take and put them in ice water to cool off.
Once cool, cut stems off peppers and put them,garlic, oil , cilantro(stems and leaves) and salt in blender.
Liquefy that shit.
Keeps in the fridge for a couple weeks
Profit.

378fb4169ae4bb19faa65c54e821e605.jpg

• Like 1

On 4/4/2021 at 12:54 PM, RPM said:

This may be from the bad takes forum, but Sriracha is overfuckinrated. Too much garlic and vinegar. Gimme Louisiana erryday.

While I agree there are better versions of Sriracha, Louisiana is a completely different genre utilized for different things 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

the last of an heb roto chicken, reheated in the skillet.  the last of some sour cream, turned into a half-assed tziki sauce with some dill and whatnot.  chili garlic paste because I don't have any pepper relish.  actual pita bread, for some reason.  sorta tryna grow my eyebrows together.

spacer.png

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 3
  • Drool 2

1 hour ago, wd40 said:

the last of an heb roto chicken, reheated in the skillet.  the last of some sour cream, turned into a half-assed tziki sauce with some dill and whatnot.  chili garlic paste because I don't have any pepper relish.  actual pita bread, for some reason.  sorta tryna grow my eyebrows together.

spacer.png

Damn Son! 

6 hours ago, wd40 said:

spacer.png

People, listen to me. This is the essence. The raison deter. Don't be afraid. Let the love light shine upon you.

The other night, was on my own for dinner. Grabbed a top notch longhorn special.

4aac81cb046fbba5429bd50b18e97f7a.jpg

On its own, just a great call for dinner. But should I get onion rings? Or should I get tots?

Hmmmmm......

b925694586274d66f6ce2536ef64506d.jpg

Some problems are easy to solve, if you just commit.
Dazed was on the other night. It makes me happy that it's still there.
  • Like 1