Hey Steel Shank!

Judge Roybeanbag

On 4/10/2021 at 9:21 PM, Brisketexan said:

On its own, just a great call for dinner. But should I get onion rings? Or should I get tots?

Hmmmmm......

b925694586274d66f6ce2536ef64506d.jpg

Some problems are easy to solve, if you just commit.

Hot take - onion rings and tots are superior to fries about 90% of the time. 

On 4/11/2021 at 9:28 AM, Steel Shank said:

742616c94b94423cf9151974b4567b5d.jpg

You know what else is superior to fries - hash brown patties. Care to enlighten us on that hash brown patty? If an HEB were open, would one be able to procure those hash brown patties? 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, irishtexan said:

You know what else is superior to fries - hash brown patties. Care to enlighten us on that hash brown patty? If an HEB were open, would one be able to procure those hash brown patties? 

Those are, indeed, HEB hash brown patties. 11 minutes in the air fryer and you're in business. American slice, japs, hot sauce optional.

3 hours ago, irishtexan said:

Yep, and I'd go so far as to say 99.9% of the time.  I'll always go for tots or rings (or both) if the option presents it self. 

• Hook 'Em 2

5 minutes ago, Dutch said:

Yep, and I'd go so far as to say 99.9% of the time.  I'll always go for tots or rings (or both) if the option presents it self. 

So we are agreed -- while it is good that some places offer the fries and rings combo (called "frings"), it would be BETTER if it was a tots rings combo (tings? rots?  wadda we call em?)

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

So we are agreed -- while it is good that some places offer the fries and rings combo (called "frings"), it would be BETTER if it was a tots rings combo (tings? rots?  wadda we call em?)

Totally agree. I’ve often wondered this isn’t a thing. When I hear “you want tings with that?” I’ll know America is back on track.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Jameslaw121 said:

1) Onion Rings

2) Tots

3)Fries

However, the tots have to be pretty much cooked perfectly. If they're cold or not crunchy they taste like ass real quick

sonic chili cheese tots are great if you eat them right after the car hop delivers them, but will be dog's dinner if you try to take them home. 

• Hook 'Em 3

Awww, shit.  I done fucked up and made the list.  

Made these two beauts last year when the wife was out of town with some leftover tots in the freezer... 

Tots, gravy, eggs...

tots1.thumb.jpg.eb5f572327f3ab0bdf31df18c10f8a4e.jpg

Tots, chili, japs, sliced hotdogs, cheese...

tots.thumb.jpg.93bb2904fd54c3e9c9f11643caa90aa1.jpg

Although not a fan, I'm not averse to eating them. 

Edited by Underdog
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2

22 minutes ago, NateHitch said:

Onion rings are always the top option for me and tots are the main fixture when we do burgers at home but I do love me some hand cut fries that are done right

Well, that's the thing about onion rings.  They vary so wildly.  A good onion ring is a righteous experience.  A bad one just sucks ass.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Sbbruin said:

Well, that's the thing about onion rings.  They vary so wildly.  A good onion ring is a righteous experience.  A bad one just sucks ass.

This is also serious truth.  Mealy, overly processed rings are sadness.  Burger King's rings are....awful.

But I like all the well-done onion rings.  I like the crispy onion strings, I like the big, crispy battered 2-inch tall rings, I like the regular rings in a powdery crumbly batter.  I celebrate the fried onion family -- the good members of it, at least.

• Hook 'Em 2

31 minutes ago, NateHitch said:

Onion rings are always the top option for me and tots are the main fixture when we do burgers at home but I do love me some hand cut fries that are done right

Ain't nothing wrong with super well-done fries.  Again, I highly recommend the fries at Bill Miller BBQ -- cooked as God intended, in beef fat.

Why do I have to choose? Cant there be some type of gangbang style side that includes all of these?

I miss the fries from Players.  They’d give you an entire basket full of them and just set the burger on top.  RIP Players

gdi now I need fried things.  This thread is a slippery goddamn slope.  

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

52 minutes ago, hookemATL said:

Why do I have to choose? Cant there be some type of gangbang style side that includes all of these?

I miss the fries from Players.  They’d give you an entire basket full of them and just set the burger on top.  RIP Players

gdi now I need fried things.  This thread is a slippery goddamn slope.  

Players was the shit freshman year when the jester cafeteria was closed on Sundays. burger/fries/shake was a full meal. I'd murder one right now. 

• Hook 'Em 4

Got home very late last night (11:30) and had forgotten about a few pieces of prime Tenderloin that needed to be cooked for dinner and so there would be leftovers for lunch today. 
I’m sure there will be hate for the off brand steak sauce (Michelada fixings) but I’m hoping the accompanied paper towel plate and tortilla straight from the package can summon a possible vindication from those whose pallet is much more opulent.  

F96B63AE-577F-4198-8620-4D19557D2398.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 1

5 hours ago, Al Czervik said:

Got home very late last night (11:30) and had forgotten about a few pieces of prime Tenderloin that needed to be cooked for dinner and so there would be leftovers for lunch today. 
I’m sure there will be hate for the off brand steak sauce (Michelada fixings) but I’m hoping the accompanied paper towel plate and tortilla straight from the package can summon a possible vindication from those whose pallet is much more opulent.  

F96B63AE-577F-4198-8620-4D19557D2398.jpeg

I bet that shit was mighty tasty at 11:30. Nice work. I dig the two knives. Twice as cool as one.

18 hours ago, shadow_operative2.0 said:

Fried mushrooms with that good Ranch too... 

I think it was the now defunct Lone Star Cafe that had fantastic fried mushrooms.  They also had fried broccoli cheese bites. Damn those were good.  Shit that memory made me remember their jingle.

I want a chicken fried steak and a song by Willie, a cold Lone Star and a bowl of good chili, join me bubba for a choice filet, it’s a mighty fine place Lone Star Cafe

• Hook 'Em 2