Hey Steel Shank!

Needs to have the tort on a conveyor belt so that there is an even distribution of droppings, assuming an even rate of droppage . But I really like it. Funnel allows the eater to really let loose, freestyle, so to speak. And furthermore, you always get an additional taco, which is winning.

2 hours ago, Etexhorn13 said:

Felt lazy last night so we did breakfast for dinner. Had some frozen potatoes, an open pack of bacon I needed to finish, and egg. Juan in a million minus the bear claw handshake….

FB3723E1-7DDF-49CD-9759-D592F7065297.jpeg

920772F9-BDBE-47F2-AFE3-03A32E2E83A5.jpeg

I'll never understand how anyone has an open pack of bacon that needs to be finished. You open bacon, you cook it all, and then you eat it all. Leftover bacon, cooked or uncooked, is just wrong. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, ohchaucer said:

I’d like to learn more about whatever that green sauce is.

image.thumb.jpeg.6b8a37ffb9e1c773bc4dd7745e54380e.jpeg

A surly favorite, it’s basically the perfect breakfast taco topping. Can be found at most any HEB, and my friends back in Longview tell me Albertsons carries it as well if you aren’t in the HEB footprint. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

A surly favorite, it’s basically the perfect breakfast taco topping. Can be found at most any HEB, and my friends back in Longview tell me Albertsons carries it as well if you aren’t in the HEB footprint. 

I gotta tell ya….the Trader Joe’s version has become my favorite. I’m not a TJ fanboi (my wife loves the place, though), but that’s one of the things that that have nailed.
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

I gotta tell ya….the Trader Joe’s version has become my favorite. I’m not a TJ fanboi (my wife loves the place, though), but that’s one of the things that that have nailed.

I tried it, but to me the TJ version had too much sugar in it.  I'm sure it is minimal to most folks, but sugar in any salsa grinds my gears.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, UT_OB1 said:

1) is it really healthier for you than the traditional non stick

2) does it clean up well In the dishwasher?

1) everything I’ve read says they are 

2) I wouldn’t know, I’ve honestly never had to put it in a dishwasher. You could scramble eggs with no butter/olive oil spray/whatever and it will wipe right off with a sponge. The thing is awesome. 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, Etexhorn13 said:

I have tried, and like, every single one of the El Gallo salsas. I can say that they label the red jalapeno emulsification and the green jalapeno "mexican homestyle salsa" (which is more or a traditional table salsa) as "mild". They're not exceptionally spicy. But they're not suitable for people who are averse to spice. So don't make the same mistake I did by putting it on a kid's taco before you try it because it's labeled "mild". There's some kick in those two. 

1 hour ago, tigol said:

I tried it, but to me the TJ version had too much sugar in it.  I'm sure it is minimal to most folks, but sugar in any salsa grinds my gears.

yes. I got the TJ version on brisket’s past recommendation. it would be pretty close to perfect without the god damned sugar. the sweetness in every bite really pisses me off. 

Edited by futureman

4 minutes ago, futureman said:

yes. I got the TJ version on brisket’s past recommendation. it would be pretty close to perfect without the god damned sugar. the sweetness in every bite really pisses me off. 

You sure it doesn't grind your gears?  Ain't nobody got time for your bullshit.

1) everything I’ve read says they are 
2) I wouldn’t know, I’ve honestly never had to put it in a dishwasher. You could scramble eggs with no butter/olive oil spray/whatever and it will wipe right off with a sponge. The thing is awesome. 

I have a buddy that reps GOtham Steel and Granite Stone cookware and am constantly trying out new stuff of theirs. In general the claims made are accurate as long as you use it properly. The stuff cleans easily, it’s oven safe to 500 degrees, and dishwasher safe if you go that route. As etex says it cleans easily.

I’m not frying eggs without butter or bacon grease but you can cook without fat if you don’t overheat the pan. I use their 10in for frying eggs and they allow me to flip em over easy with a simple wrist action.

They can scratch if you use a knife or really sharp metal utensil but for the most part the surface is hard slick and clean. I favor two series they have. The Gotham Steel Copper Cast series has a black slightly textured interior that feels like cast iron. It cooks great and can seat better. I replaced all my stuff with their Hard Anodized pans which are a bit more expensive but heavy duty and cook great.

In sams the other day they had a 15pc hard anodized set for $129. They closing them out and looks like a hellacious value if you need to get some cookware.
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Underdog said:

image.thumb.jpeg.2bd55dd98a52c920d0d62c396deaadad.jpeg

Is this an “are you serious” meme?  Sad to say, I’m almost 40,married, and have 2 kids, but our cookware would probably shock and abhors most of you that aren’t college any more. But I’m trying to to learn. 

Based on the feedback, I may give a couple of these a try. 

• Hook 'Em 1

22 minutes ago, UT_OB1 said:

Is this an “are you serious” meme?  Sad to say, I’m almost 40,married, and have 2 kids, but our cookware would probably shock and abhors most of you that aren’t college any more. But I’m trying to to learn. 

30 minutes ago, UT_OB1 said:

When I read your post I just envisioned the slap chop/shamwow guy for some reason.  

2 hours ago, irishtexan said:

I have tried, and like, every single one of the El Gallo salsas. I can say that they label the red jalapeno emulsification and the green jalapeno "mexican homestyle salsa" (which is more or a traditional table salsa) as "mild". They're not exceptionally spicy. But they're not suitable for people who are averse to spice. So don't make the same mistake I did by putting it on a kid's taco before you try it because it's labeled "mild". There's some kick in those two. 

This is very true. I’ve got a pretty high tolerance for spice, but these aren’t even in the realm of mild. 

22 hours ago, UT_OB1 said:

Right there with you. I love to cook and I'm decent (despite my posts in this thread). One thing I asked for on our wedding registry (I was 40 for context) was a decent set of knives. I think they were like $120 on Macy register. One of my groomsman who easily could be a professional chef called me and told me to take that crap off my list and bought me a set that was like $500. 

Also, two of my favorite skillets came from some a thrift store like good will. One is perfect for omelets that i use about once a week and the other was a Sur La Table (about $120) that needed about an hour of scrubbing with some bartenders friend. 

The best value in kitchen cookware is from Victorinox. They are always way cheaper than Wusthof or Heinekens, hence their consistent “best value” rating in Cooks Illustrated. Swiss steel vs German steel. A lot of the Henkel and Wusthof you see these days are licensed and made in China. Swiss made.

1 hour ago, Texzilla58 said:

The best value in kitchen cookware is from Victorinox. They are always way cheaper than Wusthof or Heinekens, hence their consistent “best value” rating in Cooks Illustrated. Swiss steel vs German steel. A lot of the Henkel and Wusthof you see these days are licensed and made in China. Swiss made.

Mercer is a great value as well. 

On 5/15/2022 at 11:45 AM, Texzilla58 said:

I remember getting in an argument with someone on TOS way back when because I said I liked stamped knives better. I have a german made Wustoff and the cheapy victorinox with the plastic handle. I reach for the victorinox 90% of the time. I just prefer the thinner blade profile.