Hey Steel Shank!

Judge Roybeanbag

22 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

In this thread, this is all you should need:

1086562.jpg

Well, and maybe the beat up pocket knife you inherited from grandpa, for slicing summer sausage in the field and whatnot.

vintage-pocket-knife.jpg

@Steel ShankThis reminds me of a story. You mind if I tell it? Thanks

Years ago I was coon hunting with a buddy and his OLD man. We took a break to pass the flask and the old guy pulled out some plug Redman. He handed it to his kid, he took a bite and handed it to me. I pulled out my Granddad hand-me-down knife that looked very much like that and the old man went nuts. "Jeezus Christ! Use your teeth. I have no idea where that's been!" CSB

Edited by Shoxthemonkey
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Made a big skillet of breffis tacos on Monday.  This is the remains.  Bacon potato egg and cheese.  Ran out of refried beans last night which seems like a dang coachin mistake.  El Gallo salsa

I swear breakfast tacos are better a day or two later.

20220519_114611.thumb.jpg.08bf9665bc9f1686446f08f5ca8cfd4f.jpg

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

At the house, the condiment of choice for a sausage wrap is queso (and preferably leftover queso, where the flavors have had an evening to get to know each other), but mustard is a very acceptable alternative. For a "road sausage" at a bbq joint, mustard.

• Hook 'Em 2

At the house, the condiment of choice for a sausage wrap is queso (and preferably leftover queso, where the flavors have had an evening to get to know each other), but mustard is a very acceptable alternative. For a "road sausage" at a bbq joint, mustard.

I had no queso as my wife ate all of it. That andouille is really fat and adding regular cheese makes it really heavy.

I also like this with a sausage, chili, onions and cheese.

39 minutes ago, Cheeseweasel said:

Silverware. Fancy plate. No cheese hinge.

Cheese hinge: That’s on you for not having enough “stuff” to make it fork or spoon only. 

Silverware/Fancy plates:  When at distant relatives for holidays and next morning you pile about 6 layers of leftovers on said fancy plate and pop in microwave and host screams at “what are you doing”

You calmly reply “I am shanking, what are you doing.”  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Texzilla58 said:

The real star are those tortillas. Most suck but these cook up thin and puffy.

Are they better than the HEB variety? The mi tienda are really the only tortillas I use these days, but they are also the only brand Ive tried once I started cooking these up on a comal. 

Mi Tienda Ready To Cook Flour Tortillas - 36 ct

1 hour ago, Zepol87 said:

Woke up hungover as hell and wanted chilaquilles. Made fajitas last night so used leftover tortillas and salsa, randomly found a can of refried beans in the pantry so it was perfect actually. 

20220521_115046.jpg

We are currently in Mexico, and the wife has now discovered the glory of cheap, fresh chilaquiles topped with a couple of over easy fried eggs.  Grabbed a beautiful plate at the mercado this morning for $3.  Yours look damn fine.

• Hook 'Em 1

25 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

We are currently in Mexico, and the wife has now discovered the glory of cheap, fresh chilaquiles topped with a couple of over easy fried eggs.  Grabbed a beautiful plate at the mercado this morning for $3.  Yours look damn fine.

We got 718 pictures of schnitzel in Germany, but not one picture from a Mexican mercado?  

• Hook 'Em 3

31 minutes ago, Underdog said:

Discovered chilaquiles in Chicago of all places a few years ago.  A restaurant (Yolk) served them and I must’ve had them every morning for breakfast.  

Cheap and easy, definitely worth a hangover breakfast

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Zepol87 said:

Woke up hungover as hell and wanted chilaquilles. Made fajitas last night so used leftover tortillas and salsa, randomly found a can of refried beans in the pantry so it was perfect actually. 

20220521_115046.jpg

I’ve always been a fan of the random canned goods buried in the pantry. little treasures. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

On 5/22/2022 at 7:48 PM, BradInATX said:

1ffd252b58a69d1b78ef5b38e44ba17d.jpg

Leftover brisket, terry blacks sauce, string cheese

That all went in the air fryer. String cheese is resilient af

not tryna be negative, but let me guess:  your cat wouldn't eat the pureed brisket so you put it on a bun with a stick o' cheese?

On 5/21/2022 at 7:48 PM, futureman said:

I’ve always been a fan of the random canned goods buried in the pantry. little treasures. 

I once found, ate and survived a can of Chef Boyardee ravioli that had been expired for six years.  Loaded it up with hot sauce and couldn't tell a difference from any other can.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2