Hey Steel Shank!

Judge Roybeanbag

I call bullshit. The Boy has been a part of Shaggy since I joined- in fact I kind of feel like we’ve all had a hand in raising him.  And today he tried an Allsup’s burrito. Nah. Doesn’t add up.  

Kinda shocked me when I realized it myself. We don’t get out to this stretch of Texas that often.
  • Hook 'Em 1

Wife is pregnant and wanted chicken salad which I don't eat. Had to go Chopped: Bachelor Edition on our currently pretty barren pantry to scrounge dinner up for myself.

Step 1: fry some bacon
Step 2: throw some frozen chicken patties we keep for my two year old in the bacon grease and cook them bitches
Step 3: put that shit on some Texas toast with some cheddar, hot sauce and mustard

Pic lacks artistry but the sandwich comes correct.
e7eee2402dbd1776e5beeb4a2d99e99e.jpg

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

No pics, but on our drive back through NM and W. Texas -- the day that the Capitol was overrun, so we spent the entire drive listening to that shitshow in real time -- we did not eat any actual meals.  Instead, we stopped for one round of Allsup's burritos.   Then another.  Then some jerky, slim jims, and some buffalo ranch chex mix.  Then these nice little pepperoni-wrapped mozzarella sticks from the nicest gas station in Brownwood.  My entire family did not consume a single item that did NOT come from a gas station that day.

I was so. damned. proud.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

No pics, but on our drive back through NM and W. Texas -- the day that the Capitol was overrun, so we spent the entire drive listening to that shitshow in real time -- we did not eat any actual meals.  Instead, we stopped for one round of Allsup's burritos.   Then another.  Then some jerky, slim jims, and some buffalo ranch chex mix.  Then these nice little pepperoni-wrapped mozzarella sticks from the nicest gas station in Brownwood.  My entire family did not consume a single item that did NOT come from a gas station that day.

I was so. damned. proud.

“Nicest gas station in Brownwood?”  Does that mean no one was making meth in the back floorboard of their F150 while filling up?  Yes, I’M local, and yes, I’ve seen this........

7 minutes ago, Fudbelty said:

5121 >>>>>>>>>>>>>> 5122 and there is absolutely nothing wrong with 5122. Might even be top 10 here.

I don't know. 5121 is a masterpiece but it also looks like a commitment. The angle of attack might be difficult to discern there. 5122 is conveniently laid out and open for interpretation. I might start with a summer sausage slice, then go for a summer sausage and cheddar/American. Then see how the sausage plays ball with some candied jalapeño and pepper jack. It's a little more refined thst 5121. 

But, in terms of potential and ultimate eating satisfaction, 5121 takes the cake. Really it's just a question of what you're looking for. 

• Hook 'Em 1

5 hours ago, Jimbaround said:

It may be old news to a lot of you guys, but for anyone who hasn't tried the El Gallo salsa; get some.  The light green and orange are delightfully spicy.

The El Gallo green is top-notch.  But honestly, the Trader Joe's version is better.  Either one of em, I can damn near just drink it.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Jimbaround said:

It may be old news to a lot of you guys, but for anyone who hasn't tried the El Gallo salsa; get some.  The light green and orange are delightfully spicy.

I’ve tried both the fire roasted and regular jalapeno - love them both. Gotta say though, for just being jalapeño salsa, it’s goddamn spicy. I’ll do habanero/really spicy anything and everything, but I don’t know if I could enjoy their habanero salsa based on how spicy the jalapeño one is. 

11 hours ago, Etexhorn13 said:

I’ve tried both the fire roasted and regular jalapeno - love them both. Gotta say though, for just being jalapeño salsa, it’s goddamn spicy. I’ll do habanero/really spicy anything and everything, but I don’t know if I could enjoy their habanero salsa based on how spicy the jalapeño one is. 

They either mix in serrano peppers with the jalapeño,  or they have the most badass Mexicans selecting their jalapeños, because that stuff is spicy. That's not a knock, I'm a big fan of theirs.