Hey Steel Shank!

Judge Roybeanbag

PRIME steaks? Marbling looks as though they could be prime. Is this the right thread for prime steaks?

Also, it comes as no surprise whatsoever that Steel Shank is a NY Strip man. Every man worth his salt understands that it is the far superior cut.

And they look like they are almost ready. I'd say another 60 seconds per side and they are done to perfection. 

Only thing I'd add is about 10X that amount of black pepper.

Edited by Orange&White
  • Hook 'Em 2

5 hours ago, Orange&White said:

PRIME steaks? Marbling looks as though they could be prime. Is this the right thread for prime steaks?

Also, it comes as no surprise whatsoever that Steel Shank is a NY Strip man. Every man worth his salt understands that it is the far superior cut.

And they look like they are almost ready. I'd say another 60 seconds per side and they are done to perfection. 

Only thing I'd add is about 10X that amount of black pepper.

Prime indeed. The boy was going to be eating one and he doesn't like a lot of pepper, so I held back.

I put the pic on this thread because I wanted to fuck around and find out. Or probably the margaritas talking.

• Hook 'Em 1

Figured this thread would do. Yesterday I hit a taco truck that has some of the hottest salsa I've encountered at such places - but it's delicious so I doused my tacos accordingly. Stomach wasn't a fan of that. Now, I could have gone mild today and given up like a Cali-girl influencer with a gluten allergy, but instead I opted to double down with a couple Pete's tacos from Maudies for a late breakfast. Your move, GI. 

On 3/12/2021 at 5:43 PM, Steel Shank said:

I gabbed the pack because they looked good (marbling). I'll buy what looks best. Living a life of black and white/strict rules means you're going to miss out on a lot.

That's what we do (marbling). Lot of meat out there with a thick section of fat around the cut and no marbling throughout the meat. Never tastes as good.

Bolded: Surly motto?

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

That's what we do (marbling). Lot of meat out there with a thick section of fat around the cut and no marbling throughout the meat. Never tastes as good.

Bolded: Surly motto?

Re:  Surly Motto-That phrase is entirely too rational to represent this website. 

On 3/12/2021 at 5:47 PM, CooterBrown said:

If a 4-piece fried chicken with beef fat French fries ain’t Steel Shank worthy, there ain’t much that is.

Never realized that it was only $7 at Bill Miller. That’s a very bad thing.
8fe4f3b235a60b2aeb9ed833b8d414c2.jpg

You're not wrong.

That Pink Salt needs to be replaced with a weapon, something that will kill you from the outside, not inside.

On 2/19/2021 at 6:19 PM, Judge Roybeanbag said:

Being we are trying not to dirty dishes since we don’t have running water, I busted out a childhood favorite last night called “open faced hamburgers” that dad used to make.  Probably because with 5 kids, 2 lbs of ground meat and plenty of buns, it stretches the meal.  You basically season the meat heavily, make really thin patties, then smash it into each side of the bun.  Smear the tops with a little bacon grease, bake on 400 for about 10 minutes, then a few minutes under the broiler.  The bun soaks up all the meat juice and grease while it’s cooking. Prepared everything on freezer paper which got tossed in the trash, then cooked in foil lined pans.  Easy cleanup. These are really fucking tasty. Add cheese if you want.  Not shown on paper plates with seasoned fries.  They also reheat well in the microwave for breakfast with an egg on top.  

spacer.png

Made these again tonight. Briefly toasted the buns first, added pepperoni & mozz before the broiler. Shit slammed, yo. 

• Drool 1

On 3/20/2021 at 7:45 AM, Shoxthemonkey said:

It

There is no way you had an AR with the first serving pic and didn't post it. That means you recreated the scene and had a second helping of it all. That's fucking awesome.

You think they used the first take of Mac Arthur landing back at The Philippines? 

• Hook 'Em 1