Hey Steel Shank!

Judge Roybeanbag

7 minutes ago, Judge Roybeanbag said:

I’d also add this advice, if you’re making Salisbury steak patties, use your favorite meat loaf recipe and make the steaks out of that.  For regular hamburger/cheeseburger patties I just use meat only, worked cold and season right before cooking.  These steak patties had random bread heel crumbs, a couple eggs ritz cracker crumbs and onion-soup type seasoning mixed in the meat.  Muy hardy.  

Solid rec.  Salisbury steak is a, ummm, working class dish.  It's one of those "stretch it with cheap ingredients" things that many of us grew up eating.  Adding bread crumbs and veggie bits and cheap seasonings is on target.  It also makes them more tender, and gravy-friendly.

• Hook 'Em 2

On 5/18/2021 at 4:06 PM, BabaYaga said:

I learned to cook....and can concoct my own versions of rock-gut greatness absent scalding the layer of skin off the roof of my mouth.

Case in point:

Breakfast this AM:  cubed pepper bacon, eggs, Irish butter, natch chili queso from Costco, and left over Braum's crinkle fries crisped in the bacon grease before the eggs are added.  Served in a Chinet paper bowl with leftover Rosas's verde sauce.

Lunch:  single cast iron seared flank steak coated in Big Moe Cason brisket rub and more Irish butter with a giant dab of minced, raw horseradish (not the cream) on the side

Weird. Pics aren’t showing up on mobile, Tapa, or desktop. Shit must be borked again. 

• Haha 1

Salisbury steak, you said?  I made these again Sunday for a large family dinner.  2 lbs of ground venison mixed with 2 lbs of ground beef. Grilled about 3 minutes per side then covered with mushroom onion gravy and baked for about 25 minutes.  
0-B7-EC466-755-F-41-C7-8-CD0-019-E5-CE3-A6-BE.jpg
51971-EE0-C3-A8-4425-A1-CB-F2-D997-D255-C1.jpg
Belongs in shit I cooked/shot thread
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Drool 1

15 hours ago, Judge Roybeanbag said:

Salisbury steak, you said?  I made these again Sunday for a large family dinner.  2 lbs of ground venison mixed with 2 lbs of ground beef. Grilled about 3 minutes per side then covered with mushroom onion gravy and baked for about 25 minutes.  

spacer.png

spacer.png

this is fantastic! my husband should thank you later 😁

So what this is here is Migas Americanas. It consists of maybe 1/3 browned ground beef, a leftover hash brown and mcchicken biscuit from McDonald's, some ketchup, some Sriracha chili garlic paste, some pace picante, and some shredded mild cheddar.

In a Tupperware because I don't plan to finish it it's a lot of food. 

But I'll probably finish it anyway. 

20210524_035135.thumb.jpg.4f1a3c1959c4493800013551046760a6.jpg

Edited by ztejas
Ps it was delicious. Like a great potatoe casserole.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Orange&White said:

What golf course? Can we get a surly hook up? How long does it take to play 18 on your course?

Marion CC, Marion, KS. It's a 9 holer but the greens and fairways are excellent. Play the white tees on the front and blue tees on the back. We only have 120 golf members ($1K/yr) so we don't get a lot of traffic. You don't need a tee-time, just show up and play. I think it's $25 for 18 and $20 for a cart, put the envelope with money in the cash box. Honor system. We play 2 1/2 hour rounds with up to 6 in a group. Jackrabbit golf. I leave my office at 4:30 and I'm on the first tee in 10 minutes. It's not Prairie Dunes  but you can almost see it from here. Come on up and we'll play. Several of us volunteer to help our greenskeeper stay ahead of the mowing.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

52 minutes ago, Shoxthemonkey said:

Marion CC, Marion, KS. It's a 9 holer but the greens and fairways are excellent. Play the white tees on the front and blue tees on the back. We only have 120 golf members ($1K/yr) so we don't get a lot of traffic. You don't need a tee-time, just show up and play. I think it's $25 for 18 and $20 for a cart, put the envelope with money in the cash box. Honor system. We play 2 1/2 hour rounds with up to 6 in a group. Jackrabbit golf. I leave my office at 4:30 and I'm on the first tee in 10 minutes. It's not Prairie Dunes  but you can almost see it from here. Come on up and we'll play. Several of us volunteer to help our greenskeeper stay ahead of the mowing.

Pics of beer cart girl not showing up.

3 hours ago, Shoxthemonkey said:

I'm mowing rough at the golf course today. No time to grab a paper plate or a firearm.

IMG_20210601_114425090.jpg

I can't even begin to count the number of times I've enjoyed one of those sandwiches.  My favorite version has some sliced raw onion on there too.

1 hour ago, UTCzech III said:

Late lunch

4C91DBFE-7738-4AF2-9C60-5D73F08A6FB6.jpeg

Bravo, that is like my fishing/camping dinner.  I like adding half of one of those small cans of sauerkraut to each as well.

• Hook 'Em 2

14 minutes ago, RPM said:

Pics of beer cart girl not showing up.

Hah! We are a Country Club in the loosest sense of the term. No Cart girls, club pro or grill. Most of the members have a personal cart shed and most have a fridge stocked with their favorite beer. Pretty low brow stuff.

• Hook 'Em 1

You know Craig Schmitt?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 6/1/2021 at 4:42 PM, Shoxthemonkey said:

Hah! We are a Country Club in the loosest sense of the term. No Cart girls, club pro or grill. Most of the members have a personal cart shed and most have a fridge stocked with their favorite beer. Pretty low brow stuff.

Country Club with an emphasis on COUNTRY.

• Like 1

On 6/1/2021 at 2:23 PM, Shoxthemonkey said:

Get the fuck outta here! Played in a dove golf tourney on that course about 15 yrs ago.  Pretty sure still not allowed back.

24 minutes ago, Steel Shank said:

Austin’s Pizza frozen Mopac with a Russell’s.
327cc199cf6f9bfc1cfa0e5a73a92da8.jpg

Austins Pizza makes frozen pizzas? Where might I obtain such an item? 

And a bit too much ice for my liking but it all depends on how quickly it is being drank. 

Just now, Steel Shank said:

HEB, homeslice.

And the ice is for a flash chill.

New spot I'm in needs a closer HEB but good to know.

Nothing wrong with a flash chill. Just gotta finish it before you get that watered down brown stuff that no one wants.

10 minutes ago, ztejas said:

New spot I'm in needs a closer HEB but good to know.

Nothing wrong with a flash chill. Just gotta finish it before you get that watered down brown stuff that no one wants.

Why don't you work on your frozen pizzas and not worry about another man and his bourbon.😉

• Like 5