Hey Steel Shank!

Judge Roybeanbag

On 6/6/2021 at 6:28 PM, Patricio Swayze said:

Made some smash burgers on the flat top. Kept it simple, American cheese, onions, tomatoes, spicy pickles on a grilled bun (my wife was drinking and grabbed two heels, so I got two tops🤷🏻‍♂️). Tasted fantastic. 

spacer.png

spacer.png

Thats basically my go to at P Terry's. Tomato, pickle, grilled onion, no lettuce. 

Had a good one the other day in fact:

20210605_142116.thumb.jpg.a2405799160797541ee7cb3aac389252.jpg

11 minutes ago, Paco said:

Yeah the fries aren't very filling because they get thrown in the trash.

Different strokes. I love their fries. But I get why some people might not like them. I'd recommend dipping them in a side of their special sauce. 

1 hour ago, SydneyCarton said:

"For those of you who don't like well done steak, have you considered just slathering it in A1?"

Will never forget the order I once got back when I waited tables.  Dude ordered a cheap-ass sirloin, well-done.  Then, he cut it up into tiny pieces, doused the whole dish in half a bottle of ketchup, stirred it together, and ate it with a spoon.

I couldn't decide whether he was an abject idiot or a total boss for doing shit his way.  Still can't decide.

9 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Will never forget the order I once got back when I waited tables.  Dude ordered a cheap-ass sirloin, well-done.  Then, he cut it up into tiny pieces, doused the whole dish in half a bottle of ketchup, stirred it together, and ate it with a spoon.

I couldn't decide whether he was an abject idiot or a total boss for doing shit his way.  Still can't decide.

Idiot. Or do you want to defend people who eat their steaks well done with ketchup? 

6 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Idiot. Or do you want to defend people who eat their steaks well done with ketchup? 

No, I won't defend people who eat their steaks well done with ketchup.

By the same token, respek for people who like what they like and DGAF what anyone else thinks, they're gonna do shit their way.

It's quite the conundrum.

4 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

No, I won't defend people who eat their steaks well done with ketchup.

By the same token, respek for people who like what they like and DGAF what anyone else thinks, they're gonna do shit their way.

It's quite the conundrum.

Considering your activity in the cloak room, I'm somewhat surprised that you can even hold a "I respect people who do what they like and DGAF what other people think" when they're doing horrendous shit. Seems like nuts and bolts of society slipping out before our eyes, sir. Next you're going to say chili with beans, or spaghetti noodles and cinnamon, is perfectly fine chili. 

37 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

You worked at Mar a Lago? /no cr

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Considering your activity in the cloak room, I'm somewhat surprised that you can even hold a "I respect people who do what they like and DGAF what other people think" when they're doing horrendous shit. Seems like nuts and bolts of society slipping out before our eyes, sir. Next you're going to say chili with beans, or spaghetti noodles and cinnamon, is perfectly fine chili. 

Those are both abominations before God. BUT....they don't affect me.  If you like eating Twinkies dipped in ranch dressing and hot sauce, you do you.  If your sexual fetish is having the wife dress up as Colonel Sanders and making you use chicken fat for lube.....you do you.  And if you look at people judging you for doing what you like, and you look them in the eye and say "I am master of my own domain," respek.

I still think you're an idiot.  But respek.

Also, it depends on how your wife looks in the Colonel Sanders outfit.

• Haha 1

If you like eating Twinkies dipped in ranch dressing and hot sauce, you do you.  If your sexual fetish is having the wife dress up as Colonel Sanders and making you use chicken fat for lube.....you do you. 

I'm over here minding my own damn bidness and you just call me out like that?
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

"For those of you who don't like well done steak, have you considered just slathering it in A1?"

I'm not sure how that's a good analogy at all. First, I don't eat well done steak, second I don't dip any respectable piece of meat into a shitty brand name sauce like A1. 

Do you only eat tortilla chips plain and pass when someone offers you some guac or queso? No? Then let us have our French fry discussion, please.

• Hook 'Em 2

14 hours ago, South Austin said:

I had a shifty steak in Nebraska once and A-1 is the only thing that made eating it possible.

I made the mistake of ordering steak and eggs at IHOP a couple weeks ago and A-1 wouldn't save that piece of mule.

29 minutes ago, RPM said:

I made the mistake of ordering steak and eggs at IHOP a couple weeks ago and A-1 wouldn't save that piece of mule.

I made the mistake of ordering steak and eggs at a Waffle House in Florida a couple of years ago and developed a close attachment to any available toilet for the next 24 hours or so.

17 hours ago, ztejas said:

I'm not sure how that's a good analogy at all. First, I don't eat well done steak, second I don't dip any respectable piece of meat into a shitty brand name sauce like A1. 

Do you only eat tortilla chips plain and pass when someone offers you some guac or queso? No? Then let us have our French fry discussion, please.

It makes perfect sense, dingus. Let me try to break it down as simply as possible.

Shitty Fries :: Shitty Steak. A charred well down steak isn't a respectable piece of meat, that's the fucking point. So your entire premise falls apart immediately. Defending a shitty fucking product by saying "well you can dip it in ____________" isn't really a defense of a shitty product. If you're using something else to counteract a shitty food product, well, guess what it's a shitty food product. Under your shitty premise, it's completely logical to dip the most busted up, chewy, stuck together, overly salty fucking chips in some Queso and go "Man, these chips are fucking great! I love queso!"

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, SydneyCarton said:

It makes perfect sense, dingus. Let me try to break it down as simply as possible.

Shitty Fries :: Shitty Steak. A charred well down steak isn't a respectable piece of meat, that's the fucking point. So your entire premise falls apart immediately. Defending a shitty fucking product by saying "well you can dip it in ____________" isn't really a defense of a shitty product. If you're using something else to counteract a shitty food product, well, guess what it's a shitty food product. Under your shitty premise, it's completely logical to dip the most busted up, chewy, stuck together, overly salty fucking chips in some Queso and go "Man, these chips are fucking great! I love queso!"

Written like someone who's never purchased a steak at the dollar store:

clark-howard_916794210.jpg?fit=600,404&s

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Written like someone who's never purchased a steak at the dollar store:

clark-howard_916794210.jpg?fit=600,404&s

1 minute ago, Cheeseweasel said:

Some of y'all have never been a poor college student and it shows.

So are your saying P Terry’s fries are great because once upon a time you were a poor college student? 

plenty of cheap AF food is tremendous. Plenty of expensive food tastes like shit. It’s irrelevant. 

On 5/18/2021 at 3:18 PM, BabaYaga said:
Favorites were the Nighthawk dinners:  Steak and tots FTW!  Eat the "steak", then let those tots swim in that steak juice.
L-I-V-I-N.....

I’ve got a few of those in my freezer for my son. They quiet him down for about an hour before he’s ready to eat again.

Edited by Hate
  • Hook 'Em 1

On 6/13/2021 at 4:37 AM, threesheets said:

I think?

2 parts mayo

1 part spicy mustard 

1 part teriyaki sauce

I thought there was honey. I tried to recreate it a few times and was never 100% successful. Folks used to sweat it was Gulden's brown mustard but I couldn't get it to taste quite right.

7 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

I thought there was honey. I tried to recreate it a few times and was never 100% successful. Folks used to sweat it was Gulden's brown mustard but I couldn't get it to taste quite right.

Everything I’ve ever seen said 60% mayo, 30% guldens mustard and 10% teriyaki sauce, but some people DID say to add a little honey.  Its been so long since I had any, I wouldn’t know if I made it right or not.