Hey Steel Shank!

Judge Roybeanbag

giphy.gif
This may be a minority opinion, but all deli meats taste better when shaved or sliced super thin; brings out more of the subtle flavors. Pastrami might be the exception, since it falls apart when shaved.

I concur. Pastrami and corned beef should be sliced on just the next setting.

giphy.gif
This may be a minority opinion, but all deli meats taste better when shaved or sliced super thin; brings out more of the subtle flavors. Pastrami might be the exception, since it falls apart when shaved.

It’s all surface area. The taste has nowhere to hide.
  • Like 4

Kids wanted chili dogs and we are out of Wolf (I know, I know) so I made a homemade lazy chili. Also out of japs, onions and decent beer, but eating the scraps in the pantry/fridge/freezer is the essence of the thread.

We desperately need to go to the store. 8e8bddeeb5e5ea985c3c10ecef22052c.jpg

• Like 8

2 hours ago, Whatever said:

Kids wanted chili dogs and we are out of Wolf (I know, I know) so I made a homemade lazy chili. Also out of japs, onions and decent beer, but eating the scraps in the pantry/fridge/freezer is the essence of the thread.

well-fuckin-done. I like it.

13 hours ago, Whatever said:

Nothing wrong with this whatsoever.  

29 minutes ago, ChampKind said:

Did someone say pastrami?14dbc94ac97eac29fcce77ed2b04da53.jpga74b54268158ba9b6f97742315d6177c.jpg

JFC. 

14 hours ago, Whatever said:
23 hours ago, huge said:
Holy shit they still sell Miller 64?

I didn't know either. Someone left it the last time we had a party, and it was my last beer.

I buy it once in a while, when I feel particularly fat and repulsive. Then I drink the whole 30 pack.

FYI - the Mixla corn and flour tortillas from HEB (when they are open) are fucking awesome.  Didn't need to do the flash fry with them like I would plain corn tortillas and they rolled like a dream.  Still has the corn taste but without the PITA factor of working with corn tortillas.

Also, that post should have said frozen, not dozen, hatch chilies.  I had ~3 cups of roasted, peeled, seeded left in the freezer I needed to use up before the new season arrives.

FYI - the Mixla corn and flour tortillas from HEB (when they are open) are fucking awesome.  Didn't need to do the flash fry with them like I would plain corn tortillas and they rolled like a dream.  Still has the corn taste but without the PITA factor of working with corn tortillas.

Also, that post should have said frozen, not dozen, hatch chilies.  I had ~3 cups of roasted, peeled, seeded left in the freezer I needed to use up before the new season arrives.

I’ve found the pre-made bagged mixtas on the aisle are better for enchiladas than the store made ones. Plus it comes in a package of one dozen when the store made ones are packaged in 10. The store made ones always have a weird sticky film on them.

But yeah, can’t taste the difference and no need to fry. I use them for green chili chicken enchiladas. But I use proper corn for cheese enchiladas. Can’t cut corners with classic cheese enchiladas and chili gravy.

On 7/24/2019 at 8:47 PM, JSB said:

Tonight is trash night and the wife is with her friends, which means leftover nachos.

Now what you have here are the last of the tortilla chips, the last of the Doritos, and a few Fritos to fill the pan, then we had 4 bags of shredded cheese that were almost empty, so they all went in, a little left over sausage, and some tomatillo sauce for good measure. Delicious. I will say though the Parmesan added a new twist, but I would do it again.

I'm a little late to this discussion but you should never..... never ever ever ever...... EVER... apologize for putting parmesan on nachos.