Hey Steel Shank!

Judge Roybeanbag

1 minute ago, Braff Zacklin said:

You bought four pieces of chicken and had leftovers? Negged.

I also bought a spicy chicken sandwich, because it was there.  So I had the sandwich, and 2 pieces of chicken.  Plus breakfast.  And for complete transparency, because this was Popeyes on Montopolis, I ordered and paid for a spicy chicken sandwich and a 2 piece special.  Like $7.00.  Then walking to the truck I noticed the box was kinda heavy.  I opened it up and there were FOUR pieces of chicken!  Next time, I probably get shorted. 

2 hours ago, Judge Roybeanbag said:

I also bought a spicy chicken sandwich, because it was there.  So I had the sandwich, and 2 pieces of chicken.  Plus breakfast.  And for complete transparency, because this was Popeyes on Montopolis, I ordered and paid for a spicy chicken sandwich and a 2 piece special.  Like $7.00.  Then walking to the truck I noticed the box was kinda heavy.  I opened it up and there were FOUR pieces of chicken!  Next time, I probably get shorted. 

From EDSBS:

You place an order. At most other restaurants, you would wait for the food. This is not the case at Popeyes. The order, having been placed into their system, is now reviewed by a central computer housed somewhere above flood level in the New Orleans suburbs. It’s probably in Metairie. Metairie feels like the right place to put a giant supercomputer dedicated to rectifying incorrectly arranged fried chicken orders.

No, the food is then rearranged into the proper order for you by the AlTron 4800, and beamed back to the restaurant for packaging. You ordered a two-piece spicy with red beans and rice? No, you got a three piece mild with green beans. There are two biscuits in the bag. Why? Because the AlTron 4800 knew you were a little weak in terms of gut flora, and that you needed some easy chicken work to go with that necessary vegetable matter. The lack of red beans and rice is to teach you humility; the extra biscuit is to remind you that blessings, while random and surprising, are real. God might not respond, but he doesn’t cheat you. Neither does Popeyes.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

The fine folks at Air Canada decided that the boy and I needed a really late layover in Toronto due to big delays. They said “fuck you, team Brisket.”

But team Brisket said “ha...go ahead and throw me in that briar patch...”

3a3a320be8870c8d8efadebfe5c1670b.jpg

Some Timbits and coffee, and we’re ready for the next leg.

I was in banff/canmore with the fam a couple weeks ago.  went to tim horton’s thinking it would do for an easy canadian lunch.  big time rookie mistake.  possibly the worst sandwich I’ve ever had in my life.  my brother did say the coffee wasn’t bad. 

Yeah...stick with the coffee and donuts. Their basic breakfast sammiches are also fine - nothing special, but fine.
But...the boy freaking loves the place.

7 minutes ago, Judge Roybeanbag said:

If it comes from a gas station, like this one did, it's a fried burrito.  At a restaurant they'd call it a chimichanga.

This is like during a Fox NFL broadcast, during a replay review, they go to Mike Periera in the studio and he gives the definitions and pertinent facts of the rule being reviewed. 

Thank you for the clarification.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Orange&White said:

This is like during a Fox NFL broadcast, during a replay review, they go to Mike Periera in the studio and he gives the definitions and pertinent facts of the rule being reviewed. 

Thank you for the clarification.

And the call on the field is confirmed.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

And, I got to eat it in the truck, while the boy drives us to the ranch we’re hunting in concho county. Sipping on my iced tea, letting him give me some details on the new girl he’s starting to go out with, his baseball team’s chances this season....you know, the fucking good stuff.

• Like 6

• 2 weeks later...