Sharp Objects (HBO)

JimmyHoffa

On 7/12/2018 at 7:04 AM, Landomatic said:

I thought it was 9:30 in the morning.  I didn't stop it and back it up to check, but I'm pretty sure it was early.  If it was 4:30, then yeah...fuck that clerk.  Who among us hasn't bought booze at 4:30?  Hell, I think anything after about 11:00 AM is a little judgey.

It appears that they're on a first name basis now.

Was it the drunk dad who got thrown out of the house after the funeral?

Certainly a show you have to be off your phone, the flashbacks happen all the time without any warning.

Also Scared scratched on the car? Did we get any idea how that got there?

1 hour ago, SubliminalHorn said:

This is a show you have to watch each episode a second time to catch things you’re probably going to miss the first time through 

probably gonna have to watch the season a second time as well.  so many little flashes of stuff with no prior context.  

19 hours ago, Duckman said:

Changing scene was worth a replay.  Hard to believe AA is 44.   Damn...

In watching that I noticed that she probably intentionally put on some weight to reflect her alcoholic/cutter character. Amy Adams is fine, and normally looks hot as fuck. But she wasn't exactly "tight" in that scene.

On 7/9/2018 at 11:20 PM, Vito Andolini said:

I liked how upon arrival to the homestead, she showed no affection to her mother or her stepfather, but embraced the maid (who gave off a pretty good Get Out grandma vibe).

On 7/10/2018 at 12:22 PM, Neonmoon said:

It also weirds me out how the husband doesn't say shit. He's basically just there playing with his stereo. 

Stands to reason the maid/housekeeper probably did more to raise Amy Adams than Mom did. We aren't sure when stepdad (Ritter) entered the picture. Could've been well after the sister's death. (Full disclosure: I've only seen the premiere.)

I've read the book and liked this book more than I did her others. I wish they would have made her skin a little more noticeable. If you're not paying attention, it's hard to tell anything is wrong with her skin. I would think these type of scars in real life would be more red and raised than white.

On 7/20/2018 at 11:51 AM, sachick said:

I've read the book and liked this book more than I did her others. I wish they would have made her skin a little more noticeable. If you're not paying attention, it's hard to tell anything is wrong with her skin. I would think these type of scars in real life would be more red and raised than white.

It was fairly subtle other than the one that said Vanish.  I mentioned it after the show was over and my lady friend didn't believe me.  Had to replay that part because she didn't see them at all the first time.  

Just watched all episodes a 2nd time. In the first episode (i think) when Amma is showing her the doll house the framed pictures in the dollhouse says “girl” the first time and then it’s gone. I’m sure there is a ton of stuff I’m missing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Watched it a second time and was able to pause/rw a few scenes and it made a little more sense. Little half sis is indeed the devil or your typical hot, repressed, rebellious, small town teenage girl, potato/potato. Camille should move back to the fleabag motel. Has to be better than putting up with Mom's shit. Is Stepdad a cutter, too?

8 hours ago, RPM said:

Watched it a second time and was able to pause/rw a few scenes and it made a little more sense. Little half sis is indeed the devil or your typical hot, repressed, rebellious, small town teenage girl, potato/potato. Camille should move back to the fleabag motel. Has to be better than putting up with Mom's shit. Is Stepdad a cutter, too?

Yeah wtf was stepdad doing? 

he was biting his fist, trying to suppress his screams. that mother is such a fucking bitch and i would kick the shit outta amma if i was camille - what fucking name is amma, anyway? great show, needs some more tites but overall really like this show

pretty much no doubt that the sister is behind the killings right? i think she let it slip when she was drunk talking to camille.

2 minutes ago, Mez2 said:

Hide contents

pretty much no doubt that the sister is behind the killings right? i think she let it slip when she was drunk talking to camille.

Spoiler

the only thing that makes me doubt this is that it seems too obvious too early in the show.  but I get where you’re coming from.

I found it interesting that Marian's (Camille's sister that died in childhood) bed was a hospital bed that was equipped for an IV drip.

This is a total jump to conclusions, but the first thing that popped into my head was that maybe Adorra was poisoning her as a way of "controlling" her, and it went too far.  

2 hours ago, Kennythetiger said:

The brother's cheerleader girlfriend is creepy as fuck.

if by creepy you mean smokin hot then yes she is creepy as fuck.  

she doesn’t weird me out like amma.  just seems like a publicity whore who likes to dress slutty. 

2 hours ago, Planet Houston said:

I found it interesting that Marian's (Camille's sister that died in childhood) bed was a hospital bed that was equipped for an IV drip.

This is a total jump to conclusions, but the first thing that popped into my head was that maybe Adorra was poisoning her as a way of "controlling" her, and it went too far.  

Sixth Sense style....very possible.

Lots of lesbo vibes.  Some between little sis and AA and then the girlfriend in the cheerleader outfit.  Clearly was hoping for a three-way?  or am i projecting (totes possible btw)

2 hours ago, Planet Houston said:

I don’t get any kind of vibe like that from adora.  she’s a bitch for sure but she loves her family and I don’t see her being involved in anything evil.  she loves and takes care of camille, she’s just a cunt about it. 

1 hour ago, futureman said:

I don’t get any kind of vibe like that from adora.  she’s a bitch for sure but she loves her family and I don’t see her being involved in anything evil.  she loves and takes care of camille, she’s just a cunt about it. 

Disagree. I’d bet the farm on her being involved (or is aware of who did it and is aiding in the coverup). 

2 hours ago, futureman said:

Adora doesn't love anyone other than herself - she's a textbook narcissist. Camille is the "scapegoat" and the other two girls were the "golden children".

you are right on the money about moving back into the motel.  that would definitely be more emotionally healthy than putting up with the dysfunction at home.  i'm disappointed in how calmly she handled seeing amma out after promising she'd stay in.  and not only was she out but she put a lollipop in her hair and was verbally antagonizing her.  seems like that deserved more of a response than it got out of either her or the detective.  

37 minutes ago, thrillhammer said:

you are right on the money about moving back into the motel.  that would definitely be more emotionally healthy than putting up with the dysfunction at home.  i'm disappointed in how calmly she handled seeing amma out after promising she'd stay in.  and not only was she out but she put a lollipop in her hair and was verbally antagonizing her.  seems like that deserved more of a response than it got out of either her or the detective.  

Yeah, especially after having a few drinks.  That situation would've made it very hard to take the high road.  I would've pulled that roller bitches hair and smacked her down.