Sharp Objects (HBO)

JimmyHoffa

6 hours ago, thrillhammer said:

you are right on the money about moving back into the motel.  that would definitely be more emotionally healthy than putting up with the dysfunction at home.  i'm disappointed in how calmly she handled seeing amma out after promising she'd stay in.  and not only was she out but she put a lollipop in her hair and was verbally antagonizing her.  seems like that deserved more of a response than it got out of either her or the detective.  

6 hours ago, EvilCaseMcCoy said:

Yeah, especially after having a few drinks.  That situation would've made it very hard to take the high road.  I would've pulled that roller bitches hair and smacked her down. 

If she had reacted it would have played right into Amma's hand. Remember, Mom said Camille was "dangerous" and it wasn't safe for Amma to be around her. The Detective backing Camille would not played well either because, you know, Camille is a slut and men would do anything for her and he's an out of town asshole.

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

On 7/23/2018 at 4:07 PM, babysdaddy said:

Lots of lesbo vibes.  Some between little sis and AA and then the girlfriend in the cheerleader outfit.  Clearly was hoping for a three-way?  or am i projecting (totes possible btw)

No question there were lots of vibes.  My wife thought so too and she’s usually a little less pervy about those things than me.  Don’t forget AA and her cell mate in the loony bin too.  Between lil sis, the cheerleader and the chick who killed herself, I was pretty sure we’d get some kind of rug munching or scissoring at least.  But no.  Apparently it’s some other deeper meaning mommy issues bull shit.  Way to fuck up a perfectly good lesbo opportunity, HBO.

Sixth Sense style....very possible.

Lots of lesbo vibes.  Some between little sis and AA and then the girlfriend in the cheerleader outfit.  Clearly was hoping for a three-way?  or am i projecting (totes possible btw)

Are we playing golf next week?

I have tried to be patient, but this show is losing me. They are getting too cute with all the flashbacks, hallucinations, dreams, whatever. For all I know Camille is still in the bathtub from episode 1 and dreaming all this thru Ep 4. Nothing is happening...same
stuff over and over. Drink, walk around, chat, and not find shit, repeat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14 hours ago, Upgrayedd said:

I’m not going back thru this thread in order to avoid spoilers, but I just finished episode 2 and wonder if this ever picks up steam.  Does it?

It's not meant to be an action packed thriller.  The weird murders are the excuse to dive into the crazy ass family and childhood of Amy Adams.

similar to true detective. Woody and JKL character studies are the real purpose of the show.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TwiceHorn said:

I read the book between eps 2 and 3.  There's a twist, but it's painfully obvious, although the book was alright.

From watching 3 eps, it's too slow and tortured for the payoff.

I thought the book was good and not totally obvious. Liked it better than her other books. This show? Eh... it's a'right. I think they're making it more obvious than the books did. There's nothing else on right now. Although Sinner's 2nd season started this week and it looks promising.

1 hour ago, sachick said:

I thought the book was good and not totally obvious. Liked it better than her other books. This show? Eh... it's a'right. I think they're making it more obvious than the books did. There's nothing else on right now. Although Sinner's 2nd season started this week and it looks promising.

making what more obvious?

39 minutes ago, immortal13 said:

Glad I bailed on this after ep. 2. Apparently, it doesn't get any better

It has stayed exactly the same as where you left off.  Just a bunch of flashbacks, people drinking and smoking and acting all weird like they are hiding something.   Every episode so far.  Totally stuck in neutral until this big twist is revealed.   I just let out a big sigh everytime the screen goes black and the credits start.